Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unending loading screen when returning to Town Edit

XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member

The Problem in Detail:
I solved this and I thought I might post here for those who are having this issue:
So my problem was that after building on a house, I would try to pull out into Town Edit so I could save it. Sometimes it would be fine, other times it would cause an unending loading screen that I would eventually have to simply restart my game. I finally narrowed it down to the instance when I would open up the item tab for mirrors. Several of the mirrors were not showing their thumbnails. It seemed that it started with the mirror named: (VDBM-880 Wall Mirror)and though it showed the name it wasn't letting me use that mirror on the lot. Other mirrors, though they had no numbnail, were working fine.

The Solution:
Very simply, I headed back to the sims 3 store and re-downloaded the VDBM-880 Wall Mirror and viola! It fixed the thumbnail and all the other mirror thumbnails that weren't working! I haven't had the crash issue since.

I hope this helps anyone who is having this issue. I'm sure this is one of many reasons as I have been through countless posts that did not solve my problem. It was only through constant saving and observation that I figured it out at all!! Also, it may not be the same item for others as it was for me. Just check for missing thumbnails in your item images in the build/buy mode. If you spot lots of missing images, scroll back up till you find the very first item that has no image and see if you can use it. If not, it may be corrupt and you can try re-downloading that particular item!

Happy Simming!
Ximph
My Studio
Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
My Youtube Let's Play Video!