Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree Issues

I hope I am posting this in the right spot but I have an issue with my family tree. One deceased sim is the father of another deceased sim, yet the family tree does not show they are related at all. I know Master Controller can fix the problem, yet deceased sims do not show up in the add parent option. I just would like to know how to add the sim back into the family tree or if it is even possible.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This can be tricky. Both sims need to be in the currently being played world or accessible to MC from it.

Are the remains of both sims in this world? Try the MC command but filter to Type of Sim > Dead. If not, or worth trying anyway, filter to Homeworld but then "X" to dismiss the filter in the hopes that this might produce a list of all sims reachable in your game, including those in limbo between worlds, to select from.

If neither of those help, I would suggest that you bring the question to us at NRaas. There may be another MC filter I am not thinking of that can help reach these two sims, if they are indeed reachable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

Thank you @igazor I got the issue fixed. I didn't know I had to look them up with Type of Sim > Dead but when I did that, I found the Sims I needed to reconnect. Everyone's related again.
  • Allentate11Allentate11 Posts: 11 New Member
    Great.