Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something That Needs to Change

So I was playing around with the family portrait, saw create and was curious only to be forced to add another Sim when I was not ready. I was trying to hold off. There should really be a cancel button.

Comments

• HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    Couldn't you have just closed the game before you saved the new sim? Maybe used the back button on your mobile device? I'm sure that the reason why the cancel button isn't there is because the devs just assumed people would do this, or maybe not. I don't think that you were "forced" though.
  • A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    Heronyx wrote: »
    Couldn't you have just closed the game before you saved the new sim? Maybe used the back button on your mobile device? I'm sure that the reason why the cancel button isn't there is because the devs just assumed people would do this, or maybe not. I don't think that you were "forced" though.

Maybe I shoulda went into detail. But yes, I did close and restart the app and it brought me right back to CAS. There is no back or cancel button. So yes I was forced to create another sim.
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    There isn’t a “cancel” button or an “are you sure?” button on a lot of stuff in the game.
    They only recently made changes to the retirement, so now we have annoying cake icon floating over our sims 24-7 but at least it reduces accidental retirement.
    Since this is unlikely to be addressed in a timely fashion (if ever), my advice is...
    1. Assume everything you tap on is final.
    2. Be careful/pay attention to where you tap.
    3. If you make mistake, try the airplane mode trick; set your device to airplane mode before you force close and restart. Results may vary.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I've had this issue as well, but CAS kept crashing the app on my phone so I had to uninstall the game and haven't picked it back up. I think that the crashing issue was because I had no memory left on my phone, though. But yeah it's annoying.