Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flip This World - Build Challenge

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
FLIP THIS WORLD

Have you ever wanted to play in all the EA houses? But still kind of feel like making them over to fit your own style? Well, here’s a challenge to help you do both!

The goal of this challenge is two-fold. It allows you to live in every EA house in the game and allows you to make over the houses as you go, however much or little is entirely up to you!

THE RULES:

No money cheats
No needs cheats

Mods and CC are fine, as long as they don’t give you an unfair advantage. MCCC is fine, as long as you aren’t taking advantage, such as having multiple babies with townies and cashing in with Child Support. Of course, one child from a townie and a couple hundred dollar child support payment isn’t going to make or break the game. Also, mods that boost skills or crafted items, such as a mod to make sims write faster, would not be allowed, but a mod to stop kids from making messes is fine.

I’m a heavy mod user and I won’t play without my mods, so I can sympathize. Just don’t manipulate the system or the game, be it ‘legal’ or mod-wise. The fun in the challenge is working towards the goal.

That’s about it. Just play and have fun.

THE SETUP:

Roll a dice or use random.org to determine a random number between 1 and however many worlds you have with EA residential lots to live in. As of today, 4/4/19, with all packs there are 8 worlds with residential lots (not counting Granite Falls or Selvadorada, or Magnolia Promenade or Newcrest, obviously).

Create a sim and/or family. Again. Totally up to you. Alien, human, or vampire, all are allowed. Traits, aspirations, looks… all totally your call. One sim? Great! 8? Hey, maybe you like the challenge. Who am I to tell you otherwise? Create your family.

THE BASICS:

Start in your randomly rolled world, and pick the cheapest house in that world. I’ll give you the starting house values for each current world:

Willow Creek: Crick Cabana $13,663
Oasis Springs: Nookstone $13,064
Windenburg: Proprietor’s Square $13,570
San Myshuno: 1313 21 Chic Street: $7,855 (Weekly Rent $300, Deposit $600)
Forgotten Hollow: Widowshild Townhome $19,180
Brindleton Bay: Bedlington Boathouse $19,331
Del Sol Valley: Inner Circle $19,722
Strangerville: $16,604

Move into the cheapest home fully furnished.

Now, these are the houses you’ll start at. None of them have anyone living there in a fresh save. But, at some point, you will have to evict sims from a house, even the well known premades. When that time comes, always chose “Evict” for the current residents of the house you want to move in from the manage world view, that way the furniture stays behind.

If you want, you can place the evicted sims in houses you have already flipped, and in that case, if needed, for uncontrolled sims, you may use cheats to place them in any previous flipped house (testingcheats on and then FreeRealEstate on). Placing townie’s in previously flipped houses is the only time you may use cheats.

You have to live in your current house until you’ve reno’d and increased it’s value no more than the allowed amount and for at least one sim week. You can live in each house longer than a week, but you can not move out sooner. (As a tip, don’t do your reno’s as soon as you move into the house, even if you have the money. Save the reno’s for the end of the week, that way you have at least experienced a bit of what EA has to offer).

Challenge Reno Value Rules:

Original Value + Reno Increase = Max Allowed Value
Up to 40,000 + 10,000
41,000 to 60,000 + 20,000
61,000 and up + 30,000

So, an example…

If you start in willow creek. You start at Crick Cabana. With a starting value of 13,663. Since the Lot Value is under 40,000 you have a 10,000 reno budget and can increase it to a max allowed value of 23,663.

CHECK OUT THE “EXTRA BITS” SECTION FOR HOW TO FIND YOUR LOT VALUE AND HOW TO MOVE HOUSEHOLDS WHEN READY.

Once you’ve hit your maxed reno value (or less, depends on when you are ready to move on, the value can not be any LOWER than starting value) you move into the next cheapest house in that world, repeating the process. You do this until you have worked your way from the cheapest house in the world and end at the most expensive house in the world.

No bulldozing the lot and starting over. You need to reno the current house. You can do whatever you want inside the home, provided you have the budget for it (not going over max allowed value). Keep this in mind, cause the budget maxes quicker than you think.

You can only make cosmetic changes to the outside (change windows, doors, paint/colors, add or remove trim, change roof color/pattern). No changing or removing outer structure walls.
You can do as little or as much landscaping as you want and as the budget will allow, as landscaping does come out of your budget.

Once you have reno’d the most expensive house in your current world, you are done with that world. Time to roll for your next world to flip.

THE OPTIONS:

Here’s where you determine how you play this challenge.

Each world, you need a new sim. Otherwise, this challenge would be insanely easy. Do you want to create a new sim each new world? Go ahead! Want to let your previous sims children take over flipping the new world? Sure! You can spend as much time as you want in each house (as long as you spend at least one week in each home) and as much time as you want in each world.

You can either turn aging off or you can have it on long or normal. You can have babies and raise kids. If you want to age kids up early, go ahead. The only thing I will say, in the spirit of the challenge and having fun, if you don’t intend to play children, don’t have a kid right off the bat and just speed age them to YA for extra income makers. If you want the next generation to take over the new world, but don't’ really want to play the kids at all, save having kids until you are on your last house then. But now, if you love playing families but just hate the infant stage, then feel free to just age infants up soon as you want.

Do whatever you want to do during your process of reno’ing the world. You can visit any lot, travel on vacation as much as you want. You can earn money however you see fit. Just remember, the fun of this challenge is to live in EA lots and experience all EA has to offer… as well as improve on it. So however you want to get there, is mostly up to you.

I’m sure there are things I’m not considering right now, but don’t manipulate the system. If you find a loophole that makes this challenge insanely easy, just don’t utilize that loophole (and dropping me a line would be super helpful :) )

You want the challenge to be a bit challenging, but not so much you dread playing the save. Only you know where that sweet spot is. So you decide how you want to play.

EXTRA BITS:

Lot Traits:
If a lot comes with traits, you have to keep the EA traits that has been assigned. For any empty lot trait slot, you can either A) pick whatever trait you want, but what you pick is what you are stuck with, no changing after you pick it or B) leave it empty.

How to find the correct lot value for this challenge:

The lot price will change, depending on where and how you check it. So, for the sake of your sanity, my sanity and this challenge, this is how the lot value will be handled.

When you first move into a new lot, go into Bulid/Buy. And in the upper left corner, go into lot value. Make note of how much your current lot value is. This is what will be considered the current lot value and this will be what you can only increase, depending on starting value.

How to check how much your reno’s are worth:

After you have done you reno’s, upgrades, and decorating, come out of build/buy. You want the deprecated lot value. So go to live mode after your edits and play for a couple seconds, let the game catch up and then go back into build/buy and look at your current lot value. It can’t be increased anymore past the lots maxed allowed value (starting value plus reno budget), deprecated.

How to move household’s:

First, add up your current lots value and cash on hand. Do you have enough to purchase the new home? If no, you’ll have to stay where you are until you’ve got enough between the lot and cash to buy your next house. You do? Go ahead and save the game (you never know) and follow this steps:

If there is someone in the house you will be moving TO, evict them (not move out). Then, while still in manage world, choose your family, choose “move out household”. You might not have enough cash on hand for the house, but if your current lot value and your cash on hand is equal to the new home lot value, you can move in. Then choose the new house, even if it is outlined as if you can’t afford it. Choose sell old furniture and buy new home furnished. These two are important. Make sure you choose them correctly.

This challenge is still being play tested, so the rules may change as we go, but I've made it through one world so far and I don't foresee any major changes happening. :)
p8L4V6v.png