Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

Comments

• ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I prefer it over the jungle.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    honestly, no and i love camping and stuff. its just a really boring place, there is almost nothing to do there except pick rocks and flowers.. which i can just do at home
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I pretend these are their vacation homes.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I like to use the tropical mod to spice things up a bit.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2019
    I love Granite Falls, reason why, because during winter time, i take my family up to experience snow in the anti winter worlds so they can experience snow and do some winter related activites without having to leave the home lot, Del So Valley does get snow, but they did such a crappy job with the snow layering there that snow sticks only on the lots and that is it.. Windingburg and Newcrest get the most snow, again the pet pack world they did a good jub with that world as snow covers everything except maybe the bay water inlet. I think Willow Creek also gets snow storms too and city living is another city that lack snow covered areas just because its mostly a concrete jungle, it never covers in of the roads, but does cover the festival lots, so that is really exciting. Also Strangervillie doesn't also get snow, well at least with part of its climate. It even looks more like a higher desert to me, however I havn't checked if the climate system can be changed with the weather machien, but I bet its looked even more than Oasis Springs because of the special story event there so no snow in the winter for Strangervillie and I live in a high desert and they won't include high desert in the game properly, yet they will give del sol valley snow, because it really does snow there at Hollywood every 4 to 6 years they always get snow on the mountain range North East and East of them, but every so often it will snow enough to get like a dusting of snow on the Hollywood Hill signs and maybe the foothills portion of LA may get snow to stick of a round 1-2 inches maybe, but thats about it.

Edit: Add a water bucket to the lot or if youcan place them in your sims inventory you can add one more fun thing to do in Grainate Falls, I added teh christmas tree and decoration box so you can change the decorations on the lot during your vacation, just put it in the cabin before you go on vacation and it will work. Anyways fartherwinter still visits your lot if you have a fire place he still came to Granite Falls.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    I swear I've only been there a few times but i dont have anything against it or anything. the world itself is beautiful and while there's not much to do besides fish i still think it's a valuable world to have. but next to selvadorada it's kind of a joke.
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    Very rarely. I think Granite Falls is beautiful, but I get bored too quickly when I send my sims there. If I do send them there, I'll typically only do it for a night because of the lack of things to do.
  • here4snackshere4snacks Posts: 54 Member
    For a while I didn't but found some great stone bath/hot springs lots on tumblr and now my granite falls is a hot spring/spa destination. I deliberately didn't add a spa to the main maps so if my sim wants to unwind now they have to take a holiday to granite falls hot springs.
    G6QEt5g.png
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I think of the jungle as a good vacation spot for adventurous youth, like teen - y/a, and Granite Falls being for family. I usually play families, so I LOVE Granite Falls Vacations :) My families go every summer :)
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I need to actually set up a honeymoon cabin but personally very rarely do I go, I don't like that I can't just straight up buy insect repellent and all without levelling the skill and catching the bugs to make it so they're always uncomfortable when it's meant to be a relaxing holiday sometimes. Really need a resort or vacation pack with relaxing activities, not half adventure.
    caitytrina.png
  • BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    I sometimes send couples there for a romantic break/honeymoon or families for bounding and skill building. I have sent child and teen sims who are in the scouts there for a weekend to help earn their badges (plus help make it feel more like real life scouts/guides).
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    I sometimes send couples there for a romantic break/honeymoon or families for bounding and skill building. I have sent child and teen sims who are in the scouts there for a weekend to help earn their badges (plus help make it feel more like real life scouts/guides).

Kids and teens can go by themselves?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    rarely reason need more vacation spots not only the jungle but tropical beach resorts sims cruises ect
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Teens can, kids can go with teens and older. If there isn't a teen in the family I send one of the parents.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Can you start club meetings on vacation lots? That would be a way to do a cub camp-out type meeting if you can.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    When my Sims need an adventure and to meet new Sims - I send them to the Jungle for a jungle adventure or just a few days getting better acquainted with the locals.

