Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else here make OC's into sims?

Okay, so, there are these things called OC's and i Have a LOT of them (oc stands for original characters) And I want to turn them into sims. Does anyone else do this? (shouldve made this a poll lol)
fnf is a very pog game
814240012736397312.png

Comments

• ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    I haven't yet since I've only recently gotten the game, but I want to make my d&d character in the sims XD
  • summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    Yes! I'm only a new member so I can't post pictures, but I'm using some of mine as legacy founders in my game currently!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I do! Usually based on face claims too.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2018
    YEAH, ABSOLUTELY. I even make texture edit CC for them!

Sometimes it's the other way around and my sims turn into OCs instead, but that's a different story. (pokes my icon - he's the reason i have vampire ocs in the first place, oops)

The ones here are ones I've had for years before Sims 4 came out; in fact I made them in TS3 too, at some point. They're this specific type of aliens I made up.
    ooTpmoA.png

And that is barely a fraction of the OC sims I've made. ESPECIALLY if we're including TS3 sims, because oh my god I added so many OCs into that game. So many.

Also, The Sims is just great for figuring out their houses in general. Floor plans. Keeping things consistent. It's good. I actually have a friend who exclusively uses TS4 for creating his OCs and their houses; he's not as much into the gameplay part of it.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    I made 3 of my OCs I used for my short stories once, but had lost the save I had them on. I've also made my DnD character who's currently in my game. She's been the gym trainer every time I've had another Sim go to the gym, which was pretty amusing considering she's the fighter and tank of our party!
  • FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    I've tried doing it but it dosen't work very well since i dont have much fantasy cc....
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

I JUST made a character named Evie - bascially shes an insane half fox child.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    I have a hard time making OCs, since developing a unique story is a tough thing to do. I do enjoy designing them, though. I love the idea of making sims of OCs, or even OCs out of sims, because it can definitely help with the story creation! If you wanted to get an idea for a scene, you could even "play it out" before deciding to develop it further.
  • NiveilityNiveility Posts: 5 New Member
    I love making Sims to help me get an idea of an OC, like what eye color I want or some shadow of an outfit.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I do this with my novel characters all the time. Most of them are just for the library, so I can show them off to any readers who wonder what they look like in my head, and I often use them to recreate scenes from the stories or have them pose for book covers, but some even live among my other sims in the game. To me, my characters are like my children, and even though I almost never get their faces or their clothes exactly right, it feels great seeing them come to life that way.
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Yeah I have some, but I ended up abandoned my OCs and delete them. I prefer making new OC from TS than recreating them on TS
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    99% of my sims are OCs. Have never played Maxis ready made households after first try in TS1. But there has been couple exceptions in TS2: when I made a lot of Lotr stuff and downloaded someone else's movie likeness sims, and in TS3: made some celebrities as close as possible to the real star irl - such as the Christie's character Hercule Poirot acted by David Suchet.
  • JokersKiddoJokersKiddo Posts: 19 Member
    Most of my OCs aren't humanoid so it'd be hard. But I do have two OCs that are human I could make. I could also create some OCs using sims. I like that idea. Definitely going to make some vampires!
    Custom Content Addicts Anonymous <3
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    I have TONS of OCs from when I used to RP on other forums as a teen. For my Sims games, I tend to use some of my OC names, but for some reason I don't really take the time to fully customize my Sim to look how I imagined that character. The Sim would end up being more basic. But after seeing this thread, I feel a bit more inspired to take the time to do so. I'll keep ya posted.

On the other hand, my avatar pic is of a look type and name I use a lot throughout my Sims games. (My username is also her name.) She's basically me, just a bit cooler. Lol
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Oh yeah, though it's taken a while to be able to make some of my characters - vampire pack helped a lot. Though they are still 'Sim' versions of them as I can never really get them to look just like my characters...hair tends to be wrong, height and the face shape never quite right.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Absolutely! The two Sims in my avatar are both OCs, though admittedly, once I began playing them, they went off and did a bunch of wacky stuff they'd never do in canon. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Update: I'm not only making texture edit CC anymore.... I taught myself how to mesh.

Just because I wanted some more accuracy for my OC sims. Mostly with the hair. Sure, I can get carried away. It's just kind of rewarding.
    I'll likely do a bunch more too, it's kinda fun.
    fjh832M.png

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    MilwayLang wrote: »
    Yeah I have some, but I ended up abandoned my OCs and delete them. I prefer making new OC from TS than recreating them on TS

Your sig is AMAZE!
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    Yeah definitely, so far it's the only way I've been playing so far. I used to use these OCs to roleplay and in other forms of creative writing, but creating them as Sims is so much fun and gets me really attached to them as they live their lives in the Sims universe.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @scrutyni I agree--it's a great way to get the creative juices flowing. Especially when I just have a few wisps of an idea for a new character. I feel like creating the Sim version of the character helps me flesh them out.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    @katrinasforest That's true too, though I haven't been able to try that yet! The game just allows for new and interesting things to happen whether your OC is fully fleshed out or not, which is really fun in and of itself.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Yes. I created an O/C for the mini-series in my siggie. I have been playing with them since Sims2. Things got better for them in Sims3, as the family could jam together, plus once we got ST the second son in the family could pursue his musical career. In the books he was a struggling musician. I was busy attempting to create a singer Sim in the game using the RTF mod, figuring I'd just pay him using the MCCC mod. Then GF happened out of the blue. Yay! Found out RTF had also been updated to include a singer career that works nicely with GF.

Meet my O/C: This is her as a teen with her baby brother.
    gFprO93.jpg

This is Spock at a rather unfortunate moment in my gameplay: (Yes, he died, my very first emotional death.) "He's dead, Jim."
    Frx2tbK.jpg

The gray-haired man next to a blond fellow, both in tuxedos are their father and his namesake, Joe, Jr. The blonde lady with the fur neckline is their mom. Obviously, the one singing is the second son. the red-haired male in a tux with his back to the camera is the eldest in the family. Their Dad's hair was once that color.
    US29A0T.jpg

This is my O/C and her identical twin boys at Erik's almost wedding:
    8AoDTu9.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @CoralMoon100 Hi, I'm trying to read thru and see if I'm understanding correctly, but decided I'd just ask you, lol.
    By OCs do you mean real people from life that you make into sims, or do you mean characters you've created for video games or role playing games, or do you just mean you play with sims you've created rather than the sims already in the game, like the Goths?
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @CoralMoon100 Hi, I'm trying to read thru and see if I'm understanding correctly, but decided I'd just ask you, lol.
    By OCs do you mean real people from life that you make into sims, or do you mean characters you've created for video games or role playing games, or do you just mean you play with sims you've created rather than the sims already in the game, like the Goths?

characters for roleplays.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    @AlwaysAsking O/C stands for original character when writing fan fiction. Someone you've inserted into the series universe.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/