Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail: No shows?

Is there a bug with retail where no customers show up?
My sim runs a book shop and he's done advertisements but when he opens the shop not even 1 customer shows up. The employee shows up does his job then after he sends him home but still no customers and the shops been open for 2 days straight.

Comments

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Take all your mods out, test to see if the problem happens without any CC, something may be conflicting.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Take all your mods out, test to see if the problem happens without any CC, something may be conflicting.

I don't have mods but I did fix it by relocating the lot must of been a glitch. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Also, you need to have decorations(From Get to Work) for more customers to show up. If you have one decoration only a max of three customers will show up. You need a ton of decorations for a crowded retail store.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What about retail shops that are just shopping destinations for our sims? I downloaded some retails from the gallery but no one shows up. Not even npc's selling...
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Also, you need to have decorations(From Get to Work) for more customers to show up. If you have one decoration only a max of three customers will show up. You need a ton of decorations for a crowded retail store.

Thanks for the tip! It helps a lot
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    What about retail shops that are just shopping destinations for our sims? I downloaded some retails from the gallery but no one shows up. Not even npc's selling...

Make sure that lot is set to RETAIL. Also, you may need to buy it and set things for sale. Not every builder follows through with that. Then sell it back to the game and go shopping. Good luck.