Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game not working ever, because of Origin

I had trouble loading game from start. After spending endless time calling origin support , seeing ridiculous and unreasonable massages about origin, finally started working. But it didn't lasted more than couple months. Forgive me, but I didn't pay those money for game and expansions just so I should spend all my time figuring out why origin doesn't work each time around, when I want to play. I'm not playing or buying anymore any games related to origin either.

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Do you get any notification that would tell any reason why u cant open the game? Is it only origin or the sims you have troubles? can u play other games on origin if u have other games?
    what sims game is not working? sims 2, 3 or 4?
    Any reason what make it work couple month ago? have you updated origin, try to repair the game or remove possibly mods u may have?
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • jojas24jojas24 Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought the game a few days ago and still have not been able to play. I'm constantly having to sign in, the messages you talk about are extremely annoying and intrusive, sending me into loops with no end, and the game never launches. I'm so sick of these companies requiring online play...oh for the old days when you bought a program and it actually installed and played with very few glitches...
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    @jojas24 U don't need to play online. U need internet only to download game and updates but u can still play the game whit no internet connection after u have downloaded it.
    If u need always sign up again u can turn on and option in origin that origin doesn't sign u out if u close that client
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2019
    You might check your profile on Origin and see if everything is ok. I had a problem there once. Your OS might be updating (I got the latest large update that needed a restart today) or virus checker might be the problem. Get all the updates. You have to sign into Origin every time with Windows 10 as it closes Origin every shutdown. I always rightclick on the game panel and check for updates every time I start Sims 4. It's easier.
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2019
    Ok, seems it was wifi, after I connected to wire for internet everything went smoothly for me. Origin asked me to update, I was able to buy 2 bundles without any billing errors/happened to me last time when I was trying to buy. Had to find it separately to download them and reload computer couple times before new things showed up in game, but so far works smoothly, I'm really enjoying it. Love this game :smiley: hope it doesn't stop tomorrow, if new update on origin shows up.. Thanks for your responses. Buy the way it wouldn't let me open game before at all. As said jojas_ asking to sign in, then saying errors ,everything was in loops. Not reasonable help support or links to contact, when finally found something first line to fill was ID, which wasn't understandable what they exactly wanted there?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Lihtaruk Happy that it worked out in the end and that you are enjoying it. Look out for the sale that is going on until the 20th March if you want to add any packs.

Businesses are getting super suspicious about signing ins, even on Amazon I have to enter my id again, after signing on, if I want to go into my account and my online shop keeps giving my endless spot the car, traffic lights again and again! (There was an Origin update last week 7th March, trying to sort out these problems according to simsvip.com)
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    It's great you found a solution! In future this kind of thing should really be posted on Sims 4 AHQ

Considering you solved your issue I'm going to close this and move it to the archive.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top