Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

123457...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want a Western Farming World where it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Bonanza meets Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman meets Anne of Green Gables meets The Waltons with NO VIDEO GAMING PHONES.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I want a Western Farming World where it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Bonanza meets Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman meets Anne of Green Gables meets The Waltons with NO VIDEO GAMING PHONES.

Yes! Some Western farming elements would be amazing
    Don't forget cowboys and horses!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited March 2021
    We need to grow cotton, a new plant, to use in a sewing machine. I want a sewing machine with patterns so badly. It would be nice if we could have a color wheel for it like we got in cats and dogs., and lots of patterns. Sewing could be a skill

I would also like reproducible livestock. Chickens we could get eggs from, sell, or use for food. Cows we could get milk from, sell, or use for food. Sheep we could sheer to use for wool in nifty knitting, sell or use for food. Pigs we could befriend, sell, or use for food ( a pot belly pig would be cute as a pet too). I would like rabbits also, for pets and as live stock for meat ( personally I would mostly use them as pets ). But some do eat rabbit. And ducks for a pond would be cute as well. I would like to see the animals ( other than ducks ), roam around in a fenced off area and have a house ( coop or barn as well ). And to have good quality animals we would have to consistently feed them. I don’t want livestock taking up room as a household member Except if you wanted a pot belly pig as a pet. Bunnies ( rabbits) should be able to be held and petted, taken in the house and given a cage rather like the hamsters, if you want them as a pet, or use them as livestock like the other animals, to have a rabbit hutch and run freely in a fenced in area.

It would even be cute if we could have a carpenter skill to build barns, coops etc., but I don’t expect that.

I’d like to see canning, either a canning station to make jams and such, or the stove. This could be a skill. A butter churn and cheese processing would be nice as well. And I would love a juicer. As a kitchen functional item.

Crops I’d like to see are cotton, hay, corn, and some fruit tree’s....oranges for sure, it would be nice to have an electric or even old fashioned squeezer to make home made orange juice too, marmalade could be made canning. The orange juicer could also be used on lemons for lemonade as well.

I want a large world with a few sizable lots. Several 30x40. A couple 50x50 or 64x64. And, a few smaller lots as well. For the town lots 30x20, 20x20, and 20x15’ would be fine. At least 5 town lots, 5 big farming lots and 5 medium sized lots., and one big county fair lots, with a fair at least once per season, and a weekly farmers market.

I’d like to see the fair have games, and rides, and livestock contests with ribbons awarded to some for their animals, a 4 H club would be cool for high schoolers. Pie eating contests, greased pig contests. When horses are added, they could add a big grandstand with a rodeo too.

Of course it would be nice to have a few new foods as well.

I also want horses and llamas, but I’d like to see them in a game pack or expansion of their own, as they aren’t livestock, and horses should be rideable. The town could be an off shoot of the farming expansion. I think a rodeo would be nice to include with a horse pack. A small town with a larger rodeo center. As well as a big rodeo ( grandstand) in the Farming Expansion pack. It would be nice to have some extra functions if you have both packs.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, i would love to see a Farm Expansion, it would be awesome :)
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    -Cow corral
    -Chicken coop
    -Grandpa tractor
    -Water wheel
    -Butter churn
    -Loom (functional)
    -Forging
    -Horses
    -Wood chopping
    -Canning
    -Playable pets
    -Sheep wool (Knitting SP compatible)
    -Goat milk and cheese
    -Composting
    Mak27 wrote: »
    -Cow corral
    -Chicken coop
    -Grandpa tractor
    -Water wheel
    -Butter churn
    -Loom (functional)
    -Forging
    -Horses
    -Wood chopping
    -Canning
    -Playable pets
    -Sheep wool (Knitting SP compatible)
    -Goat milk and cheese
    -Composting

I really like your ideas! They should definitely add those
    a256aFi.gif
    I would also like Jam Making in a farming expansion, where we could put our harvestables to good use and craft fruit jam
    a256aFi.gif

I really like your ideas! They should definitely add those

Do you think propane tanks and cylinders can fit in a farming EP? I mean, introducing a water heating system that requires propane along with the stove and dryer machines (upgrade)?

