Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My UI has disappeared!

I can’t do anything. Shortcut keys don’t work, can’t switch sim (well I can with the space bar but nothing beyond that, can’t Alt + F4 out, can’t pause, can’t do anything. Help please, I haven’t saved.

I ran the Sims 3 with expansion packs and CC (can’t remember if there were mods) and never ran into anything that broke the game

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Have you tried just pressing TAB? Maybe you are in screenshot mode :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Do you have the UI extension mod? Make sure it's updated.

If you use any mods or cc, always disable them and see if that fixes it first, because 90% of the time it's a mod issue.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Have you tried just pressing TAB? Maybe you are in screenshot mode :)

I had some of the UI (the pause menu button, notifications and the gallery button) and the mouse. None of the buttons that were visible worked. The camera button made the notifications move down but that was it. I still got the object highlight when I moused over stuff but couldn't do anything with that. Had to use Task Manager to quit
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member

If you use any mods or cc, always disable them and see if that fixes it first, because 90% of the time it's a mod issue.

IT's probably one of the new mods/CC I got yesterday
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »

IT's probably one of the new mods/CC I got yesterday

Most likely. If you can't figure it out use the half and half method. Take out half of your mods and move them to a separate folder. If the game works fine then you know it's that half of the mods that are causing it, so keep checking half and half until you find the culprit.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png