Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starlight Accolades

2...Next

Comments

• MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    MHsimsFan wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a sim other than the actors, or video editors, can win awards at the Starlight Accolades? I have a sim who's written many musical pieces and another who paints masterpieces all the time, but it only ever seems the actor sims win. Is that how it is supposed to work?

The Sim needs to publish the book(s), song(s) in order to be considered for an award. I'm not sure if there is an award for painting, but again, the Sim would have to sell the painting(s). Selling paintings also increases the painter's fame level.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Does anyone know if a sim other than the actors, or video editors, can win awards at the Starlight Accolades? I have a sim who's written many musical pieces and another who paints masterpieces all the time, but it only ever seems the actor sims win. Is that how it is supposed to work?

It depends on how many "famous" sims are in the world. Awards are randomly picked from the pool of famous sims. If you have a world that you've been playing a while that has a number of famous sims, you will be less likely to win. The more famous sims exist, the worse your chances are.

Sounds a bit dastardly, but if you "rub out" your famous sims, you'll increase your chances of winning.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    gettps wrote: »

It depends on how many "famous" sims are in the world. Awards are randomly picked from the pool of famous sims. If you have a world that you've been playing a while that has a number of famous sims, you will be less likely to win. The more famous sims exist, the worse your chances are.

Sounds a bit dastardly, but if you "rub out" your famous sims, you'll increase your chances of winning.

Right now I'm in a new game save. Same Sim, headed for fame. But, I have had him writing music (lyrics) and licensing more songs this time, since someone else suggested that would help my Sim get recognized. If, that doesn't do it, I will consider using MCCC on some of those standard stars. Mostly, they fail to show up at the awards ceremony, and the one in my game yesterday, nobody made a speech. The one Sim who went on stage didn't receive their award, either. I even had to quickly go into build mode to move a set of standing stage lights that appeared to block the one set of steps! It's a beautiful remodel of the PBP studio. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member

Right now I'm in a new game save. Same Sim, headed for fame. But, I have had him writing music (lyrics) and licensing more songs this time, since someone else suggested that would help my Sim get recognized. If, that doesn't do it, I will consider using MCCC on some of those standard stars. Mostly, they fail to show up at the awards ceremony, and the one in my game yesterday, nobody made a speech. The one Sim who went on stage didn't receive their award, either. I even had to quickly go into build mode to move a set of standing stage lights that appeared to block the one set of steps! It's a beautiful remodel of the PBP studio. :open_mouth:

A little off topic, but you use a mod that allows your sim to pursue a musician career, correct? Would you mind sharing the name of the mod with me?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member

A little off topic, but you use a mod that allows your sim to pursue a musician career, correct? Would you mind sharing the name of the mod with me?

I don't mind at all and, yes, I do use a mod. Road to Fame! Make sure you get the very latest, as it was just updated to go with the latest patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PhoenixKing1999PhoenixKing1999 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You're not alone in that. I read on these forums your Sim has to attend the awards. So, I've done that at least twice now. Still nada. The guy makes 10,000 Simoleons per concert, too. He writes music, makes CDs on that machine thingie. Suffice it to say, he's doing really, really well. Made Global Superstar just after he became a YA. Started his career in his teens. Still, no love for Erik. :'(

Ah, sorry about that. I am on the same boat as you are but think about it; some great artists do not get any awards. My sim deserves better than a stupid award! *cries internally*