Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SPOILERS] So technically, in StrangerVille they did introduce a new...

...emotion. It's the Possessed one your sim gets if they inhale the spores or eat the fruit. Almost 5 years and we get the first new emotion through a GP. Who'd have thought? :D

Oh, and I also haven't finished the whole story yet so spoiler tags plz
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nah, it is just renaming the dazed emotion. At least from what I predicting.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Now they should add the highly demanded Fear emotions
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's actually the sleep 'emotion', since your sim itself is not in control at the time, they're sleeping. just...up and mobile and up to odd things while doing so
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Oh wow I didn't know how much I wanted that until now. Maybe they could throw it in with a Supernatural expansion pack or something.

(they probably won't, but I can dream)

But anyway, it would be cool if
    possessed sims were able to do anything other than talk to plants and other possessed sims. Like, maybe offer up the weird fruit as a "gift" to normal sims or something. Or maybe they could have temporarily been given abilities, I don't know. But still, making my sim eat the fruit was funny... up until she snapped out of it and I had to walk her back from all the way across the neighborhood because she wandered off, lmao. And it got less funny when I realized there were no "long-term" consequences from eating the fruit or new interactions you could use on other sims like, "hey Bob, I ate this weird fruit the other day and... I don't recommend it."
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Yeah, I was hoping they'd patch in a Fear emotion at some point, but I guess it's a bit too late for that at this point :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    @gemjas there's actually more to the infected than that. they get interactions at the end of the story that others don't, though they also can't do the thing most others do to finish the story off

supposedly, if they've got fruit in their inventory they can offer it to other sims on their own, though i haven't seen that happen. and they're said to be able to plant the plants anywhere they want, too, even without fruit in the inventory
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Not dazed. It's the sleeping emotion.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

@Sigzy05 Off topic, but just noticed your signature, and it's very pretty.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Something that annoys me about this is that because it's an emotion, if you leave an infected sim alone on a lot while other sims in the household do other things they stop being possessed, because that's what happens with all emotions when you do that. Wish an exception could be made for this emotion.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

the possession only lasts 3 hours at a time when it kicks in on its own. most frequently starting at 1 am. others have reported possessions of their played infected sims at other times. and when they're not possessed, they can do all the things other sims can. because most of them likely don't even know they are infected
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member

This is why emotions are a bad idea. They'll never be able to capture the SCOPE of human sentience with one emotion at a time and a limited amount of emotions. I think moodlets worked just fine in The Sims 3. They should've overhauled them and add more interactions and behaviors for certain moodlets as well as animations.

FearTrimalynn.png
    Fear

Scared.png
    Scared

Horrified.png
    Horrified

Terrified%21.png
    Terrified

All of them have different effects, from the Sim fleeing at the sight of his or her enemy, to Sims peeing themselves, to spontaneous crying, to refusing to explore a tomb or disarm a trap, etc.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited March 2019
    Naus wrote: »

This is why emotions are a bad idea. They'll never be able to capture the SCOPE of human sentience with one emotion at a time and a limited amount of emotions. I think moodlets worked just fine in The Sims 3. They should've overhauled them and add more interactions and behaviors for certain moodlets as well as animations.

FearTrimalynn.png
    Fear

Scared.png
    Scared

Horrified.png
    Horrified

Terrified%21.png
    Terrified

All of them have different effects, from the Sim fleeing at the sight of his or her enemy, to Sims peeing themselves, to spontaneous crying, to refusing to explore a tomb or disarm a trap, etc.

Yeah moodlet was fine back in sims 3, I remember my sims turned off tv and get up from sofa suddenly after swtiching to horror channel and he had one of those moodlets, he was scared lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

@Sigzy05 Off topic, but just noticed your signature, and it's very pretty.

Thank you!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I just wanna say that it looks like sleeping emotion

(sorry for talking on old thread)
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!