Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - REMASTERED

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I want to see a new game honestly. But a well made one, not a rushed one with 0 content again, and that we have to pay for basic things again.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sims3 is "My Love"................No need to go messing with it now <3
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I'm not especially for a TS3 remastering, and I think there are already threads with what we'd like to see in TS5, if ever there's one coming up... Just please, please EA, do not use the horrible TS4 cartoony graphics again... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    As much as it sounds good for a remastered Sims 3, I think that I will have to agree with others that I would rather see them do a better job at making TS5 and add things in from the previous Sims games like the open world from TS3. My TS3 is complete with all of the EP's and all but 2 SP's and a good deal of the store. I would hate to have to repurchase the remastered game and not be able to use my store content unless they include all of the store worlds/lots and the rest of the stuff. But even if they added all of that in, it'll probably cost too much to buy in my opinion.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2019
    I would prefer EA kept as far away from previous versions of the Sims as possible, so they don't continue to just ruin it with their fumbling, even though I would also love to see a remastered TS2, they would just spoil it, like they always do with games.

I often admit to being bewildered when I see this faint hearted "shuddering" over TS3 sims appearance, especially compared to those sims from TS4 which look like stepford smiling plastic mannequins.
    And every one I see looks exactly the same as the next persons sim! It's like everyone just took face 1 and slapped some makeup on it and a different hair. There just doesn't seem to be any / much diversity amongst them.

My own personal sims always look a lot alike, but that is me alone, and I get that lots of people have a "style" but when sims of other people just look almost like a carbon copy of your own it seems rather redundant.
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Initially, I thought it would be a good idea to remaster TS3 while also cleaning up leftover glitches, dramatically improving optimization with capabilities for 64-bit operating systems and adding more options for players to play how they want. For example, breaking down story progression and making everything optional. The ability to modify in-game features/social interactions/autonomy/etc. But, the more I think about it, the more I realize there is no way EA would pass up an opportunity to connect every single game to Origin which I don't care for.

Though, they already did with patch 1.69. However, the remaster of TS3 would have to be so much more than just improved resolutions/graphics for me to even consider buying the whole complete series again. And I'm quite harsh in my criticism when it comes spending or thinking about spending money on something. If I deem it not worth it...goodbye. Anyway, I wouldn't trust Maxis/EA to do a decent job by what they already shown of their workmanship.

The graphics in TS3 is decent but not always the best it could have been in all areas. But overall, I like it. For a game between 2009-2013 it still looks great to me. Especially, most of what I see I can take my Sim there and is the largest play area of any Sims game to date. The open world looks great and expands gameplay. :mrgreen:
    Quartzette.jpg
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Pary wrote: »
    I would prefer EA kept as far away from previous versions of the Sims as possible, so they don't continue to just ruin it with their fumbling, even though I would also love to see a remastered TS2, they would just spoil it, like they always do with games.

I often admit to being bewildered when I see this faint hearted "shuddering" over TS3 sims appearance, especially compared to those sims from TS4 which look like stepford smiling plastic mannequins.
    And every one I see looks exactly the same as the next persons sim! It's like everyone just took face 1 and slapped some makeup on it and a different hair. There just doesn't seem to be any / much diversity amongst them.

My own personal sims always look a lot alike, but that is me alone, and I get that lots of people have a "style" but when sims of other people just look almost like a carbon copy of your own it seems rather redundant.
    LOL, you often make a habit of speaking exactly my mind, pumping my fist in the air with a deeply felt: yess :D And though I do like my own cartoony sims in 4 for what they are, I can’t help it a faint ‘noooooooo....” escapes me whenever I see the suggestion to make Sims 5 combining Sims 2 and 3 (yes please) ‘with the Sims 4 sims’. No, please, just no no no :disappointed:

(lol, love your signature too)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2019
    Remastering TS3, if I may be blunt, is just putting lipstick on a pig. In order for any Sims sequel (I consider TS4 to be a weird alternate universe) to run efficiently, it would need to cater to both sides - who want extensive interactions between sims and those who want to explore their world (open world). Otherwise, you're just telling a sizeable portion of the simming community to go pound sand.

