Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Version Graphics

I'm just curious what graphics setting do you think the Sims 4 for console is set to? I feel it looks great but sometimes I feel I've seen pictures or videos where the game looks way better. :)

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Idk but I wish there was a way to make the text on the screen bigger! I feel like I have to sit super close to the screen to read it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I'm just curious what graphics setting do you think the Sims 4 for console is set to? I feel it looks great but sometimes I feel I've seen pictures or videos where the game looks way better. :)

Console has its own graphics setup. It’s supposedly PC Ultra, but it’s not exactly. All of their promotional pictures are taken with the PC game.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Idk but I wish there was a way to make the text on the screen bigger! I feel like I have to sit super close to the screen to read it.

Yes I hope that comes in a future update or something. The UI text needs to be resizable ^_^
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

Console has its own graphics setup. It’s supposedly PC Ultra, but it’s not exactly. All of their promotional pictures are taken with the PC game.

Thanks! Like I said it looks great but some parts look worse than others. Still highly enjoyable though :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The problem with console is distant objects look blurry eg Myshuno City unless you zoom out with the camera.
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This, so much this. Sometimes I have to get up and go to the tv to see what a notification says in the corner cause it’s too tiny
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I now own both versions of the game. The console version isn't quite Ultra settings on the PC, but they're really good. I'm very happy with it so far.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Yeah I definitely love the graphics I was just curious I guess hahaha. Really like them since Seasons changed the lighting (I think) and bloom effects got fixed ^^
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited March 2019
    Everything on base consoles is set to "high" even the shadow and lighting setting is but with a tweak that allows interior sun shadows. It's a tweak you can do on pc too through the graphicsrules file. AA is set to low on both ps4 and xbox one. Simquality is at "high" as well and no uncompressed sim textures on them or the pro and X, they just have sims at "very high"
    Nothing on the console versions is at ultra.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    Everything on base consoles is set to "high" even the shadow and lighting setting is but with a tweak that allows interior sun shadows. It's a tweak you can do on pc too through the graphicsrules file. AA is set to low on both ps4 and xbox one. Simquality is at "high" as well and no uncompressed sim textures on them or the pro and X, they just have sims at "very high"

SimGuruLegacy says the console versions of the Sims 4 are set to ultra across both the PS4 and Xbox One.

sikasika18 wrote: »

SimGuruLegacy says the console versions of the Sims 4 are set to ultra across both the PS4 and Xbox One.

Yes but they aren't though, close inspection through a comparison says otherwise and it is very easy to spot what the settings are. They are not ultra.
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    Well, I guess we console players have to take what we can get, and **though I wish things were equal across the platforms**, at least they’ve improved noticeably. It’s better than no improvements at all. 🙃
    edited March 2019
    xtianx wrote: »
    Well, I guess we console players have to take what we can get, and **though I wish things were equal across the platforms**, at least they’ve improved noticeably. It’s better than no improvements at all. 🙃

The console version looks great even if they aren't set anywhere near ultra cause that's what so great about the sims 4 art style. It looks great across all presets except low and it will age well too compared to past iterations.
    Post edited by sikasika18 on
    I definitely think the console version looks great. Its held my attention since I got it (especially after the virtual cursor update! ^ ^)

I also think TS2 holds up very well.
    I need to correct my earlier post. I bought a 4k TV this morning, and even though I have just the regular PS4 console the graphics are definitely Ultra settings in game. I was quite surprised how much of a difference the TV made. The only thing I can think of besides going from 1040p to 4k is that the new TV is HDR compatible. The console now recognizes it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I need to correct my earlier post. I bought a 4k TV this morning, and even though I have just the regular PS4 console the graphics are definitely Ultra settings in game. I was quite surprised how much of a difference the TV made. The only thing I can think of besides going from 1040p to 4k is that the new TV is HDR compatible. The console now recognizes it.

This. I did the same, changed a 4K HDR TV, and the graphics changed beyond my imagination.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    I don't have a HDR TV lol but it still looks great. I wish objects didn't disappear when the camera is up close. In Free Cam mode the objects don't disappear though so that is nice.
    Might have changed in sharpness and color/brightness but it didn't magically change the game settings. I have compared it to the pc version on the same pc 4k monitor and it isn't ultra at all. Everything is at "high" but edgesmoothing is on low and they also did a tweak to allow for interior sun shadows at the "high" setting and it's easily spotted when comparing shadow resolution. It is close to ultra but not quite there, still looks good though.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Has anyone actually got side by side pictures to compare? The console looks ultra to me when I’ve saw my niece play it on a pro. All be it on a 65 inch 4K tv. (All games look amazing on it)
    4k tv with HDR can make any game look better, it does wonders for clarity and sharpness/colours richness.
    Has anyone actually got side by side pictures to compare? The console looks ultra to me when I’ve saw my niece play it on a pro. All be it on a 65 inch 4K tv. (All games look amazing on it)

I don't but my understanding is that the Pro will run the game at 60fps, while the regular PS4 will only do 30fps.
    edited April 2019
    Ravager619 wrote: »

I don't but my understanding is that the Pro will run the game at 60fps, while the regular PS4 will only do 30fps.

True, both pro and X got a patch that allows for higher frame rate but due to the CPU they both use it can't hold a steady 60 but sitting that far from a tv you don't really notice it in a game like the sims. The base ps4 from what I've seen handles the game better because that one is set to normal vsync while the Xbox one is adaptive and has a lot of screen tears when it drops and that is quite annoying. The patch for the pro and X also upped the "sim quality" from the base consoles "high" to "very high", no uncompressed sim textures for either of them though and shadows still look to be at 1024 resolution and not 2048 like it is on pc ultra. Very nice with the framrate boost though and to me that's far more important then upped graphics. I wish they could downgrade the base xbox one version a tad to make it more stable.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited April 2019

I'm pretty sure they don't cause to my own eyes the quality of the sims don't match up on pc. They still look blurry and I trust my own eyes better than some article. EA claimed the console versions was gonna be ultra and they were not so I don't trust that article either. But despite the sims being a bit blurry I still think it looks good enough on a tv a certain distance away.

Edit: I might be wrong on that one in regards to the Xbox one x and pro but the graphics are not ultra still despite it possibly having uncompressed textures as the shadows still looks very low res and edgesmoothing is at low.
    I just think the skin on the sims themselves still look grainy, which they don't do on my pc at max settings so that's why I'm not sure.