Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favourite Sims 3 World?

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Twinbrook
    Twinbrook. I love the run down aesthetic and the ability to live/build on swampy lots.

Appaloosa Plains is probably my second fave.
    ~ ~ ~
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited May 2019
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Sunset Valley
    Evalen wrote: »
    you Forgot Riverview

If Riverview had been included I would have chosen it. :)
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    yesme88 wrote: »
    My favorite would be bridport. I just love the city atmosphere and the nightlife. The apartments too. My next are appaloosa, moonlight, starlight and Islam paradiso.

@yesme88 the nightlife in bridgeport is really nice :)

cwaddell wrote: »
    I voted for Sunset Valley because it has multiple lots that give the beautiful vista moodlet. Almost voted for Twinbrook.

I like most of these worlds mainly because I have no problem removing venues. clubs, hangouts, firestations, or any other lot I don't plan on using. Also I will customize the remaining lots to get what I want, using combo structures and freeing up some lots to add missing community lots.

@cwaddell I love Sunset Valley, too. I always like customizing worlds if I know I'm gonna be playing it for a long time. :)

bekkasan wrote: »
    I voted for Moonlight Falls as I love the houses and architecture they used in the town and it is such a pretty world. I love the glow in the town. Lots of lovely empty lots in it to add venues or houses of your own too. I started with SV and to me it was just a town, nothing special. Kinda reminded me of my home town which I was totally thrilled to leave! :lol: My second EP that hubby got me was Supernatural and I think I played all the rest of my saves in Moonlight Falls even though I was buying other EP's and adding store world to my game as well. I did finally play in each world.

@bekkasan I've never played Moonlight Falls much. Maybe I should try it again some time...
    you Forgot Riverview

@Evalen I am only counting expansion worlds in this poll and Riverview was a free downloadable world that you could get if you registered your sims 3 game, therefore I decided not to include it. Riverview is a nice world, though. :)
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Twinbrook. I love the run down aesthetic and the ability to live/build on swampy lots.

Appaloosa Plains is probably my second fave.

@3KNPen The run down aesthetic would be great for playing an apocolypse challenge!

@KatyFernlily I did look at this thread before making this poll. That thread isn't a poll and is for all worlds. I wanted to make a thread/poll so we could clearly see the favourite EA made expansion worlds. :)
    you Forgot Riverview

If Riverview had been included I would have chosen it. :)

@cwaddell Riverview is a great world but like I said above, it was not a world included in an expansion, therefore I did not include it. :)

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Twinbrook
    I’ve always loved the bayou area in Twinbrook, with its foggy swamps and all the willows and banyans. :love: TB is my ideal location for homeless challenges and it’s perfect for some of my darker supernaturals. It’s also my favorite place for inventor Sims and their steampunk homes.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Sunset Valley
    Sunset Valley is my base.
    I like that it is not too big and not too small, I know all lots (this is more comvenient for building, in Riverview I still get lost).
    I like the mix of mountain area, plain area, beach area. I like the mix of houses, and the mix of population (young / old, rich / poor, singles/families).
    I feel like many premades from other towns are sort of a version to the "original" families from SV, but anyway I wanted to say I like the storylines of the premade households.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Twinbrook
    I used to live in New Orleans and have spent most of my life around areas that look a lot like Twinbrook, so I'm definitely partial to it. It kinda looks like home to me. One of my longest running saves takes place there. I love the swampy area with its rundown, rustic vibe. I also think a lot of the homes are very nice and only need a few minor changes to be beautiful.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Bridgeport
    I love Bridgeport but I also love Twinbrook.
    Sunset Valley
    starguru wrote: »
    I’ve always loved the bayou area in Twinbrook, with its foggy swamps and all the willows and banyans. :love: TB is my ideal location for homeless challenges and it’s perfect for some of my darker supernaturals. It’s also my favorite place for inventor Sims and their steampunk homes.
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I used to live in New Orleans and have spent most of my life around areas that look a lot like Twinbrook, so I'm definitely partial to it. It kinda looks like home to me. One of my longest running saves takes place there. I love the swampy area with its rundown, rustic vibe. I also think a lot of the homes are very nice and only need a few minor changes to be beautiful.

I like Twinbrook very much too and it has a lot in the swamp that gives the highest "beautiful vista" bonus of any lot in an EA town, +50. Unfortunately it is the only lot in town that gives a beautiful vista bonus.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I know you couldn't include store worlds, but Monte Vista is the best sims 3 world hands down.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    @starguru The swamp/bayou area of Twinbrook seems very popular :)
    Sunset Valley is my base.
    I like that it is not too big and not too small, I know all lots (this is more comvenient for building, in Riverview I still get lost).
    I like the mix of mountain area, plain area, beach area. I like the mix of houses, and the mix of population (young / old, rich / poor, singles/families).
    I feel like many premades from other towns are sort of a version to the "original" families from SV, but anyway I wanted to say I like the storylines of the premade households.
    @Avatarit I like Sunset Valley too. I have some sims living there at the moment. I never get tired of it :)
    @GabbyGirlJ I also love the homes in Twinbrook. I like their style :)
    I love Bridgeport but I also love Twinbrook.
    @LaneBoy1995 Bridgeport is such a lovely town. I haven't played too much Twinbrook yet but I'm hoping to give it a go soon :)

I like Twinbrook very much too and it has a lot in the swamp that gives the highest "beautiful vista" bonus of any lot in an EA town, +50. Unfortunately it is the only lot in town that gives a beautiful vista bonus.

