Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    I'm hype for this. I would love to see a paranormal career track. I think it would be pretty cool if there were a "fear" emotion or "cowardly" character trait as well. Or maybe a ghost option for CAS. There's a lot of things to work with, I think.
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I'm actually sort of excited (although I don't like witches), but I do hope that the magic is confined to a Harry Potter type world or something. It would just break immersion too much to go to like San Myshuno and see random sims practicing magic all up the place. They could explain it with "magic rules" or something where magic can be practiced in that world, but nowhere else.

Otherwise, I want them to go crazy with it. Magical creatures? Lore? Pets becoming humans? Potion brewing? Yes please.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The original The Sims method of getting into a Magical Realm would work for me. The Alice in Wonderland type of falling down a real "rabbit hole" with most magic staying there. This could mean a completely new set of CAS clothes to use there and more imaginationative building stuff.

The running into a station wall has been done before!
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I'm super excited!!
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    It would be nice if, in Realm of Magic, the potions or magic spells required both new and existing ingredients. We already have some magical-sounding ingredients in the base game, which are now being wasted, should be incorporated into certain new spells or potions.

Let’s see the Death flower be part of really powerful spells or potions having to do with death, resurrection or zombies. The cow plant berry could be a required element of transformation spells or potions for fixing or draining a sim’s needs or essence. The Growfruit could be an ingredient in powerful spells affecting plants, evolving them directly to perfect or changing them so that they grow weird things like in TS3 — meat or cheese or eggs, or rare crystals or metals. Let’s also see different frogs as ingredients in certain relevant potions or spells (like Toadification or an uglifying potion, or hallucinating spells). Emotion berries from JA could be used in emotion-generating magic or potions.

It would be great too if the quality of the ingredients affected the spell: normal plants cause weak spells that sometimes fail, but perfect ones produce the strongest spells with the longest-lasting effects and best animations.

It would also be nice if there would be unique spells pertaining to the different packs. Weather related spells (obviously) should exist for games with Seasons; it would also be nice if witches and witches alone could somehow bottle and utilize the lighting charge which currently only knocks a sim out in new electrifying spells.

Some of the ingredients from
    OR (like toxic chamomile) could be used to create poisons or disfiguring spells, or healing potions. Wolfsbane and garlic could be used in spells to ward off or affect vampires or even to cure vampirism. A mermaid’s scale could be a key ingredient for a powerful sea or underwater spell, requiring a witch to meet and befriend a mermaid to get it (if you own IL of course). If you have GTW the alien fruits could be required for mind-reading spells or improving rocket abilities exponentially. Other spells could confer fame (temporarily or permanently) or advance or damage or restore a sim’s reputation (from GF).

I would like some magical dishes and drinks to be unlockable too for witches and wizards with very high cooking or mixology skills.

Magic ingredients I would like to see come back from TS1 and 2: beeswax, honey, black roses, four leaf clovers, diamond dust, pixie and faerie dust, golden thread, dragon tears, dragon scales, magic beans, snake venom, toadstools, llama spit, toad sweat, eye of newt.

From TS3 I would like to see these plants again: flame fruit (beautifully animated), ghost Chili, mandrake, red valerian, truffles, porcini mushrooms, spotlight, moon cap, and glow orb mushrooms.
  • Options
    JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    I think a new world would be a huge bonus for the RoM game pack which then introduces a new active career for your sims to be part of a Magical Government & they can hunt down bad wizards/witches and make their way up to be like a Magical Minister.

The Guru’s really have to win back so many fans (although the community is thriving rn) and this is the pack (other than University) a huge percentage of players have been asking for so they really need to spend time on it & create fresh gameplay + regain that “sim” feeling that TS4 seems to lack.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    However i would see a new lot trait called Magical Ley-line
    this would allow non magic parents to have Muggleborn sims.
  • Options
    Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Nice GP, and the fact the gamemakers finaly listents to the players!
    I really hope they'll try to pull out some of the good parts of the earlier Sims packs such as The Sims Making Magic and The Sims 3 Supernatural. (Sims 2's witches was a dissapointing, I dont even think that there was a magic pack)

In The Sims Making Magic the fact that there was a world for only magic, the duels and the magic potions and craftings behind was so much fun! It was like the game was really thought out before it was released.
    The Sims 3 Supernatural also had som great elements, like warewolfs, faires, genies etc. Even though I was a bid underempressed about the supernatruals powers.