I would rather that they focussed on TS5 and made it the best possible game that it could be, extensive interactions, detailed extensive life stages with activities for each life-stage to do (including babies this time, burp, feed, cuddle, bathe, change diaper, play with soother, any sort of interaction other than shoving it in a crib and waiting until they age up to toddler (@Featherbelle and I've raised three kids of our own in real life - yes, we're married Sims gamers), open world, 64bit programming of the game architecture; quit nickel and diming us to death. Dump GlassBox, it's a failure - most of my TS3 friends don't want to see fake looking sunsets that have striations of colour - you don't see that in real life. If they do cartoony graphics again, I'm done, even if it is a EA proprietary game engine, it needs work. From what I've seen of where that engine has been used (Sim City and TS4); it's only able to do cartoony graphics. And if they continue to use Glass Box, I'll continue to play TS3 until I can't play it anymore on the machines that I get.

And then I'll go play DCS, get myself the new Heatblur F-14 Tomcat and go kill some MiGs or play Flight Simulator X (or Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    I'm not especially for a TS3 remastering, and I think there are already threads with what we'd like to see in TS5, if ever there's one coming up... Just please, please EA, do not use the horrible TS4 cartoony graphics again... :s

Sims 4 graphics are awesome :) Sims 3 graphics are poor as heck. But hey, to each their own :*
    edited January 2019
    jillbg wrote: »

Sims 4 graphics are awesome :) Sims 3 graphics are poor as heck. But hey, to each their own :*
    Myeah...

hPMDrE0.png

rbsyY1l.png

To each their own, let's leave it at that ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2019
    @JoAnne65 What, you don't like those thicc ankles and pointy fruits? :D

Edit- I wouldn't care for a remastered version of TS3. Like @Deshong04 stated, it would no doubt be tied to Origin.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    We have had several detailed discussions on this subject that started here on the TS3 forum board by fans and other enthusiasts of the game, so thankfully without all the overhead of creeped-out shuddering comments from those who don't now nor ever liked the game in the first place or those who declare it totally unplayable or unenjoyable for whatever reasons.

TS3 does not need a 64-bit scaffolding slapped around it because that would just stop some of the resource overload crashes (and Error 12s). It won't help the overworked and over-extended game engine perform any better, things worldwide (townwide) will still fall apart if the original 32-bit designed engine is not redone from scratch to take into account the expanded features that greater, and I mean much greater, resource allocation would allow for. If TS3 were really ever to be improved upon by EA, it would need to be reprogrammed entirely as a proper 64-bit program, one that could potentially use more than 800 MB of video memory (vram) because that particular limit is very 2009, and potentially more than two processor cores. Although such is not out of the realm of possibility in an otherwise infinite universe, not sure I am seeing EA spending all of that time, attention, and development effort on the game in the future. But of course no one else can do this but EA because the game is theirs and it's not open sourced, it is a proprietary still being sold program.

In the realm of fantasy though, I wouldn't mind seeing a split in the product line. TS5 could be whatever else it is EA thinks we need to have next, TS3.5 could be this 64-bit redo of the game we here on this section of the forum love so much, and the customer could choose one or hopefully both as they would in the end still be completely different games. They could even be part of the same product so as not to further divide the customer base. When we start a new game, we could be asked if we want to use the 3.5 or the 5.0 game engine. Yeah, I'm a real dreamer when I put my mind to it. :)

He said it much better than I could.

I think I like this suggestion best, though it'd certainly be nice to be free of the crashes and doom of error 12.

Overall though, I don't think I'd pay more for the same game with a facelift, since with enhanced sliders and custom content it's pretty easy to fix the pudding pop sims of this game.

My brother got the remastered Spyro and crash games for Christmas, and while some of the re-mastered features were gorgeous,there were a lot of them that were really disappointing and poorly done.

Sometimes a re-mastered game can be worse than the original, so be careful what you wish for.

I might pay for a game that had a re-built engine and improved stability, but this is entirely dependent on how badly this impacts mods and CC. If it's a one shot release that breaks everything I'd probably give it a pass, since many many many CC sites/creators are gone and it doesn't look like they're coming back. personally, I'd rather have the customization and additional gameplay features of CC and mods than a stabilized vanilla game with nothing in it to spice it up.

