Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Role-play - Castaway

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Victoria hears the commotion and runs over to the kid.

Victoria: Hey! Hey, calm down. What's your name, kiddo?

*Gema hangs back*
    *Marie stays with Valerie*

Valerie: *quietly* "My youngest brother's about that kid's age."

*Marie doesn't know how to reply so she nods.*

Valerie: "Now that I think about it, you're about my other brother's age too." *smiles* "More down-to-earth than he is though."

Marie: *blinks* Did she just say 'down to Earth?' I've never been called that before. How?

Valerie: "How?" *thinks for a moment* "Well, we haven't known each other for long, but you don't seem like the type who would think you're better than others just because you're you. My brother's ego's gotten to his head since Dad gave the house to him."

Marie: Did your dad give you a house?

Valerie: "No." *frowns, looks like she's thinking of a lot of past memories* Because he got a son, and nothing else matters when you've got a son.

Marie: Why not? Didn't you ask for one?

Valerie: “Dad said I would inherit the house, but then Jared was born so those plans changed.”

Marie: Why?

Valerie: *looks a little bittersweet* "Because I wasn't what he wanted."

Marie: *Thinks for a minute* This is very puzzling. Why?

Valerie: *surprised by the why, thinks for a moment at how to explain* "I don't what your world is like, but sometimes in mine...boys are favoured over girls. It's not like that anymore with a lot of folks, but my Dad is a little uh, 'traditional." to herself: and hasn't left the island since he married Mum

Valerie: "Wish, I knew, kid. Wish I knew." *kicks at a rock*

Marie: *Copies. Gets into a nice rhythm of kicking*

Valerie: *watches Marie kicking rocks* "Y'know what? We should build a fire pit with some of these stones. We're gonna need to cook and keep ourselves warm at night."

Marie: Okay. *Waits for Valerie to give her instructions*
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: "Now that I think about it, you're about my other brother's age too." *smiles* "More down-to-earth than he is though."

Marie: *blinks* Did she just say 'down to Earth?' I've never been called that before. How?

Valerie: "How?" *thinks for a moment* "Well, we haven't known each other for long, but you don't seem like the type who would think you're better than others just because you're you. My brother's ego's gotten to his head since Dad gave the house to him."

Valerie: "No." *frowns, looks like she's thinking of a lot of past memories* Because he got a son, and nothing else matters when you've got a son.

Valerie: “Dad said I would inherit the house, but then Jared was born so those plans changed.”

Valerie: *surprised by the why, thinks for a moment at how to explain* "I don't what your world is like, but sometimes in mine...boys are favoured over girls. It's not like that anymore with a lot of folks, but my Dad is a little uh, 'traditional." to herself: and hasn't left the island since he married Mum

Valerie: *watches Marie kicking rocks* "Y'know what? We should build a fire pit with some of these stones. We're gonna need to cook and keep ourselves warm at night."

Valerie: "Okay, so this is what we're gonna do..." *explains how to build a fire pit to Marie, and then Valerie gets to work*

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: "Okay, so this is what we're gonna do..." *explains how to build a fire pit to Marie, and then Valerie gets to work*
    Marie: *Still not sure what to do. Hangs around awkwardly*
    edited November 2019

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: "Here, just do what I'm doing." *building campfire pit (like collecting and arranging stones and stuff)*

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: "Here, just do what I'm doing." *building campfire pit (like collecting and arranging stones and stuff)*

Marie: *watches Valerie closely, chewing on her chewy necklace to calm her nerves*

*Gema hangs back*

Marie: *watches Valerie closely, chewing on her chewy necklace to calm her nerves*

Valerie: *grabs a rock. Probably weighs a couple pounds* “We’re gonna make a circle of these rocks.”

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: *grabs a rock. Probably weighs a couple pounds* “We’re gonna make a circle of these rocks.”

Marie: *picks up a rock and copies Valerie*

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: *places rocks with Marie until they complete a circle that could safely contain a small fire*

“There! That’s pretty much it. Just need some firewood. We can gather up some later.”

*Gema hangs back*

Valerie: *places rocks with Marie until they complete a circle that could safely contain a small fire*

“There! That’s pretty much it. Just need some firewood. We can gather up some later.”

Marie: Okay. *She stars at the circle of rocks, wondering what they do*

Valerie: "Have you ever had a campfire on the beach?"

*Marie nods*

*Marie nods*

Valerie: “Ah, good. Was starting to get worried that you guys hadn’t ever been outside.” *being sarcastic, but Valerie also tends to forget most folks don’t live like her family does*
  • FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    *IVy gets up and runs around the island in a strange pattern, climbing on trees and being crazy.*
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Victoria runs after Ivy, yelling at her to stop being so crazy.

Victoria: Ivy! Stop it! *begins yelling in rapid spanish*
    funny-gifs20.gif

Victoria runs after Ivy, yelling at her to stop being so crazy.

Victoria: Ivy! Stop it! *begins yelling in rapid spanish*

Gema: *watching all this dumbstruck*

*Marie nods*

Valerie: “Ah, good. Was starting to get worried that you guys hadn’t ever been outside.” *being sarcastic, but Valerie also tends to forget most folks don’t live like her family does*

Marie: Why of course! Im a member of the scouts. *Says proudly*
    Ivy stops in her tracks.
    "Why? I just wanna get some Co-co-nuts! This is an island, theres coconuts, right? IS THERE NOT COCONUTS!? ARE WE GONNA DIE?!"
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Victoria switches back to English: No, we're not going to die. Those aren't coconut trees, and I'm allergic to coconuts anyways. go help Valerie and Marie build a firepit while I look for some food.
    funny-gifs20.gif

She runs over to Valerie and Marie. "What can i do to help?"
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

Marie: *blinks and stares but avoids the eyes*
    "What? Im getting bored here..." She picks up a shell off the ground and shines it off. She drops it back into the sand.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

"What? Im getting bored here..." She picks up a shell off the ground and shines it off. She drops it back into the sand.

Valerie: *confused, and perhaps even a little irked by Ivy's boredom* "Well, we've pretty much finished the fire pit for now. We'll probably collect some firewood in a bit." *thinks for a moment, and then looks at Marie* "I think the next most important things is securing the shelter and perhaps finding a water source and something to eat, or possibly cook."

Valerie: *confused, and perhaps even a little irked by Ivy's boredom* "Well, we've pretty much finished the fire pit for now. We'll probably collect some firewood in a bit." *thinks for a moment, and then looks at Marie* "I think the next most important things is securing the shelter and perhaps finding a water source and something to eat, or possibly cook."

*Marie fidgets*
    *Gema comes over to the group. Notice's Marie's discomfort.*
    Gema: Hey, Marie, maybe you can go look around. See if there's anything suspicious.
    *Marie, grateful, nods and heads into the forest for some alone time*

*Marie fidgets*
    Gema: Hey, Marie, maybe you can go look around. See if there's anything suspicious.

Valerie: *waves goodbye to Marie, and then speaks to Gema* "Will she be alright?"

*Marie fidgets*

Valerie: *waves goodbye to Marie, and then speaks to Gema* "Will she be alright?"

Gema: Yeah. She gets overwhelmed sometimes when there's lots of things going on.