Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we ever get unrequited love in this game?

jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
This seems like a very basic, everyday thing that has been overlooked for years. A romance GP would really save this game for me...

So yeah, unrequitted love. One sim falls in love with another, while the other sim either doesn't know about it or doesn't feel the same. Fantastic for stories, gameplay, etc.

Sims team, pretty please consider adding this feature.

PS. I'm not looking for mods (I'm sure there are some), I would like this added to the game officially :)
Post edited by jooxis on

Comments

• idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    Never thought about this, it's a very good idea and adds realism to the game. I've always thought of how annoying it is that with a little effort you can pretty much marry anyone in the game - seems unrealistic to me.
  • MellissaMellissa Posts: 1 New Member
    Love this idea :) especially for teens gameplay!
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    In one of my saves, I have a MCCC situation where the long-time love interest of my sim keeps getting married to other sims and it kind of plays out like unrequited love. She convinced him to leave his first spouse, then a few days later he got married to someone else even though he was still asking my sim out on dates and they had twins together :# Of course they have a mutual romance bar so it's not the same thing, but I've enjoyed making a more complex storyline out of it. Anyways not suggesting a mod, just sharing!
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    An attraction system could make this work.

Like, if Sim A was super attracted to Sim B (maybe you could pick their turn ons and turn offs like in the sims 2) and Sim B was less attracted so Sim A, Sim B's romance meter would go up slower than Sim A's.

Love wouldn't be impossible, but it would take more time to win Sim B over.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    February is coming it be nice to get something like this in time for V day
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    TBH the game could do with a whole pack dedicated to relationships.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    This has happened in one of my games. The protagonist Sim, Paul Nice, hit it off with Summer Holiday when she showed up on the Welcome Wagon. They couldn't stop chatting, the friendship bar increased quickly and they even started flirting with each other. On subsequent days Paul would invite Summer over to hang out, they got on well, they flirted and the little pink romance bar started to increase. But whenever Paul tried to move the romance along, Summer would always shy away. She'd get embarrassed and awkward whenever Paul asked if she was single, or if he used a pick-up line or blew a kiss. I gave up trying to woo Summer...I guess she only really has eyes for Travis.
  • ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    I've been waiting for something like that as well.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've been wanting this and any kind of one-sided relationship for soooo long. Not just for romance: perhaps two sims are good friends but one of them secretly hates them for some reason; you could tell so many good stories with this.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited December 2018
    In one of my saves, I have a MCCC situation where the long-time love interest of my sim keeps getting married to other sims and it kind of plays out like unrequited love. She convinced him to leave his first spouse, then a few days later he got married to someone else even though he was still asking my sim out on dates and they had twins together :# Of course they have a mutual romance bar so it's not the same thing, but I've enjoyed making a more complex storyline out of it. Anyways not suggesting a mod, just sharing!

Yeah, MCCC does a great job breaking sims up, if anything. I had two sims that I wanted to marry, they were soulmates and everything, but when I switched households for a bit I got a notification that not only did one of the sims marry someone else, he got that random sim pregnant as well. I was upset, but I just rolled with it.

It's not the same as "official" unrequited love, but when I went to play him and his new pregnant wife, his ex kept calling constantly. It was actually pretty sad.

But I would love it if EA added something that could mimic this and have their romance/friendship bar differ. It seems like such a simple addition.
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I would love this too, a romance game pack would be great. I wish Sims could propose or even ask to be boy/girlfriend and it pop up for you to choose yes or no.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    This would be wonderful, as the game plays right now...no one is out of your league. I remember, I believe it was the first Sims trying my best to snag Mortimer Goth(had no clue about money cheats and needed his money bad) lol, it took forever to get him..if there was more variables that would be awesome!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like this for some stories but not for others.. so as long as there could be a buyable trait/potion or some other means available for sims to become irresistible I'd be in. It could get irritating fast if all the sims if the sims you have now .. half of them suddenly don't like the mate you set up for them. Suddenly Bella and Mortimer just don't do it for each other ect...
    It could be pretty funny also but whew can you imagine the complaints?
    egTcBMc.png
  • tasha053109tasha053109 Posts: 18 Member
    That's a great idea. It would make the game more realistic too !
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Thing is, we're all shallow, aren't we? I bet not many of us actually have ugly sims in our game. And the gallery is full of "hot" sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yep we need an overhaul on relationships.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I think this would be a really interesting feature, but only if done correctly. Just imagine if a feature like that went rampant and altered every romantic relationship in the game, or even worse, made it impossible to have two sims the player wants together to fall for one another. :anguished: As someone else mentioned, it may make a better reward trait. Although, while I know nothing about game coding and design, I wonder if it could work as a system that could be triggered by the player's input either through CAS or in the pie menu via the shift + click cheat? That, at least, would give us more control over our games.

Now, I have had some sims have a stronger romance bar for their partner than their partner does for them, but it's pretty rare and has only happened in my game if I play from just one sim's perspective. I do think it'd be really cool to see entirely one-sided love, as you said, OP; where one sim may barely know another or not know them at all while the other is completely in love with them. There's so many story opportunities there! And just imagine if your sim could receive anonymous love letters from them or small clues here and there that indicate the identity of the sim who has fallen for them? That would add so much dimension to the romance department!

A romance pack that fleshes out this area, adds reputation and more realistic consequences to cheating, new interactions, and possibly even new wedding items has been something I've wanted for a long time now. Hopefully we'll see something like this in the new year! :smiley:
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I think this would be a really interesting feature, but only if done correctly. Just imagine if a feature like that went rampant and altered every romantic relationship in the game, or even worse, made it impossible to have two sims the player wants together to fall for one another.

Nah, don't think they'd ever do it like that. It should work like the attraction system. It could even be toggleable just like a sim's autonomy is. Maybe even add to that a trait that makes sims fall in love easily (there are people like that) and a trait that makes sims very unlikely to ever fall in love (there are people like that as well) etc.