Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be putting a seafood restaurant in Sulani?

For those of you with Dine Out. I plan on putting one or maybe two. I downloaded a lighthouse restuarent.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Great idea :) it fits the pack so much!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I dont know I already have a seafood restaurant in bb but I did plan on having a family own a restaurant there.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Absolutely :D
    I only have a seafood/fish themed restaurant in my game, in Brindleton Bay and I built it with that world in mind.
    I'm hoping we get nice new recipes and harvestable, I will definetely be building a chilled and casual seafood restaurant there, with an island flavour.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I do not have Dine Out, but Get to Work and find that the bakery system makes a good enough subtitute. So far I have a pizzeria and a Mc Donalds - the kinds of restaurant where it doesn't look odd when most customers just buy something and leave and only a few (my played sims) sit down to eat right there.

I like the Seafood restaurant idea <3 I'll probably create an upscale one where you have to pay for table reservations in advance to give it a different flair from Brindleton Bay's seafood vendor stalls.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Probably. I’d like a mix of seafood and island delicacies. Maybe use one of the lots that come out into the water and put tables inside and out
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    For sure!!! Great idea.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    That's a good idea! Hopefully they added more seafood options with this pack.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Not only i want to built a seafood restaurant in sulani like i did for Brindleton Bay, if given enough lot I might want to put in a club too :)

The Sims Game
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm hoping poke is one of the new foods we get. In which case I'll be making a small traditional island style restaurant that serves poke and fruity drinks. Maybe a tiki bar out back.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Absolutely not haha. I'd rather my sims spend a day at the beach than a day waiting for their food to arrive.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Not specifically seafood, as I already have a fish restaurant in BB and I don't like repeating the same community lot theme, but I will place a restaurant featuring new foods and drinks as well as pre-existing menu items that I think are suitable.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Definitely, plus the new cultural foods coming with the pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    For sure. I have a seafood restaurant in BB that's nautical in style/decor but I'll put one in Sulani that echoes the island aesthetic. I'll decorate with the new build/buy objects and hopefully there will be some new recipes for menu options.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is the sort of thing that gets me doing weird research, for example:

step 1: build a restaurant for Sulani that will sell local dishes and suitable pre-existing dishes.
    step 2: put items on the menu, scroll through dishes, come across the haddock sandwich
    step 3: contemplate the haddock sandwich. Would haddock live in the waters around Sulani?
    step 4: Google "where do haddock live?"
    step 5: read a Wikipedia page about haddock

Turns out haddock is found in the north Atlantic ocean and associated seas.

The haddock sandwich is off the menu.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Nah, I already have one in BB. However I am going to be putting a spa there as soon as it's loaded into my game.
  • ExquizitesueExquizitesue Posts: 7 New Member
    yes a seafood restaurant seems like a good idea. i wonder what new foods they have for us
  • InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    I will. Since I made two seafood restaurants. One in Brindleton Bay that is still in my lot, and a old one that is kept in my gallery for retooling it for fitting the island atmosphere.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I have this beautiful yacht-shaped seafood restaurant in Magnolia Promenade that will be moved to Sulani once I get there. :)

magnoliapromenadeyach2ljlm.jpg
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Didn't even think about it, but that's a great idea!
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I dont know I already have a seafood restaurant in bb but I did plan on having a family own a restaurant there.

I already have a seafood restaurant on the docks in Windenburg, but I could move it to Sulani and put a different restaurant there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    This is the sort of thing that gets me doing weird research, for example:

step 1: build a restaurant for Sulani that will sell local dishes and suitable pre-existing dishes.
    step 2: put items on the menu, scroll through dishes, come across the haddock sandwich
    step 3: contemplate the haddock sandwich. Would haddock live in the waters around Sulani?
    step 4: Google "where do haddock live?"
    step 5: read a Wikipedia page about haddock

Turns out haddock is found in the north Atlantic ocean and associated seas.

The haddock sandwich is off the menu.

Ha! This is so me!!! :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yup. Mr. Roarke's Hideaway that serves the best seafood on the island.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe, but I'd never visit it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Well I did, it's cute as heck with outdoor seating over the water... but I've tried taking my sim family there a few times and it never fails, they sit there for 10 hours and do not get served food after ordering. I have tried tweaking the layout, number of staff, number of cooking stations, etc. between visits and it just doesn't work. Dine out was such a great concept but has always been very un-usable for me. So frustrating
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Dining out is borked since the new EP/patch. Restaurants don't work properly in Sulani and there are problems in other worlds too.

Sims won't remain seated, other sims come and steal your food. Dining out is now a horrendous experience.