Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having issue with disappearing body parts, ect but having different problem with Sims studio wishes

TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
Hi so, I've looked to see if people are having the same issue, which they have, but I'm having a different problem with it. So, I fixed the problem with the missing body parts, but when I used Sims studio wishes for repairing the cc, now when I go into CAS ect, I can see the "missing" cc that's now has become unselectable, is there a way to fix this? I've been dealing with this for a really long time and I always get frustrated and throw my broken cc back in my mods folder, I know I shouldn't but it's been a problem, almost pet peeve at this point..

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    If you have missing body parts it can mean that you are missing the mesh that goes with that piece of CC. Batch fixes won't solve this issue. You can use Sims 4 Studio (the most recent version is Wishes 3.1.2.4) to look at your CC and identify which package files are broken. You can then use the filename to backtrack to the site where you originally download the CC and see if a mesh was required and download it. Or you can delete the broken CC.
  • TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    If you have missing body parts it can mean that you are missing the mesh that goes with that piece of CC. Batch fixes won't solve this issue. You can use Sims 4 Studio (the most recent version is Wishes 3.1.2.4) to look at your CC and identify which package files are broken. You can then use the filename to backtrack to the site where you originally download the CC and see if a mesh was required and download it. Or you can delete the broken CC.

I have all the meshes (I don't usually download recolors) I think that it's the fact the cc is so old that it needs to be fixed, I've done batch fixed and everytime it does* fix the cc but for some reason the game still sees the cc, apparent by the fact the game in CAS ect, still shows it, I just don't know why on a technical level, why I can't select said "missing" or not "seen" cc... It's just odd to me.. I hope you understand what I mean ☹️
    TayMeowCxx wrote: »

I have all the meshes (I don't usually download recolors) I think that it's the fact the cc is so old that it needs to be fixed, I've done batch fixed and everytime it does* fix the cc but for some reason the game still sees the cc, apparent by the fact the game in CAS ect, still shows it, I just don't know why on a technical level, why I can't select said "missing" or not "seen" cc... It's just odd to me.. I hope you understand what I mean ☹️

I'm afraid I don't. @rosemow can you help, please?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member

Hello
    It sounds like it is because your cc is old. As game patches come out, it can affect cc and cause it to be broken.
    edited March 2019
    I'm trying to fix that, when I've done the batch fixes on wishes numerous times my cc becomes unselectable or unuseable in CAS, meaning I can see it in CAS on my Sims but I can't find it in the cc tab (in the clothing category) I haven't don't a batched fix since seasons and I just end up putting the old cc back in my mods folder... I'm sorry guys I'm trying to explain it the best I can.. I'll probably just have to take pic of it tomorrow... Thanks guys
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It sounds like it is because your cc is old. As game patches come out, it can affect cc and cause it to be broken.

edited March 2019
    Just a quick thought, do you have any default genetics like skins or eyes or are you using Kijiko's eyelashes? When you run batch fixes with those items in your Mods folder it can throw things out of whack. Try removing them and then batch fixing. Then you can add those items back in.
    edited March 2019
    Oh girl I have lots of skins, eyes and kijikos eyelashes, I'll have to try that and let you know 😊
    Just a quick thought, do you have any default genetics like skins or eyes or are you using Kijiko's eyelashes? When you run batch fixes with those items in your Mods folder it can throw things out of whack. Try removing them and then batch fixing. Then you can add those items back in.

Wanted to say, the missing body parts have seemed to be fixed 😊 also, no problems with the unselectable cc, thank you!
    Post edited by TayMeowCxx on