And while a more stable game would be nice, using most of the recommended tips to improve performance has made my game pretty stable, I rarely crash anymore and it's usually my own fault when it does.

I plan to later this year swap out the two computer components that are lacking to handle TS3, and after that if it solves what I hope it will I might not be willing to pay for an improved game at all.
    Post edited by Linamints on
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Kynan wrote: »
    What, you don't like those thicc ankles and pointy fruits? :D
    Perhaps the question to be pondering is, might there be a cause-effect relationship between the two? Have sim scientists yet determined the effects on ankle thickness of a lifetime of consuming pointy fruits? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2019
    In the meantime the real question of this topic maintains: do we want a remastered Sims 3. I have a feeling we can conclude the commonly felt answer is no :D Regardless whether you like Sims 3 graphics or not.

(not waiting for any scientific proof, from now on I’m going to stay away from any pointy fruit, better safe than sorry :p )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    No matter what the physical attribute, there are always going to be those who are "into that sort of thing."

Unveiled today, my new idea for a custom trait -- Loves Thick Ankles. This trait silently adds +100 to the attraction score between the one who has it and any sim with that attribute. Heartily endorsed by pointy fruit farmers everywhere.

Though I guess if all sims' ankles look that way (I wouldn't know), this idea might kind of backfire.
    o:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Error 12's are what make me want a 64-bit remastered Sims 3 for me. Along with the looooooooong loading times.

I've been playing Sims 4 recently, and it takes less than 5 minutes to get from launching the game to playing my sims. While in Sims 3 it can take 15-20 minutes.

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Kynan wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 What, you don't like those thicc ankles and pointy fruits? :D

Hahaha ... Sims 4 : Get Cankles
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    We have had several detailed discussions on this subject that started here on the TS3 forum board by fans and other enthusiasts of the game, so thankfully without all the overhead of creeped-out shuddering comments from those who don't now nor ever liked the game in the first place or those who declare it totally unplayable or unenjoyable for whatever reasons.

TS3 does not need a 64-bit scaffolding slapped around it because that would just stop some of the resource overload crashes (and Error 12s). It won't help the overworked and over-extended game engine perform any better, things worldwide (townwide) will still fall apart if the original 32-bit designed engine is not redone from scratch to take into account the expanded features that greater, and I mean much greater, resource allocation would allow for. If TS3 were really ever to be improved upon by EA, it would need to be reprogrammed entirely as a proper 64-bit program, one that could potentially use more than 800 MB of video memory (vram) because that particular limit is very 2009, and potentially more than two processor cores. Although such is not out of the realm of possibility in an otherwise infinite universe, not sure I am seeing EA spending all of that time, attention, and development effort on the game in the future. But of course no one else can do this but EA because the game is theirs and it's not open sourced, it is a proprietary still being sold program.

In the realm of fantasy though, I wouldn't mind seeing a split in the product line. TS5 could be whatever else it is EA thinks we need to have next, TS3.5 could be this 64-bit redo of the game we here on this section of the forum love so much, and the customer could choose one or hopefully both as they would in the end still be completely different games. They could even be part of the same product so as not to further divide the customer base. When we start a new game, we could be asked if we want to use the 3.5 or the 5.0 game engine. Yeah, I'm a real dreamer when I put my mind to it. :)

In the realm of reality I would love to see a TS3.5 64 bit redo offered not only digitally but in disk form as well. I would not consider it unreasonable for it to be offered at a discount for existing TS3 players, whether they play digitally or still use a disk install.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I'd rather see Sims 1 Complete Collection remastered. Great soundtrack,good graphics and lots to do-I think older Sims fans and newer generations would both enjoy a remastered Sims 1.

This seems more likely to be remastered than later iterations. Crash Bandicoot came out in 1996, which is the first installation in the series. I don't see why a company would remaster a mid-series game, that people are still playing, over a much older game that probably very few play but reminisce about.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Pary wrote: »

Hahaha ... Sims 4 : Get Cankles

@Pary OMGOSH! :joy::joy::joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    The Error 12's are what make me want a 64-bit remastered Sims 3 for me. Along with the looooooooong loading times.

