Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Granite who?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have Christmas cabins, summer cabins. I have my sim children and teens take the scout trip for the weekend so they work on their skills. I also have a spa, restaurant, etc.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yeah, once in a while. Usually when my Sims work too dang hard and ask for a vacation, or for just a change of scenery.
    Proud simmer
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    What exactly is there to do at Granite falls? My sims went there once but mostly they hung out in their rented house cause I didn't know what I was supposed to do and I was to lazy to google it. :D
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I normally forget about Granite falls :D
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    What exactly is there to do at Granite falls? My sims went there once but mostly they hung out in their rented house cause I didn't know what I was supposed to do and I was to lazy to google it. :D

Like most things in the Sims, there's nothing you have to do, only if you wanted to. Granite Falls, same thing. You can explore the world, find collectables, collect bugs, catch all the fish, find the hidden Hermit lot, or your sims can be lazy and just stay in their cabin all day.

Did you know there is a "go on vacation" option that you can choose as an activity when you create a holiday if you have Seasons? I haven't created this yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to encourage me to play destination lots more. I just downloaded a whole bunch of made over lots on the gallery for Granite Falls and want to put them to use.

I do not regret buying Granite Falls. It heavily reminds me of Three Lakes in the Sims 2. I was so excited to be reminded of this nostalgia that I had to have Granite Falls right away. That, and well....tents! Yay for tents! lol
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I haven't in a long time, but to be fair to Granite Falls, 1) I'm not that into the outdoors in RL and 2) there's just a lot of content in general that I don't get around to revisiting often. And I don't think it's necessarily cause I don't like it, it's just that other things are capturing my attention at the time. The only time I can remember consciously disliking a pack in a way that stuck in memory was trying to do Bowling Stuff and having trouble getting a game to finish or something along those lines.

I've noticed that at least for me, this game can have a weird problem on occasion where it feels boring even though there's a ton to do. I'm inclined to say it's this weird thing where if the sim(s) I'm playing don't have ready access to XYZ content, I may not find my way to it. I don't know if that says something about the game though, or if it's just that I tend to play similar types of sims who lead similar lives every time.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    If they had skylights(not just partial glass roof), more romantic interactions, and more cabinesque decorations it would be great. I really want a mountainous vacation world and a way to make a glass wall without cc.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2019
    ladybreid wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I have a spa in granite falls, and a pool, so yeah... I take my sims there from time to time.

I like that idea.

I have a community pool lot and a spa there too. If you place a restaurant, just be sure not to take up invitations to that particular restaurant when they call because you can get stuck there. (like you are on vacation)

ETA: as to the question, yes, I still take sims there for holidays. I revamped the National Park and they tend to stay there more than anything. (just rent an empty lot and the vacation is quite cheap!)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Like most things in the Sims, there's nothing you have to do, only if you wanted to. Granite Falls, same thing. You can explore the world, find collectables, collect bugs, catch all the fish, find the hidden Hermit lot, or your sims can be lazy and just stay in their cabin all day.

Did you know there is a "go on vacation" option that you can choose as an activity when you create a holiday if you have Seasons? I haven't created this yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to encourage me to play destination lots more. I just downloaded a whole bunch of made over lots on the gallery for Granite Falls and want to put them to use.

I do not regret buying Granite Falls. It heavily reminds me of Three Lakes in the Sims 2. I was so excited to be reminded of this nostalgia that I had to have Granite Falls right away. That, and well....tents! Yay for tents! lol

I think I'll have my sims go back when they have saved up enough and find out all the fun things there is to do.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have my Sims vacation there from time to time. I really like it better with Seasons added. I thought I planned the perfect 3-day vacation for my Sims family, only for them to arrive and it rain every single day. So they stayed in and bonded. I thought I might get bored but it was actually fun. I also added a nightclub and a restaurant, so they'd go out to eat, play in the rain and party at night.

