Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Sims Learning Skills So Quickly?

So it's not really an issue per se, more of an interesting occurrence that I am curious about. Basically, my sim's children are learning skills FAST. I mean, within less than a sim- hour, it's crazy. They are vampires (which I am aware learn skills slightly fast at nighttime) and they do have the relevant traits to the skills they are learning (virtuoso for the guitar, genius for the logic skill etc) but I still do not understand why they are learning the skills at warp speed. One of my sims mastered the logic skill within a sim-hour and another mastered the guitar skill within a sim-hour. It's slightly annoying because it makes the whole process of a sim learning a skill redundant. I have no mods installed and have only had this 'issue' in this game. I'd say it is a glitch due to a game corruption but everything else seems fine and perfectly normal. Is it just the fact my sims are the product of two vampire parents and have traits relevant to the skill which makes learning it a whole lot quicker? Or are my sims secretly taking something I do not know about...? ;)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    This is only happening with vamps? I have mods in play (no big surprise there) to fix the skilling rate bugs that exist in the game. In particular, that would be NRaas Overwatch and ErrorTrap.

But even then, I find that vampires tend to skill insanely fast at night, not just slightly faster. Not sure this is really a bug, and adding the skill-helping traits to the mix is only going increase the gain rates. It doesn't matter how a vamp became one or whether one or both parents are, in TS3 except for Aliens there are no partial occults. A sim is either a vampire or they aren't. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This is only happening with vamps? I have mods in play (no big surprise there) to fix the skilling rate bugs that exist in the game. In particular, that would be NRaas Overwatch and ErrorTrap.

But even then, I find that vampires tend to skill insanely fast at night, not just slightly faster. Not sure this is really a bug, and adding the skill-helping traits to the mix is only going increase the gain rates. It doesn't matter how a vamp became one or whether one or both parents are, in TS3 except for Aliens there are no partial occults. A sim is either a vampire or they aren't. :)

Yes, this is only happening with vamps which is why I am convinced it's not a glitch. I was already aware of vampires learning skills very fast, but I had a sim learning the charisma skill (she also had the charismatic trait) and when she used the mirror at night to work on her skill it still wouldn't be as fast as her children.

It's kinda funny. One of the sons is a teen and has already completed his lifetime wish: To master the guitar, piano, bass and drums! I guess I can just say he's a child prodigy! ;)
    tenor.gif
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    @igazor I have also just noticed that one of the sims is advancing through the nerd social group really quickly, too. Is this also an effect of being a vampire in the sims?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    FabBunny wrote: »
    @igazor I have also just noticed that one of the sims is advancing through the nerd social group really quickly, too. Is this also an effect of being a vampire in the sims?
    I've never noticed that effect, but it seems plausible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2019
    I think post nr 11 in this thread could perhaps explain the different impression of speed between the two of you: :smile:

http://modthesims.info/t/425620

I have read lots of posts reporting that the speed is faster the longer the vampire lives, if that state can be applied to such a supernatural state; and some reporting this happening to the social group skill too. Some skills seem unaffected: fishing gardening, cooking, handiness, also by reports.

GameplayData.package XML 'OccultVampire' states their skill gain modifier rate as twice as fast as ordinary, by intent, for skill categories: 'artistic', 'creative', 'mental', 'musical', 'physical'.

For instance: Charisma is artistic, Guitar 'creative' and 'musical', Logic 'mental', Dancing 'physical', and the ones not showing any particulary faster skill gain rate are not assigned a category, in 'Skills' XML; InfluenceNerd (EP 9 UL) is in 'mental', just the right place.

Edit: wrong word
    Post edited by Auroraskies on