Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we get the newest update from pc?

When will we get the update they have new holiday items and after Christmas we won't want to use them anymore and I don't see why we can't get the updates at the same time if they just plan ahead with Microsoft and Sony

Comments

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I was also wondering if and when console would be receiving the new free content update...
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    But I agree with @Bluebirddevil5970 , whats the point in a free holiday content updated being released after the holiday has passed.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yeah you can do Christmas anytime in sims but people will want it more around christmas time I don't see why they can't do updates for pc and co some at the same time
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2018
    They might as well release it in Winter of 19 because a lot of this holiday stuff can be used anytime of the year plus the smart speaker comes in this update plus the new teen celeb clothing. The smart speaker shouldn't bring the dreaded Error 102 to the console version. I asked Nick about that and he said they will make sure console don't get that bug once the smart speaker gets in.

The big November Patch that fixed a lot of bugs on pc will probabley come first then the holiday update will be the next one.
    What's 'Error 102', @catloverplayer ?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Would that be the "Get Famous" pack?
    2quwd7.gif

_natalie wrote: »
    What's 'Error 102', @catloverplayer ?

It won't let you travel off your home lot. Fortuanly that Emergency Patch fixed that. The Smart Speaker that came with the Dec Update caused it.
    Would that be the "Get Famous" pack?

No they mean the Dec Update that came out on PC.
  • Trippey_DTrippey_D Posts: 25 Member
    It's been confirmed sometime within the past week that there will be no update for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac or Console for the month of january.
    We're two Updates behind.

The big November Update that had a lot of bug fixes and the December Update with the Holiday Content and Lyd Smart Speaker. I really want that smart speaker in the console version.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Didn't the smart speaker have issues?
    Yeah but was fixed we were doing so well with console and now they have went down hill again I know they are working hard but they seem to be only doing it for pc
    @Bluebirddevil5970 It does seem that way, doesn't it. I would have preferred a better balance of patches to packs last year... I mean we, as conole players, are swimming in glitches. And, before anyone cares to comment, I know some of those glitches are still on the pc but nowhere near as much and don't forget pc players have mods that can act well as fixes for some of those glitches.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Didn't the smart speaker have issues?

It did but they fixed it with an emergency patch. Nick assured me that won't happen when it comes to the consoles.
    Something else will happen instead there's an update a week before the packs comes out it will fix alot of bugs but the pack will create new ones why don't they do the update after the pack comes out it seems better
    When will we get the update they have new holiday items and after Christmas we won't want to use them anymore and I don't see why we can't get the updates at the same time if they just plan ahead with Microsoft and Sony

Well Legacy says we have an Update Coming in February before GF releases so we'll see.
    Something else will happen instead there's an update a week before the packs comes out it will fix alot of bugs but the pack will create new ones why don't they do the update after the pack comes out it seems better

They have to do it before so they can make it compatible with the pack releasing.