Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trash and Umbrella Problems?

ยซ1
_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
My sims simply won't just throw away trash without empyting all other bins in the house afterwards.

Umbrellas. Sims won't take them down when inside and will even put them up when it starts raining when they are inside.
She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    No, not what i experience. Sorry to hear.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Alexander Goth also almost always puts up his umbrella when climbing the stairs to his room (second floor to third).
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Did you edit the house in anyway? Sound that you have a rooftile missing. The game thinks this is a open air lot and therefor a umbrella is needed when it rains outside.
    edited March 2019
    I edited the staircase. I removed the wall and added a railing. I'll check the ceilings next time I play.

Edit: There is a ceiling and a roof. Alexander only uses the umbrella while climbing the stairs, you'd think that if there was no ceiling or roof he'd use the umbrella in the room, too.
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Hmm, strange. What i did notice with the umbrella is when you're outside and you move you're sim up a slope that the sim closes it and reopens it up the slope. But inside? Sorry have no other clue. Have you tried to remove the umbrella from him?
    Yes, but I always forget to give it back to him when he needs it ๐Ÿ˜‚
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Whahaha poor Alexander. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    im having the trash glitch, and also the glitch where i enact sleep for my sims and they immediately get into bed then crawl out due to cancelled actions. it will NOT stop happening and it's rendered the game useless unless in build mode. i also have the laundry glitch where even when i wash or dry the laundry, it's still dirty. so i wash it again, and its clean, then i dry it and the dryer breaks. and makes them dirty all over again. leaf piles wont get taken to the trash, they get left on the property. oh and also the get famous drones, they won't transfer over video thats been recorded, to the media station for editing. i have more. but thats the gist.

WHERE ARE THE GURU'S?! This is getting out of hand.
    On the official bugs, glitches and complaints forums? ๐Ÿคฃ
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    edited March 2019
    @_natalie posted there a while ago. to which im still posting about it now because nothings been done. so...

everythings been moved to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 but i havent had any answers.
    @Paigec945 You do know that link directs to the PC Technical Issues page?
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Don't bother posting on the answers forum. You see the same topic posted three to four times (at the minimum) with things not fixed from months and months ago, or things returning from before.

Cat's problem might be related to using the keyboard/mouse itself, however, it may be that I have just not yet experienced yet.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Iโ€™m having this issue:

But had this before the patch too. Only think Iโ€™ve noticed post patch is a wired mouse no longer works.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Iโ€™m having this issue:

But had this before the patch too. Only think Iโ€™ve noticed post patch is a wired mouse no longer works.

Yes that's what I"m expeirincing. The green circle.
    I've had the green circle issue since release.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    My sims won't empty the potty, that's the only trash like related issue I've had.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When Sims just stop doing anything, as though they're waiting to be told what to do, the green circle is mostly what can be done to get them to resume. Sometimes it takes a few goes. For example, when a Sim is giving another a massage and after they start, they just stand there with their hands raised for a bit.
    2quwd7.gif

I think of it as a mini-loading screen that's been there since before the beginning of Sims 4's release.
    The lag issue is back.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    The lag issue is back.

I didn't know they were attempting to fix it.
    @RionAgrias It was apparently dealt with in that hot fix only a few days ago. I was able to play one full gaming session (around 4 hours) without any issues and then the next day the lag issue had returned.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    @_natalie yes, i did know that it linked to the tech support page. HOWEVER, that was well over a month ago and sadly noone has helped. my issue still remains. i got frustrated and made a new sim. everything with the new sim is fine. so i gave up on the buggy sim i was having issues with. i pay enough, im gonna figure something out to play the d**n game. anytime i post on either here or the help forums, i get a ton of attitude like idk what im doing. i work in coding, thats simply not the case. i stopped coming to other users for help due to discouragement.
    edited May 2019
    i appreciate everyone who had helped me on this specific site. those of you who have tried, have succeeded with the advice youve given and i thank you.
    Post edited by Paigec945 on
    Also, the 'your sim cannot leave when vampire breaking in' happening again.

@Paigec945 I never meant to discourage you, I just wanted to make sure you knew. It's no good telling people to report the problem and then send them to the wrong report page. Remember your problems with The Sims are most likely ours, too. How can you expect us, as players, to have have the answers? Sure we can suggest work arounds but if something in the game is broken its up to the game devs to fix it.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง