Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - REMASTERED

Old beloved games such as Crash Bandicoot and several others have been remastered and brought back for newer generations and the old. What if rather than Sims 5, they remaster sims 3? Updated graphics and a few changes here and there but the same features.

Comments

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'd rather just have them add 64-bit support and fix the stability issues of the existing Sims 3 than pay for something we already bought but with a fresh coat of paint, tbh

Except for some people the old look and feel of sims 3 is not worth going back to. Im huge on graphics. And I also dislike the sliders/create a sim mechanic in sims 3, I think it could use some revapming. It would be fun I think to update that game.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'd rather see Sims 1 Complete Collection remastered. Great soundtrack,good graphics and lots to do-I think older Sims fans and newer generations would both enjoy a remastered Sims 1.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, if it were more than a basic remaster with high res textures and updated graphics, I'd say it would be alright, but that's encroaching remake territory, which is a bit different from a simple remaster. At that point, I'd rather have a Sims 5 than a slightly remade TS3. It's just that I have different priorities :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Old beloved games such as Crash Bandicoot and several others have been remastered and brought back for newer generations and the old. What if rather than Sims 5, they remaster sims 3? Updated graphics and a few changes here and there but the same features.

No I'd rather get a new sims game however I'm in no hurry to see Sims 4 End. Now what I'd love to see is Origin make Sims 3 64 bit compatible in an Update. It would run so much better.
    edited January 2019

No I'd rather get a new sims game however I'm in no hurry to see Sims 4 End. Now what I'd love to see is Origin make Sims 3 64 bit compatible in an Update. It would run so much better.

Im not in a hurry either. I will be playing Sims 4 , for at least another 10 years. I own and will continue to buy all the Sims 4 games.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    If the remastered version will include all DLC at a reasonable price of BELOW $100, I'd consider buying it... but I definitely will not repurchase The Sims 3 if I need to also repurchase the DLC again. We're talking hundreds of dollars worth of content.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Faugh. The last thing I want is "Sims 3: The Facelift".
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no I would much prefer to see the sims5 but not rushing
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I would be happy with a playable The Sims 3. Dont need no graphics remaster, just a freaking playable game, without 1934832 bugs and lags all the time
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hope they don’t touch it. I mean yeah 64 bit would be nice but sims 3 updates have always been a bit sketchy so much so I run my game off disc to avoid the 1.69 patch. My game runs great, sims 4 on the other hand has more bugs than flies round dirt.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    The idea is tempting. Perhaps if the remastering occurred by select group of mod fans who could also fix all of the bugs that plagued that beloved game of mine. I'm not sure that I would trust the current development team over ts4 to successfully complete such a delicate task. Taking care of the ts4's bugs and gameplay seems more than challenging enough for them.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The Sims in Sims 3 don't look right to me. I only have to see pictures of them here and shudder. Sorry.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I agree with what someone else said. I would much rather have an Sims 1 HD remake :) or complete collection:)
    Simburian wrote: »
    The Sims in Sims 3 don't look right to me. I only have to see pictures of them here and shudder. Sorry.

Yeah they are the worst :D Very creepy doll @Simburian But im thinking with some updated graphics it would be better.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    If any iteration got a remaster, I would want it to be TS2. Either way, I feel the best direction to move the series in is forward, with a new base game that is improved from all of the predecessors.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    If any iteration got a remaster, I would want it to be TS2. Either way, I feel the best direction to move the series in is forward, with a new base game that is improved from all of the predecessors.

Nothing could compare with the excitement of playing "The Sims" for the first time when it first came out because I had nothing to complain about and only lurked in the news forums at the time and didn't get my enthusiasm dashed. I downloaded CC galore at great expense as my monthly internet charges were £30 in 2001...a lot of money then.

If a combination of all three could repeat these first sensations for me I would be delighted. Every iteration after added some new delights and removed others but I agree that Sims 2 was the one I most enjoyed before 4. Sims 3 with World Adventures I enjoyed but it went downhill from there, (except for the building objects).
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    As this is a Sims 3 related discussion, Sims 4 Rumors/Speculations isn't the best fit. That in mind, I've moved it to Sims 3 general, but feel free to continue discussing the possibility of a Sims 3 remaster. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For those ‘shuddering’, that goes to show we all shudder over different things.

I wouldn’t pay for the very same game, not a chance. I’m more than fine with how Sims 3 looks so for me that’s just not an argument to do so. I’m only interested if they make a brand new game worth investing in. Looks wise Sims 3 wins over Sims 4 already for me (Sims 4 doesn’t make me shudder but I’m never amazed either, in 3 I often am). But looks aren’t what makes me putting down Sims 4 over and over again after a few sessions. And looks aren’t the reason I keep opening Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

64-bit game engine with sims that look like like TS4 sims in a TS3 open world would actually be pretty awesome. TS3 has SO much content in it that a remaster of the engine so it performs better would be wonderful especially if it included making things also look better.
    Not going to happen, but it's nice to dream.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    We have had several detailed discussions on this subject that started here on the TS3 forum board by fans and other enthusiasts of the game, so thankfully without all the overhead of creeped-out shuddering comments from those who don't now nor ever liked the game in the first place or those who declare it totally unplayable or unenjoyable for whatever reasons.

TS3 does not need a 64-bit scaffolding slapped around it because that would just stop some of the resource overload crashes (and Error 12s). It won't help the overworked and over-extended game engine perform any better, things worldwide (townwide) will still fall apart if the original 32-bit designed engine is not redone from scratch to take into account the expanded features that greater, and I mean much greater, resource allocation would allow for. If TS3 were really ever to be improved upon by EA, it would need to be reprogrammed entirely as a proper 64-bit program, one that could potentially use more than 800 MB of video memory (vram) because that particular limit is very 2009, and potentially more than two processor cores. Although such is not out of the realm of possibility in an otherwise infinite universe, not sure I am seeing EA spending all of that time, attention, and development effort on the game in the future. But of course no one else can do this but EA because the game is theirs and it's not open sourced, it is a proprietary still being sold program.

In the realm of fantasy though, I wouldn't mind seeing a split in the product line. TS5 could be whatever else it is EA thinks we need to have next, TS3.5 could be this 64-bit redo of the game we here on this section of the forum love so much, and the customer could choose one or hopefully both as they would in the end still be completely different games. They could even be part of the same product so as not to further divide the customer base. When we start a new game, we could be asked if we want to use the 3.5 or the 5.0 game engine. Yeah, I'm a real dreamer when I put my mind to it. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2019
    Meh I'd personally rather have a new sims game (like sims 5) than a remastered version. However, it would be nice if EA could update TS3 and get rid of the many bugs that still remain for us players who still play it. Ahh if only...
    Post edited by FabBunny on
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2019
    What I'd like to see is EA listening to its customers and going back to what made Sims a great franchise: progression from closed world to open world and the ability for players to direct their own game instead of going from directed goal to directed goal. Remastering Sims 3, like @igazor said just slaps a new layer of spackle over the same problems and to make the Sims 3 a true 64bit game would take a complete reprogramming over the game architecture.

I hope that EA takes a good hard look at Steam's Sims 3 sales numbers and deduces why the Sims 4 is taking such a hard hit while Sims 3 sales are surging again and really understand what it was that made Sims 3 good and take that knowledge into the designing of Sims 5. NO MORE SHORTCUTS.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2019
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Is there any evidence that sims 4 sales are taking a hit? Because the last news I heard it was going great. I did create this thread for just the sake of conversation, but Im actually a sims 4 fan anyday over sims 3 :D
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited January 2019
    @TheHarbinger_51 I got ya The Sims series sales. The Sims 4 is doing well, you're correct. The reason,in my opinion, is because publishers across the board are reporting a record breaking year for DLC and microtransactions. While there is now less people participating in the sims series it would appear people are doing things like buying their expansions to their expansions despite that 2018 was also a year that it seemed the outcry against these practices was the loudest. Even I payed full price for that silly baker set in the sims 3 in 2018. I think Nickei_simmer was pointing out that there are less people participating.

On your topic of a remaster, what I want mostly is an Ultimate version and for them to let GoG take over and sell it through their market place because they take care of old games. It's part of their guarantee that it will run or you get your money back. EA has done it before. Examples would be Dragon Age: Origins, Dead Space, Sim City 3000.