Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't know if I should or not...

So I have a pretty small youtube channel (73 subs). And I mainly use it for my amateur voice acting stuff. (I cleaned out my channel and all that is there now is my old demo reel). But one of my best friend has started playing TS4 on her youtube channel as well as stream on twitch. And I just got a new microphone (Blue Yeti) and I am really itching to try my hand at a let's play. Though I am nervous on doing it for several reasons, I am a super shy person and I feel as if I won't be any good. Should I at least try my hand at one let's play for now? I am thinking of doing my take on a 100 baby challenge BUT with my own twist (I know I don't know if I would call it a real challenge when I have the MCCC mod that I can have over 25 people in a house, and my sim's lifespan is in the 1,000 range.) My question is...would anyone be remotely interested? ...

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    Why not! There are tons of people doing just that on YouTube as we type.

For your own enjoyment, sure!

If you really want to get your views up and care about that sort of thing then my advice would be to do something on your channel/videos that stands out from everyone else. Idk what that would be but uniqueness (and advertising *cough cough*) are how people are successful on YouTube these days across all video types.

Just my opinion.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    If you want to do it you should. Anyway you don't play live (on youtube at least), so if you don't like the video you can still not post it.

I'd like to try making TS4 videos myself, in english even though it's not my first language. I don't know how to do it- or even if I can- though since I don't have any recording devices, just my macbook and its built in micro. So I don't know if it would be any good.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    You got your mic for a reason, no? :) Go ahead, being introvert or shy has little to do with making ts4 vids. You won't need to meet others face to face, you can take your time to deal with any comments, you can still not upload a vid if you don't like it. Besides, if you want to become less shy, this might be a good way to practice :)

I make Machinima and not Let's play, so I have not watched many of those vids either, but anyway make sure you have fun and it will be worth it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    Absolutely! And I like your unique twist on the 100 Baby's challenge, you can just say you're modifying it a bit and allowing certain mods. I have my channel because I enjoy the sims and I have fun making the videos after playing. I'm super shy so I was a little worried too but I think the fact I'm doing it for my own enjoyment made it a lot easier.
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    Yes! Just try. That's how we realise if we like something or not. Do it, edit it, listen to it, watch it, and see if you like how it feels. Most importantly, enjoy it!
  • miandallasmiandallas Posts: 22 Member
    There's a place for everyone, that's what I do like about the Sims Youtube community! Definitely do it!
  • Pcom77Pcom77 Posts: 34 Member
    I think you should do whatever your heart and mind feels is best for you! If people choose not to embrace it, it shouldn't matter, as long as you feel good about what you did and are happy :)
  • ItsYukiMeItsYukiMe Posts: 71 Member
    You should definitely give it a shot! Wishing you luck :)
  • DionyzuzDionyzuz Posts: 17 Member
    You can always pre record the videos just for your self and just to try, later one you can decide if you wanna do live streams. the good thing about this platforms is that you have the upmost control and how you present your self and how the content upload, so maybe you dint have to specifically do what others do and find your own method and perhaps even niche audience
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited July 2019
    Everyone's got to start somewhere, if you think you can do it and if you want to do it...then, well, go ahead!
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Do it! I think I am going to try too. Up until a couple of months ago I didn't even know people played sims on YT. I love the Sims so I have to do it even if no one watches but me lol. Let me know if you do it so we can support each other.
    VbXPSzu.png