Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown (Sims 2) to Strangerville (Spoilers within)

HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
I was wondering if anyone else is converting Strangetown (Sims 2) sims to live in Strangeville. I'm kind of obsessed with it right now and if you are I'd love to see your pictures of builds, storylines, and pictures. I'm going to label this a spoiler thread because it may show different levels of the storyline in it.
I may use it as a photo dump but would love to see if others are doing this in any form.
egTcBMc.png
Post edited by Hermitgirl on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Here's the houses in Shady Acres so far. It was "love day" I didn't build any of these lots but had them for awhile in Oasis Springs so I can't remember the builders names.

The Grunt House and the Curious house. I'm playing the Grunts the most, but have played them all some.
    2wn0mkl.jpg

The Curious and Beaker houses.
    ezp7o.png

The Specters (although my time line is off) and The Smiths.
    1zl3zwn.jpg

Anyway to me they look great and I feel like they are home. I'm having such fun when I go in and play with them.
    I might upgrade and redo the houses if I have time but it's so full of nostalgia for me... and frankly with the careers they can have and engage in when I go to play them. I'm really getting connected to my sims, be they good or bad.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    My overall story has Buzz at the forefront for now .. mostly because I wanted to try out the military career. The Specters are put on hold because I really want a Witch pack to tell that story but the rest I can more easily play now. I've been playing the Curious Brothers pretty often. They are all Scientists and I'm not sure but they will probably help Buzz defeat the Mother eventually. The Beakers are of course the bad guys and I'm thinking later Loki will resurrect the Mother and then use her gifts for his own nefarious plans. He may also experiment on possessed townfolk.
    The Smiths I'm waiting on a little more so I'll get to the meat of the story but will play them in rotation. Right now Pollination Tech 9 is an adult and he and Jenny still need to have their children. I really don't have the Specters in the Specter home right now. It's the Muendas living there and Olive and Willow are teens because I want to progress that story separately but need some things to do it :). I am well aware my time line is way off but I play with aging off and anything is possible here in Strangeville. I'm going to house all of Olives hubbies to be and the Singles girls in town below... They will be piled onto each other in 3 homes lol... but since they are secondary characters for me I'm okay with that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Beginnings of the Grunt story... edited to keep with the forums limits :) My mind goes to places best not described in polite company.

Buzz and Lyla moved to Strangeville when he was stationed there. That things were odd in this town became evident very quickly although they still felt it was a nice little place. Lyla got friendly with the locals while Buzz was busy training and going to work.
    snjpyp.jpg
    21b2oes.jpg
    24wao9g.jpg

The situation hit home when he saw she was suddenly like "them". His wife! They got his wife! Buzz tried everything to snap her out of it. Trying to talk to her, giving her medicine, heck he even tried.. well nevermind.. and she's pregnant now. The local hospital wasn't much help either.. Can't find anything wrong with her they said. Buzz started digging around and this burg had many secrets... He "bugged" his wife and others. He had to live with his pregnant wife having attacks in the meantime.
    205ujno.jpg
    2u7ywqp.jpg
    2mnhu3d.jpg

He wasn't making much headway in the investigation when his son Tank was born.. He'd do anything to protect this child. Lyla's attacks continued now and then and since Buzz was trying to help with the baby and work he had to stay closer to home for awhile. He finally got a babysitter to come when he was away at work because Lyla was basically useless as a mother... However she did manage to get pregnant again. Really Buzz you really should control yourself. On the bright side they obtained new housing and it was farther away from others and the more congested burg below.
    28ura1e.jpg
    14iczv6.jpg
    206h3l3.jpg

One day he found his wife feeding Tank that strange fruit and all heck broke loose!
    net3bq.jpg
    2v1swfq.jpg
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited February 2019
    I kind of did a similar thing! But I decided to start my story with Buzz and Lyla as teens!

I made a blog about my progress. I have finished the story but am putting together the actual blog now. Here is the preface!

https://rjhennsims.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/welcome-to-strangerville-preface/

I love that they finally added the military career so we can have a proper Grunt family!

Oh! And for where I am going with the story...Lyla gets possessed in mine too... and Buzz eventually saves her and the town. He confesses his love to her (it was a secret)... and they end up together.

But seeing Lyla possessed and going through what he did, he becomes very xenophobic toward Aliens and occult’s... becoming like his TS2, and TS2 PSP self. This will eventually drive him and Lyla apart as she feels he’s become too obsessive.

Lastly, I think that was my Grunt House build! Either that or a VERY similar build, which is possible! It’s titled “Fort Grunt” on the gallery, under my same userID!

Anyways, cheers!! And love that someone else had a similar idea as me!! Love the story so far, enjoy!
  • Options
    Love the preface @rhenn14 be sure to come tell more as you update :).

