Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burned Food :p

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    My sims almost never burn food because only a Natural Cook is ever allowed to prepare meals. It's one of my favorite traits, and when no one in my household has it, the sims subsist on quick meals, fish or veggies toasted over the fire pit, or baked goods from the child's toy oven. (Yes, even for breakfast. If I'm going to make them too lazy to learn how to cook, I might as go all the way.) That's the only time anything gets burned—since children can't have the trait, they mess up quite often. This seems realistic.

On the other hand, I try to have sims in good moods when they're skilling up, since their progress is so much faster, so neither children nor adults are likely to cook when their hunger meters are in the red. The burned cookies are probably coming out of the oven after everyone's fed already, so it's not a problem for the kid to make another batch.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.
    @emorrill @pary I kind of like that rule "you burn it, you eat it". It'll teach the cook to pay more attention to the recipe.

I always feel like that, even if it really doesn't help lol.

If you don't shop at the grocery, it still costs sims money to make a meal from the fridge, so they aren't allowed to waste food, especially when starting out and have a really small budget. Either way costs simoleons. Eating food that is a little burned never hurt anyone, not even sims, so mine aren't allowed to be picky :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.
    Pary wrote: »
    There is a rule in my sim households - You burn it, you eat it.

:D This is me!
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    Most of the time I'll throw the food away and have the Sim cook another dish. If they have leftovers in the fridge then they can go and eat some of those instead. Sometimes, however, (when I remember this is an option), I will just have them call a pizza place for the night.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    I love feeding my sims burnt food. It cracks me up when they feel unwell afterwards. Spoiled food, on the other hand, is a no go, the nasty factor is too big.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    Close to "I instantly have them trash it! My sims will NEVER eat burned food! Pizza anyone?", except for the pizza ;) If they're in a hurry I just make them pick out a sandwich or soup or cereals. And if they're not I order them to cook a new meal, hoping this time they'll get it right.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Ooooo!

Going ahead and serving the burned food and the Other option are now tied! :smiley:

Which one will take the lead!? :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    Can't believe how many people feed their Sims burnt food!! Maybe because I'm a Foodie IRL....I find the thought of it disgusting and could never do that to my sims.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Can't believe how many people feed their Sims burnt food!! Maybe because I'm a Foodie IRL....I find the thought of it disgusting and could never do that to my sims.
    Lol, to be honest it never even occurred to me I could make them eat it :D What happens when you do? Do they get sick?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    @JoAnne65 Nah, they just get a bad moodlet. I think they also make gagging sounds or something, but can't remember if that's in TS3 or one of the other versions of the game...I pretty much never feed my sims burned food, but have seen non-active sims eating it in all of the various sims games.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @Stormkeep, I'm just EVIL. Hey... If they buy food and then burn it... well... can't let food go to waste. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Other (Please explain)
    This thread it's making me feel like a monster... I believe my sims are starting to forget what food tastes like :cold_sweat:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    I went with "I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.". But there are times when I might throw away the burnt food and have my Sims eat a quick meal instead or eat leftovers from the frig or fix something else depending on how I feel and how low their hunger meter is.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I instantly have them trash it! My sims will NEVER eat burned food! Pizza anyone?
    I always toss burned food. My Sims rarely get to the point of being extremely hungry, so there’s plenty of time for them to prepare another meal if they were to randomly burn one and if I don’t have any leftovers available. But I usually do have leftovers, as I often have a couple meals prepared in advance. That way, Sims who may end up on a different schedule than the rest of the household can still have a nice home-cooked meal.

My Sims rarely burn food though. There’s usually someone in the house that’s the designated cook with enough experience to be decent, if not always great. If at first they have little or no skill, I have them prepare autumn salad and PB&Js until they’ve improved, and only then are they allowed to cook on a stove. Any children in the house practice on the toy oven so they will have some skill when they’re older. I also avoid using cheap stoves and refrigerators.

