Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

I’m trying to marry off one of my YA female Sims so she can move out of the family house but she doesn’t know anyone! She keeps meeting married men when out and about or random townies and I want her to meet the townies I want her to meet, but organically, it’s complicated lol

Anyway I decided to make it so she went on vacation and maybe she met one of them there. I sent her to Granite Falls for 3 days and had to leave early because we were both bored to tears! She just kept doing those nature walk hikes and playing horseshoes lol

Does anyone still vacation there? It’s been a while for me but maybe it’s more fun with a family or if you’re trying to complete that aspiration? Idk but I’m not seeing it for Outdoor Retreat these days unless I’m playing one of those “off the grid, they’ve shut off my utilities and now I have to use a bush” type of Sims.

Comments

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yeah I can understand why it felt boring with just the 1 sim. I do tend to use Granite Falls for camping holidays but usually with families, so they can spend time together and build up their skills. I do tend to remake the lots though and fill them with different group activities to give them something to do when they're not fishing or hiking. I don't go there very often, or stay particularly long there.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I still go there with my families. I added new lots that are more family friendly with activities for children and toddlers. I recently took one of my families there for a week in the summer for summer break.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I have a spa in granite falls, and a pool, so yeah... I take my sims there from time to time.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I do. I edit lots to give them easel's, chest tables, card tables, etc and then have them go fishing and spend the days telling ghost stories, grilled hotdogs or marshmellows on the camp fire, working on the GF aspiration (Outdoor enthusiast, I think it is).

I like having two vacation spots, and so different from each other. I've had Dad's and sons take fishing weekends to bond in GF. I've taken families to just get away from the grind of life.

I really wish we'd have more vacation spots.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I do. I edit lots to give them easel's, chest tables, card tables, etc and then have them go fishing and spend the days telling ghost stories, grilled hotdogs or marshmellows on the camp fire, working on the GF aspiration (Outdoor enthusiast, I think it is).

I like having two vacation spots, and so different from each other. I've had Dad's and sons take fishing weekends to bond in GF. I've taken families to just get away from the grind of life.

I really wish we'd have more vacation spots.

Yea me too. There’s a whole big screen for vacation spots and those 2 lonely icons there are killing me lol
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I send Sims there now and then -- if I have a Sim that's concentrating on gardening I'll send them to gather all the Herbalism plants for home, and with the portable sketch pad I send my artists once they hit the level to Paint from Reference to create unique artwork. Now that we have the laptops I'll probably have my writers do writing retreats.Seasons has made it a bit more tricky when to send Sims; Summer is the only season where everything is growing, and there's really nothing to do in Winter since it's too cold to fish.

Considering it was the first GP it's a cute little pack -- sometimes I like having a place for my Sims to get out of the rat race for a bit. I've fixed up a few of the cabins to add more options -- for example, in the "family" cabins I've added some of the entertainment options from GT like the Don't Wake The Llama table and foosball; I like to have my families play games to build relationships.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't since StrangerVille but I've been a bit preoccupied, but yes I took them there recently (last month) and regularly. I don't mind the quiet game-play when it comes down to that (fishing, collecting, socializing). I'm often telling my own stories there also.. and secluded quite spots are good for some things. My romance sims usually do quite well there for instance.
    You can always put in some community lots in the rental places to spice the place up if you like... make it so it suits your playstyle.
    egTcBMc.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I gave up on it for a while as it was really boring for me. But I recently realised (lol) that there is no need to have a bunch of rental properties so I reduced it to one cabin and one campsite. I've added in a bunch of community lots, so hopefully next time I send sims there it will be more interesting.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I have a spa in granite falls, and a pool, so yeah... I take my sims there from time to time.
    I gave up on it for a while as it was really boring for me. But I recently realised (lol) that there is no need to have a bunch of rental properties so I reduced it to one cabin and one campsite. I've added in a bunch of community lots, so hopefully next time I send sims there it will be more interesting.

That is a really great idea! Why did I never think of that? I'm gonna edit my GF to have a spa, restaurant, at least. Thanks for the idea! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I do. I've changed up the lots so that there's more for them do to there but I have lots of sims and especially young families that fit the "Camping in Granite Falls" mode more then sending them to SD or somewhere else mode. I like "growing up" the campsite my sims use while there depending on where they are in their lives or how many sims are going with them. At the end of the day you really only need one rental lot there for your own sims you'll get other sims wandering about regardless of if there are other rental properties or not.

That said I do hope we get more vacation spots to choose from eventually.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Lilpil_Lilpil_ Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I’m trying to marry off one of my YA female Sims so she can move out of the family house but she doesn’t know anyone! She keeps meeting married men when out and about or random townies and I want her to meet the townies I want her to meet, but organically, it’s complicated lol
    >
    > Anyway I decided to make it so she went on vacation and maybe she met one of them there. I sent her to Granite Falls for 3 days and had to leave early because we were both bored to tears! She just kept doing those nature walk hikes and playing horseshoes lol
    >
    > Does anyone still vacation there? It’s been a while for me but maybe it’s more fun with a family or if you’re trying to complete that aspiration? Idk but I’m not seeing it for Outdoor Retreat these days unless I’m playing one of those “off the grid, they’ve shut off my utilities and now I have to use a bush” type of Sims.

