Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Role-play - Castaway

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Moana leads them into the forest, and after some time, they come across a place resembling the spot where Harper died (if you remember that, that was a LONG time ago), but not exactly the same. First of all, there are no blood stains. Moana gathers the coconuts, then instructs the others to perform the ritual that she explained a while back and I have forgotten.

Moana: Keep chanting!

Once they've finished, two stones slide apart and up comes a pillar with a book on it titled:
    Mea Hānai Waʻa A Me Ka Pōhaku O Ka Mea Kilokilo

(This means Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone in Hawaiian- I just needed a long title. Also, I probably butchered the punctuation, cause I just used Google Translate)

Moana runs up and grabs the book, and holds it up into the light.

Moana: It's the real thing. I've gotten you a way off this wretched island.
    Gema: really? How?
    Marie: What's the book?

Moana: Well, you have to translate the riddle from chapter 16 into French and then read it backwards. That's how you get off the island. But first, let's leave this place, it's... eerie.

Gema: *Whispers to Marie* Is she feeling well?
    Marie: *Shrugs* Okay, err... lead the way.

Moana: I can hear you. Mermaids have excellent hearing.

Moana covers her mouth and quickly says,

Moana: Um... just... ignore that. Come on, this way!

She starts walking quickly, and they reach camp faster than it took to get to the grave site. Moana immedietly sits down and starts translating the riddle.

Gema: Wait..... you're a mermaid?

Moana: Y- no! No! Of course not! Why would I be a mermaid?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Moana leads them into the forest, and after some time, they come across a place resembling the spot where Harper died (if you remember that, that was a LONG time ago), but not exactly the same. First of all, there are no blood stains. Moana gathers the coconuts, then instructs the others to perform the ritual that she explained a while back and I have forgotten.

Once they've finished, two stones slide apart and up comes a pillar with a book on it titled:

(This means Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone in Hawaiian- I just needed a long title. Also, I probably butchered the punctuation, cause I just used Google Translate)

Moana: Well, you have to translate the riddle from chapter 16 into French and then read it backwards. That's how you get off the island. But first, let's leave this place, it's... eerie.

She starts walking quickly, and they reach camp faster than it took to get to the grave site. Moana immedietly sits down and starts translating the riddle.

Gema:... is this... Sulani? *suddenly realising the familiar surroundings of this island*
  • Options

Gema:... is this... Sulani? *suddenly realising the familiar surroundings of this island*

Moana: No, Sulani is about a thousand miles southwest of here. If this was Sulani it would be filled with tourists!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited August 2019

Moana: No, Sulani is about a thousand miles southwest of here. If this was Sulani it would be filled with tourists!

Gema: that's not how I remember it...
    Marie: but you were in the magic realm.
    Gema: what's the difference?
    Marie: you were in the hidden part. The one the mermaids live.
  • Options

Moana is grateful that the talk of her being a mermaid has passed and she continues translating the book.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Moana is grateful that the talk of her being a mermaid has passed and she continues translating the book.

Gema: Ay! You know of a certain mermaid named Arielle?
    Marie: *face palms* She obviously doesn't want us to know she's a mermaid, so why on Odin's beard, would she admit to knowing Arielle?
    Gema: Well, she's Moana. I should think she knows many fairytale princesses. So she doesn't have to admit she's a mermaid to admit to knowing of an 'Arielle'
    Marie: *Lightens up* Ohhh! Hey, you know of an Esmeralda? She's our Grandmother. :smiley:
  • Options

Marie: *face palms* She obviously doesn't want us to know she's a mermaid, so why on Odin's beard, would she admit to knowing Arielle?
    Gema: Well, she's Moana. I should think she knows many fairytale princesses. So she doesn't have to admit she's a mermaid to admit to knowing of an 'Arielle'
    Marie: *Lightens up* Ohhh! Hey, you know of an Esmeralda? She's our Grandmother. :smiley:

Moana facepalms and says,

Moana: You two both need to grow up a little bit.

Moana angrily stalks off and continues translating the riddle. It's a long one...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Moana angrily stalks off and continues translating the riddle. It's a long one...

Gema: *whispers to Marie* She's either not in the loop or very stubborn.
  • Options

Marie: *Giggles* What are you translating?
  • Options

Marie: *Giggles* What are you translating?

Gema: She's already told us what she's translating you dim wit!
  • Options
    Moana walks off even further, out of earshot, and only returns when she's finished.

Moana: It's getting late. I'll tell you all what to do tomorrow morning.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Moana walks off even further, out of earshot, and only returns when she's finished.

(Sorry I missed this post)

Gema: Why don't you tell us now?
    Marie: *Whispers to Gema* Probably not a good idea to anger her.
  • Options

(Sorry I missed this post)

Gema: Why don't you tell us now?
    Marie: *Whispers to Gema* Probably not a good idea to anger her.

Moana, out of earshot of the others, talking to herself: What am I doing? I'm helping these.. these humans, and... ugh, why don't I just leave? But I can't, not now... they'll be to suspicious...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Lorali: * coughing, spluttering, gasping for air. She squeezes her eyes shut, looking down at her ragged, torn clothes.*
  • Options
    poptarts_ wrote: »
    Lorali: * coughing, spluttering, gasping for air. She squeezes her eyes shut, looking down at her ragged, torn clothes.*

Gema: *spots someone washed up on the beach. Heads over to her*
  • Options

Moana hears the coughing, and decides that if she wants to go, she should go. She grabs her work, and makes it into a paper airplane. She shoots it over to the others, but not before scribbling a note on it. She wades into the water, where she returns to her own people.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Moana hears the coughing, and decides that if she wants to go, she should go. She grabs her work, and makes it into a paper airplane. She shoots it over to the others, but not before scribbling a note on it. She wades into the water, where she returns to her own people.

*Marie picks up the piece of paper and reads it*
  • Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    Did The castaways build a stranded island house yet?
  • Options
    Worramot wrote: »
    Did The castaways build a stranded island house yet?

(Not yet xD)
  • Options

The note reads,

"I Have gone back to my people. The clue you need to get back to the island is on the back. Best of luck.
    Sincerely,
    Moana"
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

The note reads,

"I Have gone back to my people. The clue you need to get back to the island is on the back. Best of luck.
    Sincerely,
    Moana"

*Marie turns the paper over to read the clue*
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    (This thread's been a bit quiet for the past while, but would anyone mind if I jump in with a character for a bit?)
  • Options
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    (This thread's been a bit quiet for the past while, but would anyone mind if I jump in with a character for a bit?)

@Lyoufln Hey, sorry I've been away. Sure you can. :)
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

Lyoufln Hey, sorry I've been away. Sure you can. :)

(Hiya @simscognito . I'll post something now)

*a woman appears to be napping a little ways away on the beach*
  • Options

Lyoufln Hey, sorry I've been away. Sure you can. :)

(Hiya @simscognito . I'll post something now)

*a woman appears to be napping a little ways away on the beach*

*Gema spots someone napping on the bench. She prods Marie.*
    Marie: Ow!
    Gema: Look!
    Marie: *Follows Gema's finger. She too sees the woman napping on the bench* Where did she come from?
    Gema: Don't know. *Cautiously approaches the woman*