Therefore i really hope they make a pack that include a bunch of the great stuff from the earlier packs, and make an even better one (with no bugs)!! :D
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I pray that they won't mess this up hopefully the animations money they skip on island living was used for this pack ;)
  • Options
    grayhorseranchgrayhorseranch Posts: 33 Member
    Does anyone know when this will be released? Really looking forward to it
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Does anyone know when this will be released? Really looking forward to it

My guess is around Halloween, but no one knows yet.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I wonder if there will be any "Quests" of a magical sort on the lines of StrangerVille that one could do or choose not to.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm more interested in this addition rather than Island Living. :D Very curious to see what sort of occults they have to offer. I hope witches/wizards/warlocks & werewolves!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    The best thing about that Moschino stuff pack announcement is that we finally got that out of the way and are getting just that tiny bit closer to the best announcement of 2019 for TS4 <3 hopefully we'll have our magic and witches by the end of September 🤗 (but not too soon so I can take a day off 😅)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    There isn't much info so I don't have much of a say; but has some personal wishes I hope can be in the game pack. I want a more quirky feel and to have both good and bad magic in the game and that any sim can learn magic (though born wizards and witches would just learn faster and naturally be better at it due to hidden traits). I want another dark, spooky and quirky world that could be Tim Burton inspired personally. Maybe have a few mysteries to solve since it is a game pack.

If we can have fairies or werewolves it would be cool; but care about magic in general and what it can do.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I am so AMAZINGLY EXCITED to finally be getting witches (or just magical abilities for any sim) and mermaids too!! Playing with occults is my FAVORITE part of The Sims and I'm so happy we're finally getting more than just aliens and vampires after all these years!!!!! <3

Once we get faeries, werewolves, and genies then this game will be complete for me! :smiley:
    I really hope in the future we get at least one new occult every year. It's been really dull for me after vampires were released because we had years of no new occults whatsoever. I hope the realistic simmers do finally get their University pack soon, but I really couldn't care less about that. I'm just hoping we get more occult-related game packs every year!!! :blush:

I felt that way about GF, with the use of the RTF which added the singing career. Aliens are a bust in this game, so I have to use cc to have my Vulcans look, well, you know, Vulcan. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CzartyCzarty Posts: 21 Member
    I love the idea of this pack. I loved all the occult stuff in the sims 3 and hope they do it even better!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It would be nice if the gameplay had a combination of Camelot, I Dream Of Jeanie, Narnia, Neverland, Once Upon A Time, The 10th Kingdom & Wonderland.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SERVERFRA

That would be most awesome :) I am hopeful because I love vampires and i think they did an awesome job of those when they released the vampire pack so i am hoping now that it looks like they are making one supernatural to one pack we appear to getter game play for our supernaturals when they are released. I would love fairies and werewolves as well but would be prepared to wait if they came in separate packs as well :)
  • Options
    jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member
    If they don’t bring back the crystal ball and fortune teller career, I will die.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I would like a Harry Potter based theme with the school as a new world were people can go like a university and live there in dorms.complete with cafeteria and all sorts of sports activities. But being realistic this might be too much but it would be amazing I would like a butter beer stand too. Mabye the castle and the butter beer will be enough.
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    _000key wrote: »
    I would like a Harry Potter based theme with the school as a new world were people can go like a university and live there in dorms.complete with cafeteria and all sorts of sports activities. But being realistic this might be too much but it would be amazing I would like a butter beer stand too. Mabye the castle and the butter beer will be enough.

I really hope it's not just a Harry Potter knock off pack. Realm of Magic has the opportunity to make a really exciting interesting pack, just making it that would be boring.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    _000key wrote: »

I really hope it's not just a Harry Potter knock off pack. Realm of Magic has the opportunity to make a really exciting interesting pack, just making it that would be boring.

Also, the Harry Potter franchise is licensed by Warner Bros. EA would have to buy the licensing rights to actually use it. They could do a sort of knock off, but that just seems like a waste to me.

I'm thinking though, that when University comes out, it might be possible for players to set up something that resembles a Wizarding school, if there's enough flexibility in the two packs.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I cannot wait for this one. Super excited and have been wanting it from the beginning. Now that Moschino is released ... lol I'm getting more hyped knowing it can't be that long now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I've been playing my Stardew save and really hope my wizard gets some powers finally. I really want witches to play out many characters I already have planned or that are waiting in game.
    I hope we get a nice world area too...
    I'm hoping it's not a knock off of anything in particular but will serve to play out many witch types. I'm partial to AHS: Coven, Practical Magic and The Craft and witches from old shows and movies like Bewitched and Bell, Book and Candle. I also want a swamp, earthy type of witch that deals with potions and herbs. I want it all lol. Hope we get great spells.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I am very interested in a magic pack. Supernatural was one of my favorite packs, the faries my favorite occult, but I enjoyed witches too. The magic shop was one of my favorite lots. So it would be nice if this pack gave us something truly wonderful like Supernatural did.

In addition to magic, and witches, I would like to see a darkly exciting world, with a fair number of lots. They can keep the YA clothing, but I would like some grungy walls and floors, and build/buy items. Maybe something like the store world Midnight Hollow, that was an amazing work of art. My all time favorite store world.

That being said, I will wait and see how the pack ends up. Hope they don't disappoint, because my Sims need something to get excited about.