I've been playing Sims 4 recently, and it takes less than 5 minutes to get from launching the game to playing my sims. While in Sims 3 it can take 15-20 minutes.

I NEVER got Error 12s playing The Sims 3 and I just have a mid-range computer. But I've got news for you - there are solutions published for it a LONG time ago so this is not even a real problem. If you're still getting them when there are well-known, very simple and easy fixes for it, then the problem is not the game, is it?

I don't mind the loading time - it only happens at the beginning and less so when traveling to another world. I just do other stuff, like make snacks or something. Don't you? I mean, you don't just sit there staring at the screen waiting for the game to load, right? Right?!?? The tons of loading screens in TS4 are much more annoying because it's DURING gameplay and just breaks the flow. It forces its players to keep their sims in one lot and not utilize the entire playing area - which isn't much to begin with! Also, there's nowhere near as much gameplay in TS4, so yeah, it should load up faster at the start.

-=<*>=-

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread - in regard to a TS3 Remastered Edition, I don't want it. I'm pretty happy with the way The Sims 3 is. I think it is pretty amazing considering this was Maxis' first effort on a huge open world that not only tracked stats and events of your own sims - but those of all the townspeople as well! All without loading screens!

I want EA to put all their concentrated effort on the development of The Sims 5 and make it an even better open world game with even more quality content than ever before. I did buy some games to tie me over in addition to my TS3 until The Sims 5 comes out, but if EA does an amazing job of making TS5 open world and fully customizable by its players, I will readily throw all my money EA!

A new feature to add to the The Sims 5 wishlist: I really loved that the devs added water and beach activities in TS3 (thank you SO MUCH to whichever devs came up with that!) and I hope to see that expanded on more in TS5, but I'm hoping that they also add FLYING. I just saw a Let's Play of Far Cry 4 on YouTube that had all sorts of aircraft and other contraptions for flying! It was amazing and breath-taking flying over the island!
    @ClarionOfJoy Yes, this is why I was really disappointed when the balloon appeared to just teleport. I’d have hoped that it would really float through the sky. Still don’t really understand why they didn’t do that but maybe there was a technical reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2019
    I still have yet to play The Sims 3. (Not against it, just haven't gotten to it.) If I am ever going to play, I'd prefer a re-mastered version to the original. But then, I'd also want it to exist by materializing out of nowhere and taking zero time and resources away from new packs for Sims 4 and the production of Sims 5. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy Yes, this is why I was really disappointed when the balloon appeared to just teleport. I’d have hoped that it would really float through the sky. Still don’t really understand why they didn’t do that but maybe there was a technical reason.

@JoAnne65 Right!? :neutral: That hot air balloon was a major disappointment to me!

Sent my Sims into it fully expecting them to take off and we'd see the buildings down below like in Map View, only a little closer. ;) I was bracing myself for this new, awesome addition to my game!
    Nope.
    It went up like 10 Sim feet and just sat there. :neutral: I literally thought something was wrong... I reset the balloon and even the lot but the same thing happened. Told my fellow Sim friends about it and they were like, Yeeeeaah that's just how the balloon works. :confused: And they shared my disappointment in it.

I'm sure it very much was a technical thing but... Why does part of me think they used it to get you all excited to buy the world? :confused:

Anyway, carry on in the original conversation my friends. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I agree! It even just pops up where it's suppose to be - it doesn't even glide to the location in map view. Hopefully since newer games have the ability to fly, maybe the devs will incorporate that technology into The Sims 5. Then, they can add in all types of flying: single-engine airplanes, simple engine helicopters, wind gliders (over land and sea), dragons (not the cute tiny ones that sit on your shoulder like in TS3 - I want big ones you can climb on and fly!), Pegasus, etc. etc. And then we can design and manage our own AIRPORTS!!!

emorrill wrote: »

@JoAnne65 Right!? :neutral: That hot air balloon was a major disappointment to me!

I'm sure it very much was a technical thing but... Why does part of me think they used it to get you all excited to buy the world? :confused:

Anyway, carry on in the original conversation my friends. :)

If that was their ploy to get me to buy Aurora Skies, it worked on me! So I know how you both felt when I tried the balloon out. I do like that world though - it is so pretty and has stuff I use on my sims and other worlds.