Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No island dance? Island living

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't notice an island dance. I'm hoping I missed it

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I didn't see one either.

Hopefully, there will be a dance at the island festival/luau
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They did say you can learn about their culture, so maybe that's part of it? We'll have to see once they reveal info
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In Jungle Adventures there was a local dance the sims learned once they reached a certain level of culture skill. Perhaps that is the route they are taking here. TS2 had the hula, but getting in on lessons could be a bit iffy. Your sime could also learn the fire dance from the guy on the beach. Will be interesting if they include something like that. A greater issue is whether the pack will be more on the tourist side or how the locals actually live side. That would preferable, to learn a local culture and become at home with it. One can be a crazy, throw your $ around tourist anywhere. I'm an old 'China Station' hand, and my best memories of that period are of hanging out with the locals learning about life from their perspective.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    In Jungle Adventures there was a local dance the sims learned once they reached a certain level of culture skill. Perhaps that is the route they are taking here. TS2 had the hula, but getting in on lessons could be a bit iffy. Your sime could also learn the fire dance from the guy on the beach. Will be interesting if they include something like that. A greater issue is whether the pack will be more on the tourist side or how the locals actually live side. That would preferable, to learn a local culture and become at home with it. One can be a crazy, throw your $ around tourist anywhere. I'm an old 'China Station' hand, and my best memories of that period are of hanging out with the locals learning about life from their perspective.

The difference is that "learning new dance moves" is part of JA pack description. It isn't here.

• Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    what ive been saying, but perhaps its still a secret.
  • Options
    what ive been saying, but perhaps its still a secret.

I'm hoping it was just missed. Dancing is one of my favorite things to do in the Sims
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Eh. Dancing is a minor feature to me, especially when the pack has MERMAIDS in it!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I haven't seen any evidence of an island of cultural dance
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Well there is a fire dance but anyone can do it.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Maybe it would be like Jungle Adventure where there is a culture skill and new dances are unlocked once you learn them. Culture seems to be a big theme, so I don't think it would be ignored.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    if there is no hula I will be extremely sad because that was perfect place to put it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There's a new bonfire (like the GT ones) in this pack and the fire dancing functionality that comes with that. You'll see sims taking part during the fire festival event.
  • Options
    kipi1776kipi1776 Posts: 1 New Member
    One of the locals at the bar swayed her hips as if she was doing a hula dance that I hadn't seen before so I've been determined to find said dance.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    There is the fire dance from get together i find this kinda lazy to just re use something we already had without making it even slightly different we should have gotten a hula dance or something like that
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    So there really isn't a new dance? I thought they would bring back the hula dance. And also no fire pit, or limbo. Kinda lame. :( I was looking forward to having those back in game. And also swimming pool bars.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!