Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's one thing you love about the Sims 4?

For me, it's the customization. I still think TS3 is a better game overall, but I'd be lying if I said TS4's customization isn't great. Even without CC or create a style you can create Sims that truly look different and nice, the option to have any hat with any hair is great, the hairs are great, clothing is good, and so much more.
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• ghostpostghostpost Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2018
    +1 about customization, I'll also add multi-tasking. It's super helpful and makes actions a lot less time-consuming, so much so that I find it a bit difficult to play previous sims games due to its absence :sweat_smile:
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    God, I love the customization. My sims look so unique and because of how in-depth the different facial features go, my sims that are children of other sims really do look like a mix of their parents, and it warms my heart and makes me feel more attached to the children.

Even when the parents pass away from old age, I can still see parts of them in their kids. :'(
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    The sims in this version are the best, IMO.

Previous versions did not allow for enough customisation of sims, though Sims 3 wasn't too bad. But I think they did it a lot better this time around and they move a lot more naturally too. They did move nicely in TS2, but goodness knows what happened with TS3 because they are very robotic and unnatural in that version (which is the one and only thing that puts me off playing TS3 these days).

I also love the hats-with-any-hair thing and the any-clothes-for-pregnancy thing.

But it's really difficult to just choose one favourite thing because there are also some amazing building features in this version - picking up rooms/houses and moving them around, copying and pasting them, being able to drag rooms to make them bigger or smaller, downloading directly from the gallery in seconds.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I agree. I love the sims in this version. The other thing I love is how beautiful it looks on the whole. It's immersive that way and sometimes I just enjoy looking around in the game.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Its sims.
    Each pack keeps bumping up my enjoyment of them.
    11-25-18_12-59-27nbspPM.png

The flexibility of create-a-sim's facial features allows you to create unique looking sims.
    Customization is a loaded word for me though, because I feel creative freedom overall has taken steps back despite some of the other great features.

Also, It has taken a long time, but I think I am finally used to clay hair.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    everything. Since you mentioned sims 3... Sims 4 is superior in every way possible.
    It's the perfect game. Sims 2 is a close second but the graphics keep it lower.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    The level of detail that went in to the sims themselves to me is the best part of TS4 to me. I mean, the range of facial expressions and body language is way, way above and beyond anything from previous sims games. They made them feel so much more alive and reactive in TS4. I've played well over 1000 hours of the game, and yet I still regularly see something that makes me smile (of course the steady stream of new animations and interactions with new content helps with this).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The art style.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I love sims 4 cas the most ♡
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    CAS! I love being able to create my Sims precisely the way I want!
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Oh what a difficult question! :worried:

It’s a tie between build mode and CAS. I have to say I love build mode in this iteration. They’ve gone back to the roots of the game, which was ultimately architecture. The buildings players are creating are breathtaking and astounding.

I’m also finding that there isn’t as many issues with routing as there were in Sims 3. I feel like I can build smaller, more compact homes and my sims can move around fine.

Great question, OP :smile:
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I've played a lot lately, I don't only build but I play. Sometimes I am just amazed at the little things that my Sims do that are just fabulous!

I've played my current Sim for a while, and he is just so fun! His personality is awesome, so it has been so fun to max out his skills and aspirations..started him with a rags to riches challenge, starting with 0 dollars and just a plot of land, he now has over 7 million with no cheats(thank you Dragon fruit :smiley: )

The game is wonderful, even on a computer that by all standards probably shouldn't be able to barely play the game, it is playing awesome!
  • CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    I love the fact that sims can multitask in sims 4
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    The tiny details with the emotions: slamming the fridge when mad, slowly getting up when sad, etc. Those little things add an extra layer to the Sims.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Things I love that is in Sims 4 and is not anything in the past Sims games is their ability to do several things at the same time. For example:
    Working out, talking to someone, and either watching the TV or listening to the radio.
    Swimming in the pool, and having an actual conversation, and also while on the subject of the pool, sitting on the edge of the said pool.
    Having two sides to both the vampire and aliens. Now a sim can hide what they really are.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'll add the club system to everything you guys mentioned above. Oh i gotta mention toddlers are amazing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The art style and the toddlers.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    edited November 2018
    The added accessibility and conveniency. In past games, I had to make sure all of my sims were out of the house before remodeling, and then I had to make sure the routing was juuuust right before playing again. Multitasking makes everything so much easier and immersive, too. Everything just seems more user friendly and malleable. Although I love ts2, I always come back to ts4 because of these tiny things that make the game so much better in my opinion.

(Plus I love how easy it is to make sims with such obvious ethnic (and general) differences. I get it that it's *possible* in previous iterations, but ts4 has the awesome presets and clothing styles that make the game more realistic when it comes to diversity)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Taking a Sim to a community lot, leaving them there, returning home to do something else while they are gone. They eventually came home on their own, loved that. Out of my hair and no worries they will be o.k. while they were gone. Not sure that is possible anymore (after all the patches) but it was when we first got the game, and I was glad to have that feature. I would leave the kids or whomever somewhere and go back home with my Sim to do something fun or important while they were gone. Peace and Quiet. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I love build mode, I can create different homes. expand when my sims need more room. re arrange rooms. or just bull doze and start again. Love it. I also love just watching and playing with my sims. there interactions with their world. just great.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    For me, it's CAS. The level of detail and options to choose from when making a Sim in Sims 4 is even better than Sims 2. This is why I spend more time in CAS when I create a new Sim for a new pack, or tweak my current Sim for the new pack. Picking the perfect color for each piece of their outfits takes the most time for me, along with getting the perfect skin color.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    One thing? Well, as far as Add-ons, it would be Vampires.

As far as base game, that's a little more difficult to choose just one. CAS is most definitely a great evolution from the past games, especially with the ability to have unisex outfits and hair styles because I use that all the time.

The connection between all maps to be able to visit or live wherever you want and change it at any time is wonderful too. The worlds may be small but they feel like actual towns and cities that make up part of the whole SimNation. It's great!

But I think tonight I'm going to go with the Gallery. The Gallery has completely changed the ease of my gameplay by giving me access to so many creative builds and endless themes. I absolutely love the connection we get to have with our favorite builders and Sim creators and I never thought I would enjoy sharing my Sims as much as I do. I hope this is a feature that sticks throughout the series because it's truly awesome. <3
    #Team Occult
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    everything. Since you mentioned sims 3... Sims 4 is superior in every way possible.
    It's the perfect game. Sims 2 is a close second but the graphics keep it lower.

And the fact that nearly every sim in the sims 2 has weird cartoony faces. Search up Shannon Wade and Lucy Hanby on the sims wiki to see what I mean
    Oh hamburgers!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    The toddlers......everytime I see one(even pics here of toddlers) or play one, I smile every single time <3