Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eyelashes cause lag

JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
Does anybody else have this problem? I tried adding Kikijo´s Eyelashes but they cause horrible lag in my game. The game even started loading slow and the music on the background played weirdly. I went to CAS and there also some lags. I know for sure it was not any other CC because that was the only one i used and placed on the mods file. After I removed the eyelashes the game started working normal again. But...I would like to have the eyelashes...well because eyelashes. So, does anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    If I was you I would message Kikijo if you could. I've seen the site once because a cc creator recommended it, but I personally have never downloaded any of Kikijo's stuff. Maybe refer to a different post, or ask around! I know that rosemow and Bananas_45 are great helpers on the forums.
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Typically if you have anything in the ring slot they will conflict with the eyelashes (at least the skin detail version). Try removing rings and see if that makes a difference. I found I had problems even if the rings and eyelashes were on outfits my sim wasn't currently using. Look closely at the eyelashes and if you see any distortion to them you've definitely got something conflicting with them.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I use the glasses slot version of their eyelashes and I don't have any lag.
  • Jj216Jj216 Posts: 17 New Member
    Dont have much lag either
  • ninah715ninah715 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't have much lag from kijiko eyelashes but they do pop out of cc hair though....is that suppose to happen since it's 3D? But I've watched other people use them and theirs don't pop out of cc hair...
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I use the ones that act as a skin detail as opposed to a clothing/accessory item slot. That way I don't have to place them on every outfit. I have never had any issues at all with them. They still conflict with rings but that may be an option for you to try.
  • here4snackshere4snacks Posts: 54 Member
    have you got the latest version of the eyelashes? at the end of nov 2018 they made changes to the pack to make it lighter and asked for everyone to download again.

I'm fairly new to cc but I find, when the game lags I run my mods folder through a sims 4 studio batch fix and it seems to sort out the lag issue for me. Preventing the game adding cc (like eyelashes) to townies (randoms) does speed up game play from my experience.
    G6QEt5g.png
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    if the CC is showing right ingame, if it dont have like 200,000 vertices... since its a eyelash i doubt it :D , it wont cause lag alone, by itself, prb is another thing... do you have scripted mods?