Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing NPCs

I am playing a family I created in the Moonlight Falls neighborhood, and I've noticed families have started disappearing. It started with the Goodfellows, then the vampire family (I forget their name).
While one of my Sims was at a job, a wish came up to give a Friendly Greeting to Pip Goodfellow...
Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The way TS3 runs without mods, sims and families can emigrate out of town without prior notice. This can happen whether you have EA's version of Story Progression turned on or not. The only family that's protected is the one you're actively playing, although the game is supposed to protect other households you've played in the past.

With mods, specifically NRaas StoryProgression, you can set your own parameters for immigration and emigration, or even shut down one or both entirely, if that's what you want.

When sims move out, they can sometimes remain in the game as homeless coworkers and wander in and out of town. This is likely what happened with your sim's wish—Pip randomly showed up on the lot, and your sim noticed and wanted to say hi.
  • pinkie_78pinkie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    That makes a lot of sense. I was looking into downloading that mod, so I guess I will have to do that tonight or tomorrow.
    Thank you for your help. :)