I prefer my Sims to have good quality meals, but there are a few special cases. For example, I don’t use the quick meal option as a general rule, but sometimes make the exception for Sims at Uni. I also have played homeless Sims that lived off caught fish and whatever they could scrounge from local gardens, roasted over a fire pit. And I have a save with a bachelor PI Sim who has never made even a single meal himself. In the beginning he lived off hot dogs from competing in the eating contests at the festival, lol. Sometimes he’d win and get a free group serving of hot dogs to tide him over. Now that he’s earning better, he lives off discount diner meals and takeout. But no matter the situation, nobody eats the burned stuff! :tongue:
  • RamendemonRamendemon Posts: 91 Member
    I instantly have them trash it! My sims will NEVER eat burned food! Pizza anyone?
    I usually work on cooking skills pretty early on- so this doesn't happen often. If it did- I would either order pizza or try for something less ambitious like a garden salad. Garden salad and fruit salad are my best friends when a sim can't cook. One because they don't burn stuff- and two because I don't want the sim household to burn down.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I use a combination of Serve It and Trash It. They eat the burned food at the time, but the leftovers get trashed.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I went with "I go ahead and serve them the burned food. They're all starving and one nasty meal won't kill them.". But there are times when I might throw away the burnt food and have my Sims eat a quick meal instead or eat leftovers from the frig or fix something else depending on how I feel and how low their hunger meter is.

^This for me too.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I instantly trash it I'm sorry to say :lol:
    I know I know, there's starving sims out there in the world. But when my sims burn food it's not just a little burnt around the edges. I'd be fine with letting them eat crispy food, no their burnt food looks like a steaming pile of garbage. I don't care how long it takes to cook another meal, if they're going to cook food they're going to do it right :tongue:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    You know, although I put myself pretty firmly in the trash can/compactor crowd to begin with it's possible we are overlooking something. If the game called the result Charred or Cajun Blackened instead of Burned and the sim who prepared it garnished the plate with some fresh garden herbs and a dollop of yogurt, wouldn't that be enough to make certain Avant Garde, Snob, and Foodie sims (and maybe their players) happy? (why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret even thinking of this...) >:)o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • xXSims4lifeNForevXxxXSims4lifeNForevXx Posts: 12 New Member
    I always force them to eat every meal they make. Food is sacred and should never be wasted. (Also pizza doesn't fully satisfy their hunger needs, and burnt mac and cheese can)
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    I always force them to eat every meal they make. Food is sacred and should never be wasted. (Also pizza doesn't fully satisfy their hunger needs, and burnt mac and cheese can)
    That's odd, my sims get totally full or close enough to it from one slice of pizza and a second one gives them the Stuffed moodlet (which by itself is harmless if they stop eating) in addition to a positive moodlet for the pizza. Possibly you are not playing TS3 but a different iteration of the game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited January 2019
    In this case I just cheat to raise their hunger bar up and have a sim trash the food. It's all good! ;-)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Nah, they just get a bad moodlet. I think they also make gagging sounds or something, but can't remember if that's in TS3 or one of the other versions of the game...I pretty much never feed my sims burned food, but have seen non-active sims eating it in all of the various sims games.

The gagging sound is from Sims 2. I play college dorms all the time and the cook burns food half of the time. You should hear all the wretching that goes on LOL I cheat my Sim's hunger to full when this happens. I never have them eat burned food if possible.
    > @igazor said:
    > xXSims4lifeNForevXx wrote: »
    >
    > I always force them to eat every meal they make. Food is sacred and should never be wasted. (Also pizza doesn't fully satisfy their hunger needs, and burnt mac and cheese can)
    >
    >
    >
    > That's odd, my sims get totally full or close enough to it from one slice of pizza and a second one gives them the Stuffed moodlet (which by itself is harmless if they stop eating) in addition to a positive moodlet for the pizza. Possibly you are not playing TS3 but a different iteration of the game?

I don't have that much memory about sims 3 pizza, but I know that sims 4 pizza only recover 3/4 of hunger, like desserts and fast meals. So, it's always better to eat a meal that a sim cooked.
    edited January 2019
    Other (Please explain)
    I don't have that much memory about sims 3 pizza, but I know that sims 4 pizza only recover 3/4 of hunger, like desserts and fast meals. So, it's always better to eat a meal that a sim cooked.
    Fair enough. This thread is on the TS3 section of the forum though, some of us over here have never even played TS4. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > xXSims4lifeNForevXx wrote: »
    >
    > I don't have that much memory about sims 3 pizza, but I know that sims 4 pizza only recover 3/4 of hunger, like desserts and fast meals. So, it's always better to eat a meal that a sim cooked.
    >
    >
    >
    > Fair enough. This thread is on the TS3 section of the forum though, some of us over here have never even played TS4. ;)

I didn't notice, sorry :o
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top