The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Virtual Reality

CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
OMG how cool would it be if the sims was a virtual reality game. You put on your headset and become a sim. You walk around and physically interact with the sims world through a sims eyes. Just imagine it being like the first person camera mode in sims 4, but you actually have a virtual reality helmet and gloves and whatnot instead of a mouse and keyboard.

I think this could be a revolutionary idea. I'm not too sure how they would work build mode into this. But it would be something I would play for sure.

What do you think?
2ynjgg8.png
Post edited by Corenren on

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think I'm dizzy just thinking about it.

And poor since those VR headsets are so expensive.

No longer true. I bought a used Samsung Odyssey for $200. There are other affordable headsets, especially for Windows Mixed Reality.

Anyway, I don't wanna wait for TS5, though. I'd try VR now if it were available for this game. Don't see it happening any time soon, if ever. Not enough VR owners, so there's little incentive for them to do this.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I...think if you like it that's great. But I'll pass.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I totally would! Just make it easier than First Person Mode, that thing is so hard to control!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• mmackin001mmackin001 Posts: 33 Member
    I would totally enjoy this! I would hope that they could still make the sim creation/CC a strong aspect of the game, as that's one of my favorite parts!
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Absolutely no! Its expensive. And Im thinking worldwide not only USA. But a mobile vr version could be fine. Not The Sims 5!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not my cup of tea, so a no from me.
  • KlitriKlitri Posts: 5 New Member
    It already is. Try CTRL+Shift in game I heard it puts it in first person.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No way
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    As long as you get a ‘normal’ game out of it as well on PC :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I will pass on this
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I will also pass on this
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    VR stuff just makes me dizzy. I would have to pass on this.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would not buy it then.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    No, I would hate that
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I like sims as my virtual doll house. me seeing them from above.
    but a function where you can play them first person vr would be cool. but it had to be optional.

Also I dont really see good VR GAMES... So like a said, not as the main gameplay but as a feature it would be sweet
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    It wouldn't be the sims then. It would be second life. I don't like or use the first person camera in the game, I don't like it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    It would ruin the point of the sims for me. The Sims isn't supposed to be a first person game... and well, I already play a VR first person real life simulation every day anyway ;)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No thank you.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I have life, So why I Will play life? I play Sims for stories, for funn! No for play on life! Now I am in forest (Woods) with my dogs. How can be VR better as this? as Real life?!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I want nothing to do with this. I would end up with a headache just wearing them on my head. My son had one and when I watched it I had to hold on to the counter because I felt so off balance, then ended up sitting down which didn't help the fact I thought I would fall off the chair.

I will definitely pass on this!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    If they use VR, I hope it will be optional. I'm not planning on playing with a VR-headset as I like to see my surroundings while playing.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    When I was a kid, I wished for this as I thought it was cool. Now I see it becomes a reality and with the thought behind of this virtual reality: ONE GIANT BIG NOOOO! Leave the sims alone. I don't want to be a sim, i want to control sims. Thats what the game was ment for.

Im sad to admit, that I do believe this will be a form of reality one day, maybe even a start with the sims 5 in a way. We see how they connected the real world scenes in the sims game (on console or mobile?? Which one was it?) and then with the first person mode.. Its all preparation to me.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2019
    There are few things that would cause me to not even give TS5 a chance and VR is one of them. It doesn't make me dizzy or nauseous like some people experience, I just don't find it engaging and get bored very quickly.

If it's optional and enough people want it to justify spending the resources on it, I'm fine with that. I'm just not interested in it and won't play a game where I'm forced to play first-person Sims.

Plus, I'm not going to buy a VR device just to play one game that I know I'll get bored with soon anyways.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png