Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add/Subtract days from a sim?

Is there a way to do that? I was checking the days until two of my sims age up, and I'm so confused. Even though the little brother was born in game, he is about to age up sooner than his older brother. Can someone please tell me how does that even happen? lol

But what I really want to know is, is there a cheat to add or subtract days until they age? I don't want to start the younger brother over at the beginning of childhood, but I also don't want him aging up sooner than his brother. I edited my aging so the older brother will age up in 18 days to a teen, but the younger brother will age up in 7 days.
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    No cheats for aging in terms of days, just overall lifestages. If you are willing to use mods, MCCC lets you freeze aging on individual sims of your choice. What I would do is freeze aging for the one who should be younger using MCCC until enough days have passed that he is where he should be, then I'd unfreeze him.

Without mods, I think your only option is to revert him all the way to the start of his lifestage. Then use a birthday cake to age him up when you get to the point where he should age. Birthday cakes can be used to age up a sim at ANY time, you don't have to wait until they are at the end of their lifestage.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Okay, I will poke around in MCCC and look for that. I have never used that option before so I have no clue as to where it is. lol Thanks for the tip though!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's under Sim Flags, @Goldenbuffy. Click the Sim, select MC Command, then Sim Flags->MC Command Center->Flag for no aging

Then once you want him to start aging again, repeat the process except select "Clear Flags"->Flag for no aging for the last part.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Thanks! I foudn it. Now I just have to remember to turn int back on after his brother ages up.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Those flags cheats are lifesavers! I had to do the same in my Adlers, the parents were about to be elders (somehow their age bars got really messed up) and their children were still in the kids stage and one teen. I did not want that scenario! So now they are on frozen age standby for a while.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I recently found cheats to add or subtract days from my sim. First you'll need this mod by twistedmexi for the cheats to work. https://www.patreon.com/posts/cheats-fix-get-19645059

Then Adjust Days
    You can specify a positive or negative number to adjust the age bar (start small and test)

sims.age_add_progress #
    That command won't automatically update your age bar so you have to use this after:

sims.request_age_progress_update
    The age bar will update but it will take a few minutes before the "days until age up" number is correct.

I've tried this in my game to fix the order of my sims ages, and it works. :)
  • Options
    @Evie0602, thanks so much!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Evie0602 - This is wonderful! I haven't seen this cheat before, and is now a must-have since it seems the age-thru-CAS bug is back amongst us, given certain circumstances. This works incredibly well as a reset so many many thanks for this!! :smiley:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    There is a mod to fix the aging bug, btw:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/casagingfix-22793941
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    I'm not having the CAS aging bug, but thanks for that link too!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It's under Sim Flags, @Goldenbuffy. Click the Sim, select MC Command, then Sim Flags->MC Command Center->Flag for no aging

Then once you want him to start aging again, repeat the process except select "Clear Flags"->Flag for no aging for the last part.

Thanks, I will use your tip to keep my half-Vulcan from aging too fast. I was just going to age him back down to the beginning of Adult, but I like your suggestion better. :) There is still so very much I need to learn about this fantastic mod!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    coolbluesimscoolbluesims Posts: 3 New Member
    It can also be done via MCCC. Click on Sim > Sim Commands > Set Age > Set Days in Age Span
    "Set the current days of progression into the Sim's current age-span. Note that this will not change days lived, only age progress!"
    I wanted to add this here because I had been looking for this info also but later found out it was already part of MCCC.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I just thought I'd add a possible solution for people seeing this thread that don't use mods, give the younger brother a youth potion and their teenage lifestate will reset to the beginning of that age. Then you can either wait for him to age up normally or age him up using the cake some time after the older brother's birthday.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    MCCC now has this option under maintain sim-set age. (Set days in lifespan)
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, it's awesome that you've provided some solutions for this. Considering this thread has gotten pretty inactive I'm going to go ahead and close the thread off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top