Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pop-ups Half Missing, Clubs Missing, School for kids counting as a Job? Help!

A few weeks ago I mentioned that half of my chance card pop-ups were missing. Like when a kid asks for advice or the school phones you should be able to click on one of 2-3 options. Usually they say something under them like "Raises Responsibility, Decreases Empathy" but that's not working anymore. I included a screenshot this time. I am now only given one choice 95% of the time and it doesn't say what it does. (Screenshot below).

I took the advice of everyone here and "repaired" my game but to no avail. The issue is still happening and now there are several more issues.

6z29sn.jpg

1) When I load the clubs tab to have a kid join a club it opens up a big blank white square but there are no clubs listed. It's just a blank pop up.

2) Some of my fav apartments no longer have furniture. They say "This apartment doesn't let you use their furniture" and come blank when I choose it. These apartments work no problem with furniture in other game saves in the past, this just started happening.

3) Kids and Teens are no longer enrolled in school. I have to click "Get a Job" for them and sign them up as if it were a career and if they want to join the afterschool activities like Drama or Scouts it says they can only do that if they quit their previous job of "Be a Grade School Student".

I repaired again but issues are still there.

This is happening without mods/CC. (It started when I was playing without them. I ended up installing a couple since but the issues are the same. I uninstalled them, still happening, so now I put them back in again. I only have a couple and they don't make any difference with these isssues.)

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    What level is the parenting skill of the sim getting that pop up? At a certain level you’ll see 2 options and what it affects and at the higher level you’ll get 3.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2019
    What level is the parenting skill of the sim getting that pop up? At a certain level you’ll see 2 options and what it affects and at the higher level you’ll get 3.

It's happening for work pop ups too not just school ones. Parenting level 10 and like 5% of the time I do see all three and what it effects. (Not all my families have parenting level 10. But several do. It started happening at the same time on all game saves across the board.)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have the same issue with the teenager question popups.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, you may want to post this on the Sims 4 AHQ

You may be able to get some help there if someone has had the same issue as all our technical issues and bug reports have moved to Answers HQ. I'm going to archive this now.