When my Sims has been getting a lot of tense, frazzled nerves I send them to a peaceful and quiet Camping week-end or week - after all that's what campings all about - being one with nature. It is not about adventure and partying - well not for adults really. It is a place where an author can think and finish their book. A place where a painter goes to see solitude and seek inspiration at the world around them. Camping to me has always been the escape of the maddening crowds and all the hub-bub that makes one forget to just be themselves and enjoy nature at its finest - without disruptions and noise of humans or having to deal with any-one elses thoughts and distractions but your own. Maybe even with your true love, as camping can be romantic and a good getaway for just a short weekend escape for just the two of you to reconnect.

Both very much has a place in my game for my Sims - I do wish we had another one or two places to vacation too for other situations - like a family vacation for fun in the sun and water and a Disneylike park.

A Honeymoon ocean cruise to some beautiful place - like Paris, or Venice, or beautiful Greece or so many beautiful places in this world.

I would love more Vacation worlds. Two is hardly enough at all. I can not imagine giving one of the two up. They need to be very different - which is why I prefer to keep them as they are and leave buildings we have in everyday worlds where they are and not put in these worlds. It keeps these worlds sort of how they were designed. I have considered making a few of the rental lots have special features - like maybe the sauna rental; or a family rental with fun and games - Ice cream and popcorn and movies on a big tv. Things like that could be fun without school or work to interrupt the family or couple weeks.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Can you start club meetings on vacation lots? That would be a way to do a cub camp-out type meeting if you can.

Heh. Last night while playing in Selvadorada on my base camp lot ( which is a park designation) I saw a cosplay club auto playing there.....they even went in to the tent as a group.

pLI2DxI.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    OMG that's hilarious. Maybe they were having a club vacation and just had to bring their costumes along as well.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Teens can as I have teens that have their own households and sometimes I send the household to the Camping Vacation just to give them a break from school and paint to make some money. I heard kid scouts can but have not tried it myself - as the one that said that also ran a good number of mods that may make that available via a mod - I don't know. Meant to ask and never did.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I sent my sims there for a holiday in winter cause of this thread :D
    I was so sick of winter and gloomy weather in the game as in real life we had the same weather and I hate it.
    But it's been so nice in real life for a while now and my sims have been living in Stragerville too, and even winter looks nice there. So it was a very nice experience. It looked amazing and I got a real winter feeling there. Luckily I put in the thermostat before going there. Another thing I had learned from people on the forums lol.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

I couldn't start a club gathering in granite falls :neutral:
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I do go there from time to time. I have added a spa and transformed the National Park to put a bar, a lake (well a pool made to ressemble à lake) and I put an ice rink for winter. On the location lots I also placed pools, games for the kids, card and lama tables, babyfoot for rainy days. Whatever the space of the lot permits me to add.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's more enjoyable if you set up your lot before you go. Even if I use one of the premade lots, I go in and edit it so that it has the items my Sims will need. I always add a 6x2 toilet building to the camping lot. (Now that I have JA, I could make due with the pee bush, I suppose, but having done a lot of camping in the Rockies, the ubiquitous outhouse is more realistic. And, at least the bear hanging around isn't going to eat you.) Toddlers will also need their little pots.

Sim books are apparently made of teflon, so you can add a bookcase to the camping lot without worrying about weather effects. (I suppose it could be struck by lightning, but I usually turn off thunderstorms when my Sims are living in a tent. They'll be okay in the tent (kids, do not try this at home - head for your car or the ranger station), but since thunderstorms in the game last all day and half the night, it gets rather boring to have them stuck in the tent. You can only read the Wilderness Digest so many times. (Not to mention that at some point, they will need to eat and use the toilet.) Did you know that they can talk to each other if two or more are 'relaxing' in a tent?

The fire pit also has some fun things to do. I never seem to be able to make storytelling work (except for ghost stories, which usually bring out ghosts). Plus, of course, the random chance that everything will go up in flames.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I go there with my outdoor loving sims to camp. I never use the cabins. I find it relaxing with one sim. I bring her yoga mat and do yoga in the woods, read by the fire, collect herbs to make herbal concoctions on the grill and look for rare insects to collect and take home.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I barely ever use Granite Falls for anything. I think I sent a family or two when it was new but found it rather dull not having anything to do but walk around and fish, so I usually just skip it. I'm not overly fond of the 'world' itself aesthetically or activity-wise, so I use the CAS items and usually forget about the world.

I only really ever use it when working on collections.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.