Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper Does Not Arrive

Title says it all. I shift-click-deleted the Grim Reaper when he would not leave again, although I wish I hadn't because he was going to use my Sims' hot tub, and now I'm curious what the speedo of Death looks like. Plus, now he doesn't come to collect the other Sims who die. They just float there, and none of my other Sims will do anything but cry, even if they're standing in urine puddles and near-death themselves. I've tried resetting the dead Sim, but that just brought her back.
Any suggestions?
Be safe.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Resetting a sim is okay, but no sims of any kind should ever be testingcheatsenabled shift-click deleted as if they are objects. What that does is delete their body, but their sim data is still in the game and that leads to game corruption if/when that sim is called upon again to do something. The Grim Reaper is no exception. If Grim is ever fully deleted (as by using a mod to get rid of him although typically I wouldn't recommend doing that either with Grimmy or if he meets some other fate), the game should spawn a new one as needed but in this case that cannot happen because he would still exist. It's the same with another special sim in the game, the ITF Time Traveler.

There is no way to fix that other than to revert to a prior save from before the unfortunate sim deletion happened, if you have such a prior save available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Thank you very much.
    Be safe.