Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"resetSim..." not working for unroutable animals/Nraas Overwatch in place

Not to be strange, but is this cheat effective for animals? I have the nraas Overwatch mod and it says it's re-routing them nightly.

Is there a different cheat for animals?

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If the animals keep getting stuck in the same places, then neither a cheat console reset nor the Overwatch cleanup will solve the issue. You might try turning off Overwatch's automatic reset of unroutable sims, so you can focus on them and find out where they're stuck. On City Hall, click NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset and set it to false. (Leave Stuck Check itself on so that Overwatch continues to check every night.)

In the stuck sim reports that Overwatch generates, right-click on the thumbnails to focus on the sims, or animals in this case. You should be able to figure out where they tend to get stuck—for example, baby animals can't navigate stairs—and remodel or reset the offending lots. You might need to use MasterController to flush offending objects, like action jigs, or to reset a lot that keeps causing issues.
  • RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    I'm interested in knowing more about using Master Controller to reset a lot; a dog, a Sim, and a horse on the same lot are all what are causing this problem.

I installed Master Controller, but I haven't tried it out yet...
    edited April 2019
    I've reset the lot, but still have to keep resetting the lot's occupants here and there. Everything is unlocked, and out of the way, but eventually they won't be able to interact and actions keep dropping from the que.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi there. On the lot tag or the ground of the lot, it should be NRaas > MC > Reset Lot. That will reset the lot itself and all sims (including animals) who live or are on it at the time and send them back to safe places -- off the screen in the case of homeless strays. But although worth trying, especially if the stuck sims are suffering or causing the game to stutter and lag as it keeps trying to reroute them out of their stuck positions, as said that might not fix the underlying problem with the lot if there is something that keeps getting in their way and may do so again the next time.

An MC Reset rebuilds the sims and lots from the information the game has on them at the time. It should never cause problems unless the sims are already totally damaged/corrupt for other reasons than just being stuck.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    So after going back to previously saved versions of the same world and household, the unroutable animals and sims are occurring after I customize the fur shape of the adopted dog...? Is this a known bug?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    So after going back to previously saved versions of the same world and household, the unroutable animals and sims are occurring after I customize the fur shape of the adopted dog...? Is this a known bug?
    That's an interesting observation, but not one I've ever heard of before. Since animals do not require spinning into different outfits in order to go someplace like human sims might, I'm afraid this sounds more like a coincidence.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited April 2019
    You would think, but I have learned not to customize the shape anymore. Each time, the unroutable animals and Sims occur. Oh well.
  • ZikitheturtlZikitheturtl Posts: 35 Member
    I honestly don't play pets that much