@cwaddell I didn't know that Twinbrook has a lot with the beautiful vista bonus. I'll have to look out for that when I get around to playing it :)
    I know you couldn't include store worlds, but Monte Vista is the best sims 3 world hands down.
    @Zeldaboy180 sadly I don't own Monte Vista, but it does look like a beautiful world. :)

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Isla Paradiso
    This one was tough. If this were the store worlds I would've easily had an answer three days ago when I first read this question. :lol:

I'd never though about my favorite strictly of the base and expansions. All of these worlds have things that I love and things I have an issue with, usually not enough space. So by that logic Moonlight Falls would've won it since I find I can usually cram what I need in there. But while I also love the supernaturals some of the asthetics could be better to me.

I'm a sucker for the beach town/city vibe with that bright blue, or blueish green type water. It's not a bad thing because it blends in perfectly but I'd forget that there's a beach in Moonlight Falls because it doesn't give off that vibe that automatically attracts me to it. That's where Sunset Valley, Starlight Shores, and Isla Paradiso stand out but I've had trouble fitting everything I want in them. So ultimately I just voted on which one I would love and play in the most if space wasn't an issue and Isla Paradiso won.

Bridgeport, I feel deserves an honorable mention. I hate that we didn't get more city worlds. If it wasn't for lack of space and the water color I'd play it way more.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    Sunset Valley
    FabBunny wrote: »

@cwaddell I didn't know that Twinbrook has a lot with the beautiful vista bonus. I'll have to look out for that when I get around to playing it :)

It's in the swamp - 568 Bayou Gulch Drive 40×40 Aerie Supply

Gives a +50 to a sim out in the yard or in a room with a window whose view is not blocked by any kind of fence.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Moonlight Falls - Townies are cool, places are nice and the atmosphere is awesome. I love how it's common for the air to be foggy and cloudy and the Sun rises later on these days.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Moonlight Falls

No, it really isn't, although I can see why the titles lead you to thinks they are. That is about favorite player-created, custom worlds that people have found and love to play in. This is about Expansion Pack worlds built by EA/Maxis - not even their store worlds (which have their own thread), but towns that are part and parcel of an EP.

Supernatural is the expansion that, watching my niece play over her shoulder one Christmas, sold me on The Sims, and Moonlight Falls is still my favorite town, in spite of that one tricky door at the school/stadium and the somewhat overcast weather. It includes some of my favorite pre-built houses, plus plenty of room for all of my custom lots (dive bar, comic shop, java hut, etc.) that I like to add.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Sunset Valley

I picked Sunset Valley mainly because it was the first town and the townies are so familiar. I know where spawner locations are, I know who lives where, but I do like some of the others. I haven't played in Isla Paridiso much at all but I do like it. After Sunset Valley, I have to go with Riverview.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Sunset Valley
    I love the EA version for building and using premandes to route test the build though not for playing live mode so much due to routing issues.My favorite versions for live play would be Gibsons and Sunset Valley2 where I've got a legacy and an apovalypse challenge in each one.Sunset Valley2 is my apcoalypse challenge and they're starting on the new year and it's 1526 now.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I remember playing TS3 and there only being one world without a name... But that was TS3 pets on console which is the most restricted sims game ever!!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    My favorite world isn't listed...Monte Vista. LOVE that one! My Sunset Valley is messed up...and I just am not a fan of the rest of them.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2019
    Isla Paradiso
    If Isla Paradiso wouldn't be so buggy it would be my favorite. I imagine Lucky Palms would take that spot if I'd bought the DLC.
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Moonlight falls reminds me of the type of place I would love to live, with forests and beautiful mountains and people, it's a place I would love to live in.
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Twinbrook
    I spent the weekend ( or some of it at least ) removing all the Showtime stuff from Starlight Shores, so that there are no stages, no proprietors, no nothing left. Now it actually runs beautifully and is a pleasure to play. I'll be using it a lot more often now!

I turned a couple of the venues into clubs, one into the ITF cafeteria with waiters, and the few others into hangouts. I like it much better now.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    I really love the forest in Moonlight Falls. Feels cozy and reminds me of my summers as a kid in the mountains. And I enjoy the supernaturals.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited May 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    I love the occult sims, so naturally I adore Moonlight Falls. It’s a really pretty town, their festival grounds are some of my favorites and I adore the idea of a haunted library for some reason.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Appaloosa Plains
    I voted for Appaloosa Plains but ultimately my favorite was Barnacle Bay <3o:)