Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - REMASTERED

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    hPMDrE0.png
    Pary wrote: »
    Kynan wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 What, you don't like those thicc ankles and pointy fruits? :D

Hahaha ... Sims 4 : Get Cankles

Good heavens, I thought the one on the right was retaining water (fluid) caused by:

1) Sitting or staying in one position for too long
    2) Eating too much salty food

:D:mrgreen:

Boy, I didn't know that TS4 was so realistic. :tongue:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I agree! It even just pops up where it's suppose to be - it doesn't even glide to the location in map view. Hopefully since newer games have the ability to fly, maybe the devs will incorporate that technology into The Sims 5. Then, they can add in all types of flying: single-engine airplanes, simple engine helicopters, wind gliders (over land and sea), dragons (not the cute tiny ones that sit on your shoulder like in TS3 - I want big ones you can climb on and fly!), Pegasus, etc. etc. And then we can design and manage our own AIRPORTS!!!

As an aviation fanatic: THIS.

09-24-2012_YVR_BA_747-436_G-BNLG_wm.jpg

Want to see a fully functional airport in TS5 with Sims being able to go from world to world by going to the airport.

And what's the "military career" (I want it back in TS5) without:

Abby_Airshow_TA-4J_wm.jpg or Abby_Airshow_F-14DTomcat_VF-31Tomcatters_2_wm.jpg

I'm sure that if open world came back in TS5, Fresh Prince would be all over making driveable cars like he did for TS3. I'd like the same for aircraft.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @emorrill @ClarionOfJoy I thougt I was the only one who was taken by surprise after buying the world! They really left that in the dark then? That’s just... not good. And let’s not forget they also tricked us into buying that world by adding the toddler stuff everybody wanted badly.

@Nikkei_Simmer I think you’ll see why I just don’t understand it when people say they want a Sims game combining Sims 2 and 3 ‘but with sims from TS4’ :| I’m dead serious about that, I just really don’t get it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I agree. One of the main reasons why I didn't like TS4 and haven't even bothered with it is the fact that they went "cartoony". I tend to like "more realistic" looking sims.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    The Error 12's are what make me want a 64-bit remastered Sims 3 for me. Along with the looooooooong loading times.

I've been playing Sims 4 recently, and it takes less than 5 minutes to get from launching the game to playing my sims. While in Sims 3 it can take 15-20 minutes.

I NEVER got Error 12s playing The Sims 3 and I just have a mid-range computer. But I've got news for you - there are solutions published for it a LONG time ago so this is not even a real problem. If you're still getting them when there are well-known, very simple and easy fixes for it, then the problem is not the game, is it?

I don't mind the loading time - it only happens at the beginning and less so when traveling to another world. I just do other stuff, like make snacks or something. Don't you? I mean, you don't just sit there staring at the screen waiting for the game to load, right? Right?!?? The tons of loading screens in TS4 are much more annoying because it's DURING gameplay and just breaks the flow. It forces its players to keep their sims in one lot and not utilize the entire playing area - which isn't much to begin with! Also, there's nowhere near as much gameplay in TS4, so yeah, it should load up faster at the start.

If you've never gotten an Error 12 then you're one of the lucky ones. Yes its mostly my fault as I love to populate my game with custom content and custom lots with all kinds of activities for my sims to enjoy. That adds to the bloat tremendously. I've been thru all the solutions and it still happens once in a while.

I'm not defending Sims 4 or bashing Sims 3. I enjoy both games for different reasons. But a 30 second load time to go visit a bar or a club vs a 15-20 minute load time to go visit France or China is a noticeable difference.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Want to see a fully functional airport in TS5 with Sims being able to go from world to world by going to the airport.

I'm sure that if open world came back in TS5, Fresh Prince would be all over making driveable cars like he did for TS3. I'd like the same for aircraft.

Missy Hissy made an airline related custom career on her website, and I have seen several airport-themed lots out there. I used her career, assigned it to a rabbit hole door, and one of those lots to put an "airport" in town for one of my games.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I agree! It even just pops up where it's suppose to be - it doesn't even glide to the location in map view. Hopefully since newer games have the ability to fly, maybe the devs will incorporate that technology into The Sims 5. Then, they can add in all types of flying: single-engine airplanes, simple engine helicopters, wind gliders (over land and sea), dragons (not the cute tiny ones that sit on your shoulder like in TS3 - I want big ones you can climb on and fly!), Pegasus, etc. etc. And then we can design and manage our own AIRPORTS!!!

09-24-2012_YVR_BA_747-436_G-BNLG_wm.jpg

Abby_Airshow_TA-4J_wm.jpg or Abby_Airshow_F-14DTomcat_VF-31Tomcatters_2_wm.jpg

I forgot that they took out the military career in TS4! I wonder why, since it had been there in all the previous sims games? It always had some neat items associated with it. I remember it had that bivouac course that built up your athletic skill in TS2. It would be great if they brought it back in TS5 and make a mini game with the jetfighter or something with parachuting. They NEED to bring back that career (along with everything else they took out from TS4)!
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2019
    If you've never gotten an Error 12 then you're one of the lucky ones. Yes its mostly my fault as I love to populate my game with custom content and custom lots with all kinds of activities for my sims to enjoy. That adds to the bloat tremendously. I've been thru all the solutions and it still happens once in a while.

I'm not defending Sims 4 or bashing Sims 3. I enjoy both games for different reasons. But a 30 second load time to go visit a bar or a club vs a 15-20 minute load time to go visit France or China is a noticeable difference.

France or China are entirely separate WORLDS, encompassing at least 100 playable lots EACH with a ton of things to do and explore in each world - not just mere small neighborhoods with only a handful of playable lots (that you can only get to EACH through a loading screen). They don't compare but you talk about them like they are equal as if to fool people who don't know any better.

By the way, if you wish to go to a bar or a club in France or China, THERE'S NO LOADING SCREEN, so there not even a 30 second load time to go to any of them. It is all about immersion (no loading screens during game play in TS3 to keep the flow of the game) verses breaking it (a loading screen for EVERY lot in TS4 thus breaking immersion). This is why most people actually play a game in TS3 and can get lost in it for hours - not just create sims and lots and then get bored after 30 minutes.
  • Options

France or China are entirely separate WORLDS, encompassing at least 100 playable lots EACH with a ton of things to do and explore in each world - not just mere small neighborhoods with only a handful of playable lots (that you can only get to EACH through a loading screen). They don't compare but you talk about them like they are equal as if to fool people who don't know any better.

By the way, if you wish to go to a bar or a club in France or China, THERE'S NO LOADING SCREEN, so there not even a 30 second load time to go to any of them. It is all about immersion (no loading screens during game play in TS3 to keep the flow of the game) verses breaking it (a loading screen for EVERY lot in TS4 thus breaking immersion). This is why most people actually play a game in TS3 and can get lost in it for hours - not just create sims and lots and then get bored after 30 minutes.
    Apart from the fact that travelling to those worlds never took 15-20 minutes for me, not even on my 2007 PC when I first started playing the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I don't know about a remaster but I definitely wouldn't mind if they took the time to fix any problems with their previous games and that such an update wouldn't force Origin onto us. If not that then a Sims 5 capable of not being attached to Origin or needing to be online for anything period.

Either way it'll probably never happen. If EA could get away with it we'd probably be online all the time to play with who knows how many attempted money grabs.

hPMDrE0.png

rbsyY1l.png

There have been so many times I've looked at things in The Sims 4 and just felt so meh with its looks. I get how with CAS now it's easier to create more unique looking sims but the Sims 4 at times looks plastic like to me. Not to mention it's really hard to make more serious looking sims.

I remember you sharing a pic of one of your sims in Sims 3 then in Sims 4 and that was a perfect visual summary of my problem with making sims in 4 VS making sims in 3 or 2.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know about a remaster but I definitely wouldn't mind if they took the time to fix any problems with their previous games and that such an update wouldn't force Origin onto us. If not that then a Sims 5 capable of not being attached to Origin or needing to be online for anything period.

Either way it'll probably never happen. If EA could get away with it we'd probably be online all the time to play with who knows how many attempted money grabs.

hPMDrE0.png

rbsyY1l.png

There have been so many times I've looked at things in The Sims 4 and just felt so meh with its looks. I get how with CAS now it's easier to create more unique looking sims but the Sims 4 at times looks plastic like to me. Not to mention it's really hard to make more serious looking sims.

I remember you sharing a pic of one of your sims in Sims 3 then in Sims 4 and that was a perfect visual summary of my problem with making sims in 4 VS making sims in 3 or 2.
    Think you might refer to this comparison:

mrOUPkb.png

Funny thing is, I used that comparison as picture proof a while back on Twitter and someone genuinely responded: “Lol indeed! I think the Sims before were a bad cross between 2D and 3D lol. I don’t know why .. poor them!” They thought I wanted to show how superior the Sims 4 sim looked. That came as a shocker to me, but it goes to show it’s really all in the eye of the beholder :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    They thought I wanted to show how superior the Sims 4 sim looked. That came as a shocker to me, but it goes to show it’s really all in the eye of the beholder :D
    Indeed. From what I understand, real estate agents sometimes have this problem. They show their clients some much older properties that may have been fully functional at one time but are now all falling apart and everything is in need of repair, or at least some effort is required to make them livable again. Then a modern one where everything is brand new and shiny. But the clients see the potential and fall in love with one of the older properties instead, saying eww, they could never live in such an antiseptic looking environment as the new one.

Or the other way around, they expect the client to hate the new one and fall in love with the old world charms of the more established lots and the reverse happens.