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    All I can see here is take a look at Amish farming....off the grid...and most of the things represented in the original post :wink:
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
    All I can see here is take a look at Amish farming....off the grid...and most of the things represented in the original post :wink:

Would be cool if we could get some historical clothing too!
    a256aFi.gif
    This is how I want cows to work in Sims 4!

https://youtu.be/B2uqd88XdwU
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope we‘ll get new harvestables like corn or cabbage
    a256aFi.gif
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Corn and cabbage would be cool. Although corn should not be fed to cows (ok, maybe in game, but in real life it's bad for them).
    It would be funny if players could play music to cows. There are quite a few videos of people playing accordions to cows & they seem to like it. My cow likes for me to sing her a lullaby and stroke her face the way I did when she was a calf.
    The mod you posted the video for looks awesome. I nuzzle my cow like that- but have to be careful because sometimes she likes to turn her head quickly and she had big horns. One negative thing (that we could possibly include) is the bugs. Gnats and horseflies. I'll have to check out the mod with the cows and see if they have any that look anywhere near my cow. She's part Brahma so she has the big flaps hanging down.
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    I need quirky, unrealistic fun things to happen on my farm.

Here are some ideas:

1. Be able to ask you certain animals for meat. If you’ve been good to them, the animals will go into the barn and release meat. The meat will later appear in the barn farm freezer. If your animal feels like you haven’t been treating them well causing them to feel mean and ornery, they will tell you no; so, you’ll have to wait until the next day to get meat.
    2. Ability to keep your animals together or separate. Have signs (like fishing signs) to place animals in certain areas.
    3. Animals should not be considered as household members.
    4. Have some good interactions like talking to your animals, brushing certain animals, etc.
    5. Have barns, feeding areas, water troughs, medical care for animals, consequences for not running a proper farm, etc.
    6. Beautiful farm world.
    7. Ability to pick soybeans and make tofu.
    8. Have annoying Mister Rooster wake the farmer up every morning.
    9. Have Betsy the Cow give good milk, spoiled milk, different color milk.
    10. Best of all, have a variety of animals.

Farming.jpg

I hope those features get added.
    a256aFi.gif
  • purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    What does everyone think of Cottage Living?
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    purpleplum wrote: »
    What does everyone think of Cottage Living?

I feel that it has some very cute things and I really like the aesthetic but this is Sims 4 they will disappoint us and miss the mark in some way. I'm guessing it will have to do with the Llama and the cow
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    Maybe the sheep and goat will be relased with another pack or kit, like the tractor or another country related item
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2021
    I like the cows and chickens. I'm a bit meh on the rabbits. I'm fine with them being in the game, I just didn't have a burning desire to add them. I don't like that they were wearing sweaters. I've had rabbits as pets. I even rescued a wild one and took care of it for a year. They are very cute.

I was hoping for sheep and goats. I'm fine with llamas. They are one of the pets I never had, although I adored the one named Kouza at the zoo where I used to work. She was such a sweetheart. I'm happy to say she never spit on me. I would call her name, she'd come over, and I would pet her. She was very mellow.

From what I've seen, I think I like the cows from the mod better than the ones from the game. I'm hoping we will be able to get some sort of customization with cows so we can have ones with horns. I would also like to change the appearance of the milk bucket. So it could be like one of these
    738ae074aee13aa8662e9e6f4f46ed43644ae16f.png
    Or
    2b625e817dd7ffbf9ddb56144b6d241efa901c40.png
    Of course I'm biased because I made those textures.

There was a bucket they showed in screenshots that I think would have worked better. Also, it bugs me that so much milk seems to hit the ground during milking. I've milked cows before and if you're careful it doesn't spray all over like that. Also, the hairs on cow's tails can actually cut your forehead if they swing their tails hard enough and pop you (not on purpose).

I hope there are bulls as well as female cows, but I suspect there aren't. Hoping there will be a rooster.

I would like there to be cow birds to eat the bugs that buzz around cows. Yesterday I was watching my cows graze and they had these huge horseflies on their backs. They were hitting them with their tails but the flies wouldn't budge. Then some cow birds swooped down and chased the flies away. Sometimes they stand on the cow's backs and eat the flies & gnats.

I just had total brainfreeze.

Here's an older picture of of one of my cows
    tumblr_oxl81hIWhE1qkwd9ao1_500.jpg