I thought it had to start with Buzz definitely. My timeline is all off for this town but I'm not worried because in this world anti-aging and ways to extend life can be the norm.. I may ignore some of the canon too depending ..

I have some heavy marital discord going on in this family, and big flaws/craziness on both sides. They still love each other in their own ways though. I can't print all that has happened .. I've never told a picture story so I'm not good with it .. but I had to share part of my fun and hope others will share theirs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2019
    I need to familiarize myself with the Strangetown characters/story. I never played that world in Sims 2.

The Grunt family is now on the Gallery for anyone interested.

• Options
    This is great @simgirl1010 I have my own families and starting in different time lines but it's so wonderful that @SimGuruMorgan did that. I hope they do more of them!

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Oh sweet, I was hoping they'd be added! But @Hermitgirl, I love your Buzz and Lyla, looking forward to seeing more :)
  • Options
    Buzz was at a loss. His world was upside down. He had a newborn son, and unstable wife with God-knows-what wrong with her and a toddler needing attention. He sat in the evening air and watched the funny spores floating in the night air. Taking a deep breath he willed down the panic that had been brewing beneath the surface and suddenly felt calmer, much calmer. It really was very beautiful here.. serene even. The wolves howled nearby in the canyon and his mouth started to twitch.
    14iexiw.png

Meanwhile in the house...
    2yphnvm.png

When Buzz came to he looked around. Baby Ripp was screaming, and Tank was crying nearby. The baby was filthy! Lyla was no where to be found, of course.
    zn9936.png

He took care of his boys and set things in order. "This can't go on", he thought. "I think it's happening to me too.."
    He called the nanny. He'd have to have round the clock care for the children, there was just no getting around it. Shameful to have a wife that can't do her job. He had to find his wife.. He had to .. solve this, make it right somehow..
    Think, think! ..There were some scientists living nearby. Buzz had never had much use for guys like that but he knew it took all kinds to move the world and.. well... he needed some help.

"The Curious Brothers...", what a laugh Buzz thought as he moved up to the walk. "Curious-Scientists." Man, he was glad he didn't have a name that was so eye-rollingly obvious.
    211l36h.png

-I feel like I have to say I do play in stereotypes often. It doesn't mean I believe or condone stuff. It just amuses me. It would be actually interesting to tell the story from Lyla's point of view but I haven't been taking pictures to show that. Her take would be really different of course.-
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Thanks for saying that @Simpatsyann and @simgirl1010 ... Come join us in the darkside! Okay heck, you can clean up your town and play it pretty too and nice too ... :p
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'm not doing a Strangetown playthrough, but I love yours! Especially the scene with little Tank and the fruit, omg, Buzz must have been ice cold from shock and red-hot angry at the same time :o Good stuff :)

*bookmarking this for later reading, as I'm not through with the story myself*
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'll be reading along as you go too!
  • Options
    Aww thanks you two @EnkiSchmidt and @fullspiral. Now I feel pressure. I don't usually do this. I just post a picture here and there and keep the stories in my head .. but I'm having so much fun in the game right now that I had to share some of it or burst. It's still my hope that others that loved Strangetown will tell what's going on in their games here. This pack is really fun and is helping actually play out a story for them and it's making me feel closer to my sims which I love. If I had a witch pack I'd be in heaven.. because I want some of those influences for Olive.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Aww thanks you two @EnkiSchmidt and @fullspiral. Now I feel pressure. I don't usually do this. I just post a picture here and there and keep the stories in my head .. but I'm having so much fun in the game right now that I had to share some of it or burst. It's still my hope that others that loved Strangetown will tell what's going on in their games here. This pack is really fun and is helping actually play out a story for them and it's making me feel closer to my sims which I love. If I had a witch pack I'd be in heaven.. because I want some of those influences for Olive.

Don't feel any pressure at all lol. I'm the same. I love to share pics and what's going on, but I never write out a whole story and tend to just play it out in my head as it goes. You just never know where the game and circumstance will take it. I absolutely LOVE this element of weirdness with this pack and it's been missing for so long in the Sims!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited March 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Don't feel any pressure at all lol. I'm the same. I love to share pics and what's going on, but I never write out a whole story and tend to just play it out in my head as it goes. You just never know where the game and circumstance will take it. I absolutely LOVE this element of weirdness with this pack and it's been missing for so long in the Sims!

Right, no pressure! Just do it as long as you have fun & it comes naturally.

I agree, the pack is a great asset to get players into storytelling. I always was a storyteller, but Strangeville got me to decorate more. Here, for my standards that is already lots and lots of clutter (spoilered because unrelated to strangetown):
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am not one for reading stories, but I will definitely be reading and following yours!

Love the pics, especially the one where Lyla is standing goofy looking at the bassinet (where second baby was brought home) and Buzz sitting on the bed (just look at his face). Oh, this is a good pic for a Name this pic or title or whatever that thread was (could have been a S3 thread though, not sure).

• Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Wow.... I love this!

Sometimes, I wish that The Sims 4 was The Sims 3. The Sims 4 just seems like a perfect follow up from The Sims 2 and it correlates, even this pack shows it!

Obviously some things are newer than The Sims 3 but if it was actually switched in time, The Sims 4 (actually Sims 3 in real life) would probably have a very pleasing advancement, for example, click & pull CAS with color wheels, more pets, and a free world.

It's an unrealistic idea, and I don't mean to complain, but just one of my thoughts. :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Your story is so fun. Poor stinky baby. The pictures really add to the story.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Bam, Bam, Bam... There was a banging at the door.

The Curious Brothers were enjoying their day off. They were scientists at the FutureSim Labs.
    They had a fairly good reputation in their community. However, they were known to be a little quirky. Also, you had to question .. three grown men making good money still living together? What was up with that? Well that was the general consensus in the town anyway. Then there was their family ties. We won't go into that just now but suffice to say it's weird. Well the world is a strange place right?

Pascal and Lazlo went to answer .. "Why in the heck did they use the back door! They always use the backdoor!" Pascal muttered before opening the door to.. Hello, what have we here?
    He was taken aback as a strange group shuffled in.
    hult6p.png
    Okay, this was weird stuff. He took a step back and looked at Lazlo and hoped these.. people weren't dangerous or catching. "Act natural" he whispered to his brother and went to warn Vidcund, their eldest brother.
    The people shuffled and snapped around the house walking jerkly. Their mouths were stretched wide in an unnatural smile. Their eyes were opened wide, wide but their stare was blank and dead. The jerky movements they made were off-putting to say the least. Did that woman's neck actually just bend like that? They didn't seem in pain though..
    The boys decided to quietly observe and pretend to be natural.
    They tried to engage them in normal activities but the strange people didn't react to most things, and what was with this pollen in the air? Did they bring it in with them?
    28modhy.png
    miuz9.png
    After awhile, maybe a half and hour or so the strange people suddenly turned and started to leave en mass. They hadn't said a word to each other. Just left.
    11jvlhg.png

No sooner had the door closed behind them Pascal noticed a strange growth in the sink.. long colorful tendrils seemed to be reaching toward him. Then the door banged open and in walked some official looking sorts in black suits.
    67p5bs.png
    "There is a problem happening in the community and the place is under martial law. We need to look around." The people in black then proceeded to take their refrigerator.
    2dvtypy.png
    Pascal had had it and blew up, "Just what do you think your doing!?"
    14mqoh5.png
    "Our job Sir.. please stand aside." The woman in black answered coldly. Then after poking around a bit more they left.
    Pascal looked down into the sink when they departed. Okay, they take our refrigerator but leave this stuff? Government incompetence. He took a sample of the weird and unusal plant then cleaned it out of the sink.
    2w3w47a.png
    He turned to give his brothers a worried look. "What now?" The strange pollen floated and danced gracefully in the air. "Well at least they didn't find our secret lab.." Lazlo said and winked.
    Vidcund and Lazlo stepped out to watch the officials get into their van and have a look down the street. Lazlo heard a gasp as he watched their van disappear and looked over at his brother.
    Vidcund had his hands clasped over his mouth looking at the exotic looking plant nearby.
    2i6jog2.png
    "This wasn't here yesterday", he said tightly.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm thinking if it would be possible to recreate StrangerVille in The Sims 2 and attach it as a shopping district to Strangetown.
    Sorry about going few games back. Please continue.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I'm thinking if it would be possible to recreate StrangerVille in The Sims 2 and attatch it as a shopping district to Strangetown.
    Sorry about going few games back. Please continue.

You should give it a shot :).
    And thanks to everyone that said something nice before this last post. I'm still hoping someone else is doing this by the way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Great pics, secret lab huh? ;)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Don't forget to add the Beakers and the Nervous Subject
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yeah most scientists in my games are basically mad scientist :)@Fairygodmother could be good or bad. I just like all that stuff.
    Nervous Subject hasn't been born yet in my game so I'll doubt I'll get to that in that manner @Sigzy05. Olive is a teen in my game.. I want to fill up her graveyard myself :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Ahhh, I love all this! I adore Strangetown in the Sims 2 (ALL my legacies started there, every last one, and it was rare I dipped my toe out of it unless I downloaded a megahood), and to see you take the characters in that town and run with them in this one is amazing.

I've been tempted to find a place for the Curious brothers and Nervous Subject myself, but have been holding off since I have about 3-4 single sims running through stories and a legacy and 100 baby challenge I'm working on.

It's also way cool to see your take on Buzz and his (Alive!) wife, and to see their kids being born during such a time.