I completely agree. It's so so so boring, and I regret buying it. Crossing my fingers the sims will create a "Tropical Vacation" pack! Granite Falls is definitely dying...
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I do! My main sim couple really enjoy renting a cabin in Granite Falls for a few days every now and then when they have enough vacation days. They even chose to have their honeymoon there since they enjoyed their first visit so much, and they will probably take their daughter there soon. It's perfect for them since one is an outdoorsy type, while the other likes his home comforts but also peace and quiet. My outdoorsy sim is an aspiring Outdoor Enthusiast and also loves hiking and fishing for their supper, while my homebody sim likes to relax with a book or in the bath, do some yoga / mediation, or join his husband on a hike. They sometimes play horseshoes (which my homebody sim always smugly wins), sit round the campfire toasting marshmallows and telling stories, or stargaze together, and go inside to cuddle up to watch a movie at night. I really think Granite Falls is what you make it, but I do find it more fun with more than one sim. The scenery is really lovely and I love the little touches like how my homebody sim always starts swatting uncomfortably at the flies buzzing around him, bless him. You can of course also edit Granite Falls to your liking and add other venues like a spa or restaurant - whatever you find more interesting and fun to play. I hope we get more vacation worlds in the future for more variety though, such as a tropical world.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I do very seldom. I did revamp the lots to my needs though.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

I like that idea.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    I send Sims there now and then -- if I have a Sim that's concentrating on gardening I'll send them to gather all the Herbalism plants for home, and with the portable sketch pad I send my artists once they hit the level to Paint from Reference to create unique artwork. Now that we have the laptops I'll probably have my writers do writing retreats.Seasons has made it a bit more tricky when to send Sims; Summer is the only season where everything is growing, and there's really nothing to do in Winter since it's too cold to fish.

Considering it was the first GP it's a cute little pack -- sometimes I like having a place for my Sims to get out of the rat race for a bit. I've fixed up a few of the cabins to add more options -- for example, in the "family" cabins I've added some of the entertainment options from GT like the Don't Wake The Llama table and foosball; I like to have my families play games to build relationships.

@stilljustme2, you can still fish in winter; you just need the temp erature thermometer to have blue in it & not be completely empty.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Honestly, just camping gets boring quickly and I never finished the Outdoors aspiration with any sim.

But thanks to the gallery I re-design my Granite Falls regularly, sometimes all of the lots get replaced to suit the needs of just one family that I plan to send. The only lot I keep all year round is my Outdoors Bar (in the hopes of bar invites via cellphone sending my sims there for bear night).

For a long time Granite Falls was my Winter-on-demand world with the Winter Wonderland mod. I'm not sure if it still works, but First Snow still does (just run the batch fix for seating objects in Sims 4 studio) and it also covers Granite Falls.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think I've only had one vacation there and I didn't really know what there was to do.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Nope went there once and never went back :( it's sad really. But there is just no real reason to go back.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I dont go all the time and usually only stay for a day or two. I've redone or replaced all the lots other than the campground. I like my sim families to take summer and winter vacations and I tailor the holidays accordingly.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I do, now and again so it doesn't get stale. Nice to have it there as an option.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    I do, all the time. It's the only vacation place aimed at families. I found that with Seasons the world got even better because sims can have either a Summer lake trip or a Winter wonderland vacation. I like to take my sims camping and on fishing trips there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's only since seasons that I've really started playing properly. My sims will go there once they've saved up enough.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My Sims go all the time.
    It's perfect for a romantic getaway, especially if the Sims are, ah, "involved" with someone else. Sometimes I take a couple to Granite Falls to get away from the hustle and bustle of regular Sim life.
    It's also a great place for your vampire to go if they want to openly feed without ruining their relationships with people they know. And your vampire hasn't lived until they've bitten someone wearing a bear costume. I added an underground crypt with a coffin for my vampire vacationers.
    Plus, Granite Falls is beautiful. I love to see the paintings my Sims make of the scenery. Sometimes I take Sims there just so I can enjoy the ambiance.
    And all those plants and bugs and frogs and fish to collect! Not to mention the potions and salves you can make with a higher Herbalism skill.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I do but I added a spa, restaurant and changed up the park to add more activities like skating, a pool, horseshoes, hot tubs, chess, BBQ area, computers inside and few other games in case the weather is bad.

Here is my thing about the destinations...

When my sims go to the parks there are literally no other sims there but mine. What is the deal with that?? I kept my park in JA labeled as the museum just so more sims show up and hang out. They stay for a bit and even use the other items like swimming and horseshoes and such.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I still often visit Granite Falls with my Sims. I like the landscape, especially in Winter <3.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