In my 100 baby challenge save, my 2nd matriarch is an elder and will be dying soon. She has two teen daughters left in the house, and I'm thinking it would be a good idea to do some mother/daughter bonding and go hiking, do some fishing. It's currently Spring in the game, & they live in Brindleton, & I think it's rained basically daily in Brindleton. Hoping that Granite Falls in Spring isn't too rainy....but I'm looking forward to taking them there to vacation. Quality time with the fam, before my matriarch passes away.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Last time I took my sims there it rained the whole time. I often save the lots to place in Newcrest, and sometimes Brindleton Bay. I hvae the lots & the park fixed up with activities for all ages, and I like the ideas that some of the others posted about putting restaurants & other venues there, I may try that. But on the whole, I do prefer Selvadorada. I am all about the loot, after all, and you can find more of it there.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I try to take my family every few weekends just to get away and relax. I have a spa and restaurant there.
  • Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    I forget it's there lol.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I tried very hard to make Granite Falls more appealing to my sims. Besides a spa (pretty much the best place to go after a long, exhausting outing in the forest), I added a flirtiness-inducing love nest for honeymoons and romantic getaways (which is never occupied because I don't play romantically), a Christmas-themed cabin for desert dwellers to experience a white Christmas (but I've never visited that yet either), and a big rental home for family members living in different households to go on vacation together (which lost its appeal the moment I realised you can't control sims from other households even while temporarily living together). All of this sounds great in theory, but in reality, I only go there to collect insects for sims who are into herbalism. (And even that has become obsolete since I downloaded a mod that lets me spawn insects wherever I want.)

If only sims could live in Granite Falls permanently! It's such a beautiful world, but besides collecting bugs and catching some unique fish, there's pretty much nothing to do there that you can't do anywhere else. Sooner or later I'll try to find a mod that turns it into a home world and maybe move my honeymoon cabin to Selvadorada (a world that makes a lot more sense as a vacation destination).
  • BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    i still go there, because i like the hermit
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I do. I have revamped the area to create some kind of Center Park (that kind of holiday destination is quite famous in Germany: https://www.centerparcs.de/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpsLkBRDpARIsAKoYI8xar573wlHUsvO9oiyJtII2slhzcuTcxTDD1vJRAhuwzAw_BBdCDiAaApAHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds)

@keekee53 ; Make sure to set the National Park as a normal park, then it will be visited by other Sims.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I use it more as a regular world (I just keep extending the 'vacation', and of course, I build the house before my Sims go). It's fun to play for an off-the-grid story, as the OP mentioned, and it's beautiful and very peaceful.

I do occasionally take my Sims on vacation, but usually just for a couple of days to collect plants or insects. I'm not really into vacations for my Sims in general - they usually get in the way of the things I want them to accomplish, unless visiting the vacation world is required to accomplish something.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I got the pack from my sister for my birthday in October but I’ve only taken my sims camping once for one day!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I actually planted a money tree outside one of the cabins. Eventually I'd like to create a family that just lives there and pays for it via the money tree. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • mlmeadowsmlmeadows Posts: 13 New Member
    I definitely still vacation in Granite Falls! But I'm the type of person who loves camping, collecting insects and herbalism plants.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @mimeadows Me too! I finally collected all of the insects. Took forever, but it was fun. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    I travel with my sims there fairly often. I have of course customise all the lots and now there is an eco yoga retreat, a spa, and some nice cabins with everything a family might need.
    It is great for family gatherings and kids love it. I also sometimes spend the winter holidays there, it is gorgeous.
    I also play a lot of outdoorsy eco-friendly sims that enjoy the quiet times away from their homes. My eco yoga retreat is a hit!

pgD4Iy8.jpg

Here are some pictures of my sims enjoying the yoga and nature retreat:
    xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I haven’t brought my Sims there in quite a long time. I always make it a point to try and bring families, but honestly, I forget that it exists half the time.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I do. I have revamped the area to create some kind of Center Park (that kind of holiday destination is quite famous in Germany: https://www.centerparcs.de/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpsLkBRDpARIsAKoYI8xar573wlHUsvO9oiyJtII2slhzcuTcxTDD1vJRAhuwzAw_BBdCDiAaApAHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds)

@keekee53 ; Make sure to set the National Park as a normal park, then it will be visited by other Sims.

oooo Thank you!! I didn't know that. :) I am going to change it to a regular park now hehe.