Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Game - Unplayable

Hi everyone,
I wanted to return to Sims 3 because of ...everything...
So I installed new game, all of the expansion packs, and a few mods which are necessary for my game.
But the games is so laggy that it is apsolutely unplayable.

These are my computer specifications -
Processor - Intel Core i7 CPU - 920@2.67Hz - 2.79GHz
RAM 8.0GB
Graphic Card AMD Radeon (TM) R7 250
OS Windows 10

Mods are
NRaas MasterController
NRaas Overwatch
NRaas StoryProgression
NRaas Traveler
NRaas Woohooer

So, I like to play in Island Paradiso, but it is impossible.
Gameplay is a little bit better in Sunset Valley. Worlds from WA are also laggy.

Please let me know your reccomendations for normal gameplay? I miss everything about Sims 3

Thanks

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Until you get the game running properly and without the lag, I would strongly suggest setting Isla Paradiso aside. The world "out of the box" is design-flawed to the point where almost no one can play it properly unless it's fixed up first. When you are ready to return to it, here are ways to make it more playable including a ready to play version as a saved game that already includes all of the fixes.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

I would suggest adding ErrorTrap, Register, and Traffic, possibly GoHere to your collection of NRaas mods. Here is our more complete set of tips to help improve game performance.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

Your graphics card is strong but a bit older now and not the strongest in the bunch. You may need to set the game's graphics settings in Game Options to medium or so for many of them, at least until things are stable again. If you have not already done so, you will also need to check on the frame rates you are getting in-game to make sure it is staying at or below the refresh rate of your monitor. Most are 60 Hz, so that would be 60 fps. Ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console, type fps on (enter). As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed fps rate should never wander above 60 (or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is). To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter). The issue here is that TS3 has no functional built-in fps limiter and uncapped frame rates can cause all kinds of graphics issues, screen tears, lag, crashes, and are really bad for the card's health. If the built-in Radeon controls aren't enough to keep things locked in, and they aren't for many of us, RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS) is a good alternative.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    Thank you,
    I will give up on Isla Paradiso...
    Also I will add rest of your mods, and hope to be ok