Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Avoiding the storyline in Strangerville - Looking for advice and answers (No spoilers)

2...Next

Comments

• CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I entered some giveaways, but I really think I'm not going to get it. I'm just too freaked out by the storyline stuff and I don't even want to have to look at the debug stuff. Thanks for all the answers and help!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Its a good game. If I can beat the Mother, anybody can, LOL. I took it slow and only worked on bits and pieces like every other day. Between the days it was skilling up my sim. It took me about 11 or 12 hours going slow, but worth it to me.
    This was totally different from my gameplay, as I am not an rpg (whatever you call it) gal. I ended up liking it and now replaying a new game to try it differently.
    Not everyone will like it, I just took a leap of faith and actually enjoyed it :D
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Its a good game....
    Not everyone will like it, I just took a leap of faith and actually enjoyed it :D

It's just I know my limits and I'm extremely creeped out by the whole storyline. I'm happy for everyone who enjoys it. Just not for me.

• daisy3rosedaisy3rose Posts: 160 Member
    I did have an affected sim show up at one of the festivals in San Myshuno, even though I had never played in Strangerville in that save. I would really like to have a way to disable that whole adventure and just have Strangerville be able to played as a normal neighborhood.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    After the recent update it seems my mod for "deleting" the infection is no longer active. Does anyone know if it is still compatible with the game and if I can continue using it?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had a possessed sim wandering outside a restaurant in Willow Creek last night. I only just got the pack about a week ago and this sim hasn't stepped foot in Strangerville yet. I wasn't expecting to see possessed ones in other towns, although I have seen the Scientists, Conspiracy Theorists, etc at venues in other towns. I just wasn't expecting to bump into possessed ones in a save where I haven't visited that town at all yet. It was one of the Strangerville pre-mades.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm still not sure whether I want to pay full price for this so I'm thinking about getting it as part of a bundle, depending on what the next expansion pack is. If the pack is an EP I want, I will definitely get Strangerville in a bundle. The only EP I don't currently have is Cats and Dogs, but I never use the pets EP as much as I think I will, so I was not planning to get that one this time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Does anyone know if deleting all the premades from Strangerville will stop them from showing up randomly through out my world?
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    Does anyone know if deleting all the premades from Strangerville will stop them from showing up randomly through out my world?

Well, if you delete any pre-made they will be gone from the game, but the game will always generate random townies of any game pack you have. The devs have said that infected townies won't show up anywhere else, though, but I can't confirm that.
  • Kain_DrakanKain_Drakan Posts: 16 Member
    > @belpita said:
    > You know, I'm really ambivalent about buying this pack not only because of things mentioned above. But it also worries me that the devs don't seem to be bothered with all the bugs anymore. The latest I heard was that there would be no patch in March, which means that the Seasons/City Living festival issue and the Get Famous make-up fail will not be addressed for another month. And these are issues that have been reported for a long time, making gameplay essential for completing a career really difficult to complete.
    >
    > Why would you focus on bringing out a pack that nobody has asked for, instead of making sure the previous packs are compatible with each other? The quoted tweet above is like a bad joke. "You have to play the storyline to get rid of a storyline that you don't want to play."
    >
    > ETA: Just wanted to point out that I am generally very enthusiastic about all new content for Sims4. I really enjoy playing the game and Strangerville as a new world seems like it would suit my style of play. But the sloppiness and inconsistencies of the latest additions make me concerned.

I don't blame you. The bug that has annoyed me the most so far is the vampires not recognizing the dark meditation command. It makes it such a pain to train low rank vampires for long periods of time. I know there are a lot of other bugs more annoying, I just haven't encountered them yet first hand.