Please don't read too much into this analogy, it's not perfect as I don't mean to imply that you were "selling" anything nor do I mean that TS2/3 are run down and falling apart whereas TS4 works better just because it's newer. It just came to mind for some reason. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @igazor LOL, well, not selling maybe, but I was making a point there (not even trying, it’s that obvious to me :D ), but you’re right with the comparison. It’s just a matter of preference. As for houses by the way, things can change in that respect. When I was young I found modern houses absolutely hideous. I still love old houses, but I’ve learned to appreciate the modern ones as well over the years. For some reason that just happened ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    invaluableoracleinvaluableoracle Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 3, including all of its expansion and stuff packs, was a very very very large project that took multiple years to complete. With all the staff being dedicated entirely to TS4 at this point, I just don't think EA would justify the financial aspects (paying staff, development costs, etc) or diverting the manpower away from TS4 to do a remake of 3, as wonderful as it would be.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    They thought I wanted to show how superior the Sims 4 sim looked. That came as a shocker to me, but it goes to show it’s really all in the eye of the beholder :D
    Indeed. From what I understand, real estate agents sometimes have this problem. They show their clients some much older properties that may have been fully functional at one time but are now all falling apart and everything is in need of repair, or at least some effort is required to make them livable again. Then a modern one where everything is brand new and shiny. But the clients see the potential and fall in love with one of the older properties instead, saying eww, they could never live in such an antiseptic looking environment as the new one.

Or the other way around, they expect the client to hate the new one and fall in love with the old world charms of the more established lots and the reverse happens.

~evil grin~ We don't care what you buy. :D Just so long as we get the commission. :D No...really. :D

But actually no, we hope that you fall in love with whatever house you choose (putting my realtor hat on)... It doesn't really matter to us (we're not the ones that are going to be living in the house), just so long as you're satisfied with the purchase of your home.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    invaluableoracleinvaluableoracle Posts: 2 New Member
    Also- the difference with the Spyro remake, for one particular example, was that the original studio that created the Playstation series, Insomniac Games, didn't develop the remake- it was sold to another studio, Toys For Bob, which we all know EA would never, ever want to do with any of their property... they're just too strict about keeping their own work in their own studios.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I like the sims 3 graphics as it is so no thank you, i don't want them to mess with its artstyle.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2021
    ~evil grin~ We don't care what you buy. :D Just so long as we get the commission. :D No...really. :D

But actually no, we hope that you fall in love with whatever house you choose (putting my realtor hat on)... It doesn't really matter to us (we're not the ones that are going to be living in the house), just so long as you're satisfied with the purchase of your home.
    Not to encourage thread necroing, but wouldn't a real estate agent or their boss be thrilled to sell what they thought was a schlump of a property to get it off their roster while still be able to sell the newer models to yet others? This is where the analogy fails though because when someone purchases a TS3 or TS4 license, they aren't actually taking it away from someone else who may have wanted it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I like the sims 3 graphics as it is so no thank you, i don't want them to mess with its artstyle.

I like the artstyle, but they could update the textures to get rid of the compression artifacts and colour banding. And maybe add more polygons to the sim meshes. More sliders would be nice too. Maybe some unsymmetrical ones. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    igazor wrote: »

Not to encourage thread necroing, but wouldn't a real estate agent or their boss be thrilled to sell what they thought was a schlump of a property to get it off their roster while still be able to sell the newer models to yet others? This is where the analogy fails though because when someone purchases a TS3 or TS4 license, they aren't actually taking it away from someone else who may have wanted it.

Of course, however, as a realtor, I wasn't about to shoe-horn someone into a property that "they didn't feel attached to..." I wanted to make sure that they were satisfied with the decision and if that meant that "schlump" of a property didn't fit the buyer's needs, then I wasn't about to push it on them. :) It's all a matter of reading what your buyers are telling you, both verbally and non-verbally.

Though of course with regards to Sims 4...we're talking fixer-upper with the roof caving in and black mold in the walls.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Cororon wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

I like the artstyle, but they could update the textures to get rid of the compression artifacts and colour banding. And maybe add more polygons to the sim meshes. More sliders would be nice too. Maybe some unsymmetrical ones. :)

that I agree, if the remaster only upped the texture resolution or quality to make it look nicer it's fine, but most of the remaster games that are already in the market sometimes changed the artstyles and looks of the characters way too much, with the exception of Yakuza 1 2.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i just want 64bit :(
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    McTosh wrote: »

Me too...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited February 2021
    McTosh wrote: »

Me too...

and maybe better CPU threading too.

we can dream *sigh*. if i ever become a multi-millionaire i promise i'll buy sims 3 IP and pay for a remaster 😂
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Oh, yesss!! I want to play my saves for the longest. I think people said having a 64bit version would help with that so i guess that is what i want.