Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Muscle Gain?

My sim, Bambi, is on the road of the acting career. And of course she has to work out and stay in shape. When I first created her I didn't make her super thin, but I also didn't make her thick either. But now she's super thin. I can't have her stop working out because she needs to reach level 7.

If I have her only lift weights will that cause her to gain muscle and get more tone?

What about protein shakes?

5UhTqu2.png
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes, lifting weights will make her buff without burning fat. Stay away from something like the treadmill.
    I don't really know what the protein shakes do. To my knowledge they only give a moodlet but I could be wrong.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Okay, thanks! I will have her lift some weights. Because up until this point she's been doing the treadmill, yoga, and simba on the television.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yeah, yoga will burn fat as well as increase muscle. The TV workouts both just burn fat. Your best options are lifting weights, basketball, and the punching bag.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Thanks again!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2019
    Be cautious of lifting weights if you don't want your sim to be over muscled. I had this active sim that was always wanting to workout. Eventually she got too thin and I've decided to make her lift weights instead. Now she's an over over muscled girl.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    when my sim tried to only do cardio, the fat level mostly stays in the specific threshold mostly not below 40% of the slider, but if I added lifting to his routine, the fat can go below 40 up to 0, but be careful that body type can change if using lifting weight while the muscle slider is at 100%, my sims body all of a sudden changed from mesomorph to endomorph (aka bodybuilder body).
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Punching bag and yoga combine cardio and strength training. They cap out at 60% muscle, I believe, so your sim won't get too bulky.

Not sure about the new machine that came with StrangerVille.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    How about reading fitness books? Progress will be slower than actively practising the skill, but reading should leave both muscle and bodyfat as is.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    If you want her to gain weight try the high calorie meals. My sim ate 5 in a row for 3 days and was near peak "fatness" of the fitness scale.
    (Some calorie counted recipes listed here) https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/876976/calories-in-foods

Yoga is also an option I believe they patched so you didn't become a bodybuilder from stretching

And if you're okay with mods, mcc let's you "freeze physique" so they can work out without gaining muscle or losing weight.
    caitytrina.png
    Thanks guys! I'm going to take all of this and try and come up with the best routine for Bambi!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    kinda crazy that there's so much depth to this one aspect of a 'simple' game, huh

i tend to have most of my female sims that i want to stay fit but not bulk up alternate between running on the treadmill and swimming. it works for most of them, though their diets vary wildly (one eats nothing but ham and cheese sandwiches because i don't want her to learn the cooking skill, just as an example)

others, i have to pay a lot more attention to to get their desired physiques, such as the bodybuilders (both male and female), pro athletes, yoga gurus or whatnot, ranging everywhere from merely toned to muscular but not crazy to walking pile of muscles (mostly the bodybuilders for that, but the occasional thug or bodyguard type, too)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, one of my male Athletes got really muscular, a bit more than I wanted.
    I really do love the depth that they put into the weight system this time around. From sims who may gain and keep weight from pregnancy, to sims who seem to be naturally thin. To trying to bulk up sims. I really love it!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really do love the depth that they put into the weight system this time around. From sims who may gain and keep weight from pregnancy, to sims who seem to be naturally thin. To trying to bulk up sims. I really love it!

Yep, I agree some sim are just naturally thin and hard to gain muscle, like Bjorn Bjergsen, some sim who likes to make the gym their favorite place to hangout usually bulk up on their own, but not this guy, tried bulking him up once and failed.
    ihavemultiplegamertags