Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keyboard And Mouse Support Coming Later Today To Consoles!!!!! (Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2019
    SimsayCD wrote: »

If you go into mouse settings in the game you can adjust mouse speed. By the way have you used the Sims 3 Camera?

I went into the mouse settings and adjusted the mouse speed which certainly helped with how fast it moves, but I still notice a lag. Is this just me?

Also yes I have used the Sims 3 camera and it works just like on PC. :smile:

Not just you, I noticed the lag as well. I also am having an issue where the Edge Scrolling feature isn't working with mouse and keyboard plugged in. Everything else works fine so far. @SimGuruGraham Edit: @SimGuruJoystick
    Post edited by Simstopics on
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Simstopics wrote: »

Not just you, I noticed the lag as well. I also am having an issue where the Edge Scrolling feature isn't working with mouse and keyboard plugged in. Everything else works fine so far. @SimGuruGraham

Good to know this isn't just me. Hopefully this wasn't intentional and they can fix this issue in the next update.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

If you go into mouse settings in the game you can adjust mouse speed. By the way have you used the Sims 3 Camera?

I went into the mouse settings and adjusted the mouse speed which certainly helped with how fast it moves, but I still notice a lag. Is this just me?

Not just you, I noticed the lag as well. I also am having an issue where the Edge Scrolling feature isn't working with mouse and keyboard plugged in. Everything else works fine so far. @SimGuruGraham

@SimGuruJoystick is the one you want to let know.
  • Options

@SimGuruJoystick is the one you want to let know.

Thanks, wasn't sure who was actually on the console team, I mostly just talked to Graham in the past with everything Sims :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

What in the world... they JUST released the patch, what are they talking about "they managed to reproduce it"? If they could reproduce it that easy, why wasn't it fixed to begin with? Different day, same mess
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Whoever built those new lots in the library is extremely talented 😊 , a cinema was just what I wanted thank you
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Whoever built those new lots in the library is extremely talented 😊 , a cinema was just what I wanted thank you

How many households were added?
    YorkiLad created most of those lots.

Chazzzy wrote: »

What in the world... they JUST released the patch, what are they talking about "they managed to reproduce it"? If they could reproduce it that easy, why wasn't it fixed to begin with? Different day, same mess

They probably didnt know about it till they saw the post then they checked and were able to reproduce it.
  • Options
    5 households including the pleasant family, newbie and grunt :-) , a blast from the past awesome loved playing the pleasant family on the sims 2 and hes extremely talented they must have taken hours @catloverplayer
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    5 households including the pleasant family, newbie and grunt :-) , a blast from the past awesome loved playing the pleasant family on the sims 2 and hes extremely talented they must have taken hours @catloverplayer

Awesome. I wonder if their the ones that maxis uploaded several weeks ago.
  • Options
    A think they are new from this update. A couple of days ago I added households from the library to populate my game. Theres a household for the lunar new year and the old woman from most of the trailers are there. The one that was in the police station on the get to work trailer @catloverplayer
  • Options

Thanks for mentioning them on Twitter and getting a response! I'm glad to see its not just in my head on it not working :D
  • Options
    SousChefSanjiSousChefSanji Posts: 3 New Member
    This update is a freakin' disaster. It was so laggy after Get Famous released, and they've ignored this and now it's almost unplayable in build mode. Took nearly 5 minutes to load into my lot on PS4, then placing anything in Build Mode (walls especially) were freezing my console for 2+ seconds.
  • Options
    Yep I've got the mouse lag too.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Hmmm.... I guess they can't account for everything but its still frustrating
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Mouse lag here as well and no edge scrolling, otherwise great so far.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Hmm I don’t get the buzz for this update. I mean it’s cute, but am i the only one that doesn’t happen to have a console compatible keyboard and mouse laying around lol? Plus I don’t play my console on a desk so... seems kinda effort to me?

What I don’t understand, is why they aren’t working on console exclusive features? Especially if they have a console team?

Like third person controls? Surely take advantage of the console controllers and what they offer, rather than resorting to adding mouse and keyboard compatibility?? Split screen 2 player? That was one of my favourite features on the old sims console games, playing alongside someone. It would also be great if different PS4 accounts could access the same save file, or at least you could copy a save file between accounts, literally no sharing features at all for console??
  • Options
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Hmm I don’t get the buzz for this update. I mean it’s cute, but am i the only one that doesn’t happen to have a console compatible keyboard and mouse laying around lol? Plus I don’t play my console on a desk so... seems kinda effort to me?

What I don’t understand, is why they aren’t working on console exclusive features? Especially if they have a console team?

Like third person controls? Surely take advantage of the console controllers and what they offer, rather than resorting to adding mouse and keyboard compatibility?? Split screen 2 player? That was one of my favourite features on the old sims console games, playing alongside someone. It would also be great if different PS4 accounts could access the same save file, or at least you could copy a save file between accounts, literally no sharing features at all for console??

They need to focus on the gallery next.
  • Options
    I find it interesting that I had mouse lag on my Xbox, but when I went to my boyfriend's last night to watch him play on his Xbox, he didn't have mouse lag. So I guess it's not affecting everyone.
  • Options
    I find it interesting that I had mouse lag on my Xbox, but when I went to my boyfriend's last night to watch him play on his Xbox, he didn't have mouse lag. So I guess it's not affecting everyone.

Do yall have different versions? One version is faster.
  • Options

Yes. I have an Xbox One S and he has the Xbox One X, so maybe that's why.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Y’all should swap >:)
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Y’all should swap >:)

Hahaha, I've thought about it! Nah, I play on PC anyway. :wink: I'm just concerned for other console players.
  • Options

This may or may not be a factor. It may also depend on the mouse and keyboard your using. Some are better then others.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I bought a BT keyboard and a BT mouse earlier today, and I'm quite impressed with the new update. Granted, I've only been in Build/Buy mode so far, but I'm thrilled to be able to tilt the camera like on PC.

I also answered my own question earlier in this thread. The keyboard does not require a dongle, but the mouse might depending on the model. Both work fine.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee