Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Thanks so much for commenting! <3
    Samuel is very sad that his parents aren´t there with him. I hope that he can accept that Travis and his brothers are there for him and that each of them love him very much! But having his parents would be so much better. :s
    Travis is a very good father and a very sesitive man, let´s hope that he can explain to Samuel that he isn´t the reason for his parent´s break-up.
    Tyler would never go to a sanaturium. He doesn´t even notice or mind being in such a critical condition. If he did he would like it to end fast, I think. :s
    He is in a very critical condition, hopefully Haldir gets his hands on him!!!
    When Haldir came back to the guest house after his failed attempt to bring Tyler back home he had to hear a friendly voice so he talked to his husband again. He told him that he wasn´t successful at all and that he was devastated!
    e3KOF5a.jpg
    3kpGSrF.jpg
    Travis tried to cheer up his husband although he could cry. After they could calm down each other Travis began to ask Haldir what exactly Tyler had said why he didn´t want to come home. Haldir told him that Tyler hadn´t said much because he was too weak but that Alfarin had told him on their way back that he assumed that Tyler was still very angry about Thore and of his dads as well, because he knew that Thore still lived with them and wasn´t kicked out! He still felt betrayed by them Alfarin presumed further.
    When Haldir told him what Alfarin had said Travis went silent.
    Haldir asked his husband why didn´t say a word but Travis stayed silent a bit longer. "What if, I mean, could Tyler, if we tell Thore to apologize to him, I mean, could this be helping to bring Tyly* back?" Travis asked his husband.
    "Well, it´s worth a try, isn´t it?" Haldir answered. "I´ll try to talk to Tyler tomorrow and ask him what we can do for him to come back. He needs to come back! He looks so awful!" He nearly told his husband that he had the impression that their son was dying but he could just hold back his words. There was no need to scare his love even more, he already knew how worried he was, telling him that he believed their son would die soon wasn´t helping. "And if he is still unwilling to come home I just take him, bring him to the battle ship and arrest him."
    The answer of Travis to this statement is not something everybody should hear and Haldir regretted to tell his husband his last resort. But he really was willing just to take his son and bring him back. It didn´t bothered Haldir if Tyler was very angry about that then, his son was dying and he was unwilling to let him to!
    He could deal with Tyler´s anger later when he would be stronger! But he knew that a willing son who wanted to come home was much better for all of them!

So Haldir phoned Tyler again in the late morning the next day. He couldn´t get to rest and doze off very late in the night, slept much longer than he used to do normally, ate some good breakfast and took all his strength together to convince his little boy to talk to him again. And he got the permission to come!
    84RxCkt.jpg
    Haldir hurried to the little boat and raced across the sea to the little island.
    sucgbE4.jpg
    XayMjNo.jpg
    798dJfn.jpg
    2FEBAlS.jpg
    IvFkoO2.jpg
    ut4sIJL.jpg
    Tyler already waited for him, T-Rey, feeling his masters´restlessness, came to him and begged for a cuddle.
    ICfTxCL.jpg
    tXa8IqG.jpg
    TLCqR2C.jpg
    Haldir hugged his son cautiously, too, feeling the ridges and spine. He could have cried again, here he could even feel how near to the edge of death Tyler was. He took all his strength together and just talked and listened to his son.
    ThtuePU.jpg
    7K6nebF.jpg
    93RqNdx.jpg
    He asked what he could do to convince Tyler to come back home and as Alfarin already assumed, Tyler had a big problem with their decision to let Thore stay at home and not punish him for what he had done to him.
    gA5oU1M.jpg
    12UZQ55.jpg
    zLWsfUb.jpg
    Haldir explained that they had punished Thore and that they had kicked out Stella. He told him that Samuel had his birthday, too, and that he was missing his daddy and that he had asked him to greet his daddy.

Tyler was silent for a long time...
    Then he told his dad that maybe if Thore would excuse himself, but he must mean it truthfully! that he then would think about coming back some time in the future, for his sons.
    Haldir knew his son very good so he knew that he wouldn´t get a more precise answer, but he knew very well that this was the chance to get him back!
    He hugged his son again and hurried home!
    d9RSNvd.jpg
    n0VSLHP.jpg
    xdLivb8.jpg
    2bZWoSm.jpg
    With a much lighter heart he came home to the guest house.
    HOCq91r.jpg
    Then he began to phone again.

*(Tyly is Travis` nickname for Tyler since he was a little toddler, because when Tyler began to speak he couldn´t speak his name correctly and always called himself Tyly <3 )
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Travis gave Haldir some good advice. I also agree with Haldir that Tyler needs intervention even if he has to force it on him. Because of the depression he is not thinking clearly and is endangering himself.
    The pictures of the island and water are so calming. It looks like it would be a great place to heal if Tyler wanted to heal.
    @bekkasan : Thanks so much for commenting! <3
    You are right, the island is so beautiful! I really like the look of this everlasting fall! And the lightning is so clear and crispy, it fits the atmosphere! I love to play in Hylewood.
    Yes, at some point in depression you can´t make decisions on your own anymore so I think if the next try fails Haldir should take Tyler and bring him home, if he wants or not! There is no more time left to discuss!
    Haldir had to phone to many people once more.
    The next morning dawend and he was up early so he decide to go jogging in the neighbourhood. He found it very relaxing here so he decided to ask king Stein if he and Tyler could stay a bit longer at the island so Tyler could regain his strength in this peaceful environment.
    Haldir hoped that the king was a bit more welcoming this time especially because he had to allow another Helmquist at Hylewood.
    So Haldir waited impatiently for the call to come to the royal court again.
    3lXZdJn.jpg
    qe6QATN.jpg
    He hurried up in dressing himself properly and headed to the court where he already was awaited by Alfarin.
    gPmKUAc.jpg
    yq4aM2B.jpg
    He was greeted warmly by the king´s son and both went to King Stein.
    xTZRast.jpg
    5XuZPkF.jpg
    This time Stein waited for Haldir in the living room/kitchen. He had understood Haldirs hint that he shouldn´t go too far and furthermore, after he got to know what the great king endured for his son, his respect towards Haldir grew. He was very curious what the other king wanted from him again.
    WSCejg5.jpg
    While Alfarin tried to keep the court rules the kings greeted each other very friendly and unceremonially.
    3yjRZq8.jpg
    Stein was very curious what kind of problem led Haldir to him again.
    KYXvx9A.jpg
    Queen Hlif was curious, too, but more she was interested to see her son and talk to him. It seemed as if they never had time to do so in the last years.
    vKn1a9i.jpg
    Then Haldir began to beg to the other king.
    He asked if a second son could come to Hylewood.
    P5T57CH.jpg
    Hff157L.jpg
    zqQx584.jpg
    (Alfarin couldn´t take his eyes off Haldir :D )
    Stein immidiately granted Haldir´s whish. He came to the conclusion that a king who could beg/ask for help although he just could have taken what he wanted earned his respect!!! He began to change his mind and attitude against Haldir. He had the greatest respect for a father as powerful as Haldir to not just take what he wanted to have!
    Alfarin calmed down when he saw how his father reacted and turned to his mum.
    nuWxtSQ.jpg
    The kings went to a more quiet place in the room to talk abou the next days.
    While all were talking Alfarin´s sister Sif came in and was happily hugged by her brother. Without her Tyler would still fade away on his island, desperately searched by his family and probably dying in the next days. He was so happy that she told him to visit Tyler´s parents and to ignore their father´s rules. Now his friend had a real chance to survive!
    N0AYx3q.jpg
    MNMu8yY.jpg
    Their mom was happy to have both of her children with her because she had to tell them very happy news
    6JJuXl5.jpg
    zpYak5u.jpg
    She told her son that he would always be the heir, nothing would change
    MADaMAA.jpg
    (she got her notice to be pregnant during this scene! :D:s )
    cQ61weo.jpg
    And while she was congratulated on this by Alfarin the two kings talked about their children, too. Haldir told Stein why he wanted to get his permission to have his youngest son on the island. He told about the betrayal of Stella and Thore and that Tyler seemed to suffer from this severely and that he just wanted to come back home if Thore officially said sorry to him and hopefully meant it sencere.
    gnvpfv8.jpg
    King Stein had changed his opinion about Haldir completely. He was the better king. Somebody who was able to do what Haldir had done was a much better leader than somebody who just wanted everybody to follow strict rules like he expected from his subjects and even his family. He began to question himself if he should talk to his son more. And he had noticed what Alfarin had said to Sif. He himself hadn´t even noticed how clever his little girl was! He was a bit ashamed about himself that the jealousy had hindered him to see what precious people his children became! He intended to change his behaviour!
    hLA1HOV.jpg
    T4X80Av.jpg

In the night Alfarin took up Thore from the main land and brought him to Haldir.
    Qrz7dNY.jpg
    The next morning Thore went to Tyler´s little island. He was briefed by his father and he made it clear that he could only come back with good news!!!
    03KyjJr.jpg
    Tyler noticed his brother to come and wasn´t very happy about this.
    3rUX2Bz.jpg
    At first he didn´t want to listen to Thore at all. He started to snap on his brother right from the start. Thore didn´t even had a chance to say something.
    8epb9EP.jpg
    ShoJpJ7.jpg
    B0dQ0tE.jpg
    But after a while Tyler´s strength vanished and Thore could begin to explain to his brother how sorry he was that he had been such an a..... He begged him for forgiveness and told him that he would do everything to be a better brother and to help to make everything undone.
    RcgMIKe.jpg
    CHA2jwX.jpg
    gz9PAD1.jpg
    Tyler told him that he was very disappointed in him and very abgry and that he didn´t know if he ever could trust him again!
    Thore endured the hatred of his brother and this seemed to convince Tyler to accept his apology.
    Us1UNYR.jpg
    Iogtxha.jpg
    Thore was happy! At least one thing he had done right in the last year! He hurried to his father because the two brothers decided that Haldir should take Tyler home!
    When Thore came to the guest house with this good news Haldir grabbed the keys of the boat, hurried to the little harbour and sped to his son!
    ohpI7So.jpg
    4PsPnkD.jpg
    t3TZot1.jpg
    ertDF0T.jpg
    He was already awaited by Tyler and with a last deep breath Haldir took his son home again!
    SMmogA5.jpg
    0LO39v0.jpg
    xEgLZ0v.jpg
    q1uDJYG.jpg
    qzgRcTv.jpg

And while his ill son went to bed for an unvexed sleep Haldir called his husband that their son would be salvaged!
    w1bXblt.jpg
    Z1BsoFm.jpg

@AlexaKry That was perfect that Haldir approached Stein before bringing Thore over. It showed respect for Stein's Kingdom despite him being the King of all. It sure impressed Stein and looks like it made him think about his own behavior especially towards his family. That's great!
    Congrats on the new pregnancy! Such timing our sims have sometimes! lol
    Sif is beautiful! I keep meaning to tell you I have the pattern on Alfarin's shirt in my stash of patterns. It's not in my game at present, but seeing it on Alfarin tempts me to put it back in the game. :smiley:
    I'm happy that Thore was able to apologize and apparently was sincere enough for Tyler to forgive him enough to go back home.
    I know Travis will be happy to have Tyler and Haldir back home.
    @bekkasan : thanks so much for commenting! <3
    I really have missed your comment somehow, sorry for that!

The timing was so inappropriate! :D In the one minute I was taking pictures of Haldir and Stein, trying not to have too much wall in the pic and in the other minute Hlif changed to some indescribably awful pregnancy outfit what had to be changed! :D
    The pattern on Alfarin´s shirt will be shown more when he wears just a shirt without the jacket. It´s so colorful that it has to be worn by a fairy I think. :)
    Thanks for the compliments for Sif. Yes, she came out very beautiful! And perhaps you have noticed: she nearly has the color you´ve once gave me when I asked for Wisteria´s hair color! (when I gave her the exact color I noticed that she would get a much darker color than her parents so I had to lighten up her color a bit)
    She is the twin sister of Alfarin (well, better: a gender switched Alfarin with a few tweakings :p ) and a bit more clever than him (as sisters always are >:) )
    I don´t know if Thore really meant his apology really serious, but he is so used in apologizing at the moment that Tyler believed him. ;)
    I think he discoverd that he could go along with everything if only his apologies were seen to be honest. B)
    Travis is very happy that Tyler is back in the family now and that they can take care of his son. He missed him so much and he worried about him sooo much!
    After Haldir talked to his husband he went to Tyler´s room to look after his son.
    aJYaXSG.jpg
    buaZ0DH.jpg
    He looked down to his son and could literally feel how tired, exhausted and confused he was. Haldir´s heart was bleeding. How he whished they had dound him earlier. He didn´t know if he didn´t lie to his husband, telling him that their son would/could be rescued. But he would try everything within his power to help Tyler to get better and to heal him. But Haldir could sense that there was something in his son´s soul that blocked him from helping him and that blocked his son to be able to recover fully.
    He decided to help his son to get some peace by projecting an aura of soothing. (Maybe it could help him too, because his concerns towards the healing of Tyler were growing)
    4f6ROkf.jpg
    6IVbpt2.jpg
    2jHq9uU.jpg
    Q6E9LP0.jpg
    He decided to let his son sleep a bit and did some phone conferences and online chats with all the people who had tried to reach him in the last days. Then he talked to his oldes son Emerson who was in charge of the kingdom when he himself wasn´t there. Emerson assured him that everything was running good and that Travis helped him a lot by leading the kingdom. Haldir was glad that Emerson was such a good alternate and that he even took care of his family as well. Emerson asked how Tyler was and Haldir was relieved that he could talk about his concerns towards the block in Tyler´s soul to somebody. His oldest one suggested that they should search in the old books for some cure. They agreed that Emerson should talk about Tyler´s state with Haldir´s dad and Tyler´s dad and ask them to search for a medicine in some of the old books in the old libraries.
    Then Haldir phoned king Stein and asked him if he could help him as well. Haldir knew that the other king loved their fairy tradition so he had the hope that he had even older books or older knowledge which he could pass to him. Haldir got to start to like the older king, not only because he allowed him to get his son back but because of his honest behavior. Stein had never made a secret about the fact that he wanted to be the king of all faries and always talked straight forward when there was a gathering. Haldir knew that Stein was impressed when he saw him bent his knee in front of him. Stein told him that he would have never done that because of his pride but that he discovered that this pride wouldn´t have helped his son if he had been in Tyler´s situation. This convinced him that he had to rethink his strict rejection of Haldir being the fairy´s king. He had learned in the last days that being strict and following protocol, rules and tradition wasn´t all to be a good king. Haldir impressed him with the gesture which showed how much he loved his son and how much he did to avoid conflicts between their two folks. The two kings became friends within the last days. Stein promised to search for some cure in his old books and scrolls.
    Then Haldir went to the kichen to cook Tyler´s favourite meal.
    When he was ready he asked Thore to wake up his brother but he asked him not to eat with them together because he wanted to talk to Tyler in private.
    eqjXCEC.jpg
    paTrVI3.jpg
    When Tyler took his seat and began to eat Haldir watched him carefully
    joqc5f9.jpg
    sumL9kS.jpg
    8Egpc4d.jpg
    zF4HS4A.jpg
    J1ZySTM.jpg
    cNjBVv6.jpg
    When he saw how carefully Tyler ate and how little he ate Haldir was stabbed in the heart. He still could remember when Tyler was born
    oHbfsKL.jpg
    and what a lovely, sweet and easy-going baby he was
    fTbQ32C.jpg
    pHt9L2p.jpg
    and how he impatintly waited for food and always demanded his food RIGHT NOW!
    JbXRS5U.jpg
    KZkj5Hb.jpg
    JVZWfND.jpg
    VJRqEB3.jpg
    and what a happy little chubby cherub he was
    uHJDvbz.jpg
    5idLpyV.jpg
    R3Cs7Yj.jpg
    he could literally eat everywhere
    yiDRLoA.jpg
    Seeing his son now made him nearly desperate!
    After they ate Tyler didn´t feel well, so he went to bed again. He was sooo exhausted!
    D1mOKcB.jpg
    hcDmyJ7.jpg
    mt5CVGw.jpg
    Later in the evening his dad came to watch after him and seeing how restlessly his son slept Haldir decided to sleep in his room, too, in the case Tyler would have needed his help in the night.
    cbbpMce.jpg
    gNZRzFy.jpg
    T-Rey decided to sleep next to his master. He had a very good day because he knew that from now on he wasn´t the only one who could help his master. (And Thore played with him the whole day)
    6YYHTJs.jpg

I love how protective Haldir is over Tyler giving him a soothing aura and calling others to find help for him.
    Awesome that Stein is being changed by seeing what a great father Haldir is and changing his opinion of him as a person and a King.
    That was a good idea that Thore not eat with them. I know he will have to get used to seeing him but maybe not til he is stronger and mentally more stable.
    Wow...the memory pictures from Haldir just broke my heart. Such beautiful pictures of Tyler as a baby and toddler. So happy.
    I still totally love your scruffy Tyler! Be still my heart. lol
    The last picture just says it all with T-Rey and Haldir staying close to protect Tyler. So much love! I sure hope Tyler can feel it and accept that he is much loved and worthy of that love as well.
    Looking forward to more!
    @bekkasan : Thank you very much for your comments! <3

King Stein definetely had a lot to think about when Haldir left to get Tyler. Hopefully he overthinks his relationship to his two (soon to be three) children and develops a relationship based on more partnership with them! They deserve it because Sif and Alfarin are very good, clever and wise fairies who definetely could help him to lead his kingdom into the present and future.

It is good that Haldir projected the soothing aura, Tyler sleep was very restless, Haldir could hear how his so was talking in his sleep and what he could understand was that Tyler dreamed about something which he didn´t want, Haldir could clearly hear some "nos" between the gibberish.
    He always is very protective of his children but there are times where he didn´t have enough time to care for them, because of his duties of being a king and leading the huge family business. He, too, began to overthink his relationship to his children and he already regrets that he wasn´t there for them so often and that he and Travis worked so much during their childhood. He already thinks that the entitlement to benefits and the pressure he put on his children was wrong.

I don´t know if Tyler can understand how much he is loved in his state. He seems to be far away with his thoughts when he is awake and when he sleeps he has a lot of nightmares. T-Rey is happy that he isn´t alone with this situation anymore now. He loves his master so much but he is just a little dog who can´t help as much as he wants.

Don´t have too much hopes for that scruffy look. If Tyler makes it through this hard time and survives, well, then I can promise you that I`ll send him to a hairdresser! :D
    @AlexaKry He's so adorable with that beautiful long hair and beard. Sigh. :love:
    edited May 2020
    In the mornig Haldir woke up early and decided to let his son sleep. He himself didn´t get much sleep in the night, not because he slept in the sleeping bag (he is used to it because he and Travis like to go hiking in the forests around Moonlight Falls on their rare free time) but because Tyler was talking and crying in his sleep and caused Haldir to wake up a few times. Even the soothing aura couldn´t help him to get the needed sleep. Haldir didn´t know what hindered his son to get rest and peace and ofcourse he planned to investigate this further.
    But first he wanted to work a bit, he answered questions and inquiries, helped Emerson to lead the kingdom, took care of the family´s business...
    At some point he was interrupted by his phone. After a quick look at it he happily answered.
    AwtrKmC.jpg
    uXdjwri.jpg
    5adrPoV.jpg
    It was Travis. He was happy to hear the lovely voice of his husband. They flirted a bit and wished a good morning to the other, asked how the night was for the other and just talked a bit. But Haldir noticed that Travis really wanted to know how Tyler was and after he tried to be evasive wih his anwers Travis just asked him. He was concerned that Haldir didn´t answer to his questions directly, he knew that Haldir was an open and direct person so he began to worry how bad the condition of their son really was.
    Haldir knew that he should tell him the truth, that he didn´t know if Tyler would survive and that at this point it didn´t look very good for their son. But he knew that his husband would suffer so much if he told him the truth because he couldn´t come to them to help him with Tyler because he had to take care for the rest of the family.
    So he decided to lie. It was the first time ever that he lied to his husband and that he betrayed him. It didn´t feel good but he felt that it would have been the only way to give a little peace to Travis. He told him that their son was quite well after all, that he only needed some sleep, lots of good food and some rest. He could hear that his lying was successful because Travis´ voice sounded very reliefed about the good news. He asked Haldir when they would come home. Haldir told him that he wanted to give Tyler a bit time to gain some more strength so he didn´t know when they would come back but he said that Travis could tell Tyler´s sons that some time in the near future they would come home.
    Then they ened their call, because Samuel and Adelheid had to go to school and Travis had to prepare breakfast for them. They promised each other to phone again this evening and that they loved each other and hung up.
    Haldir had a big stone in his stomach: yes, they would come home as soon as possible, but would he come home with two alive sons or with just one and a body? He didn´t know and that was something he was greatly scared about.
    D6PQPaR.jpg
    He pulled himself together and decided to make breakfast, too.
    RTl0mYF.jpg
    iCha3Rf.jpg
    This daily routine helped him to dispel his guilty conscience a bit and he tried to smile a bit because he didn´t want to show Tyler how worried he was about him.
    aza9RQw.jpg
    He went to Tyler´s bedroom to wake him up. Thore stayed at Alfarin´s house at the moment, Haldir wasn´t sure if his presence helped Tyler more than it could cause bad feelings.
    When he looked at his sleeping son, his guilt came back. But before he could wake up his son or call his husband to tell him that he lied to him his thoughts were suspended by T-Rey.
    He was still concerned by his masters condition, especially as he could sense and see something black surrounding him which scared the little puppy to no end, so he was happy to see the his best friend´s dad and his aura of light.
    He needed some attention of this person of light and power and Haldir, always aware of how the living creatures around him felt, could feel that the dearest friend of his son needed some encouragement.
    So they cuddled and played a bit untill T-Rey was the happy little fluffy he normally was.
    jHHeUSe.jpg
    KKxHjuL.jpg
    ycuvWUT.jpg
    lbVEAxG.jpg
    4EAHI6w.jpg
    q0SeIum.jpg
    cJt5yM4.jpg
    is4sMXQ.jpg
    Haldir then turned to Tyler and as he saw his thin and unhappy face he wished that Travis was here with him.
    2v4h92D.jpg
    He could remember that he himself always had problems to put his son to bed. Although Tyler was ready to drop down, all he did was crying and shaking at his crib
    gDJYYpL.jpg
    C52w2Rw.jpg
    leaving Haldir completely helpless and clueless in front of the crib how to put his son to sleep.
    He could wake him up without any problems and Tyler was awake immidiately and always happily told him something he dreamed of or what he wanted to to that day or invented some fairy tales
    baKW8zK.jpg
    mori5J7.jpg
    but Travis was the only one who could get him to sleep.
    He took a lot of time before putting their son to bed into reading with him or just cuddling which seemed to sooth Tyler
    MlNNUnD.jpg
    mKltJJV.jpg
    tv9JYXQ.jpg
    Cl8F0EX.jpg
    dnqVDnl.jpg
    Pka3lwN.jpg
    something he was too impatient to do.
    But he never forget his son´s face when he once stood next to Travis after he layed Tyler down
    93hAd4T.jpg
    Even today, with his dark thoughts he had to chuckle a bit about the look, but he chuckled with a lot of grief.
    Yes, their son was clever and he had a strong will. He hoped that this strong will would help him to get better!
    He woke him up and discoverd that his son slept in his awfully worn out pullover and jeans and his heart began to hurt again.
    During the breakfast he told Tyler that they had an appointment at the castle with king Stein in the afternoon, but Tyler insisted on not wanting to go.
    dd5qoLh.jpg
    0AcZOZw.jpg
    z2ecHaP.jpg
    kckvNH6.jpg
    But Haldir explained to him that they had to go and Tyler could see that his father would stick to his decision to go so he surrendered, he wasn´t strong enough to stick to his refusal.
    They ate in silence.
    This conversation and the food made Tyler tired again so both decided that he should take a nap untill it was time to leave and go to visit Stein.
    pP1AVNQ.jpg
    And while his son slept again and he tried to concentrate on a bit more work, Haldir´s thoughts wandered back in time to this lovely little chubby cherub his sone once was.
    Se6sXVa.jpg
    ula6XYY.jpg
    CnJbYu3.jpg
    2wrV7P0.jpg
    xW4gQUH.jpg
    GuY3Z4o.jpg
    TKotbsJ.jpg
    YFAa0Wu.jpg

@AlexaKry Bummer that Haldir feels like he has to protect Travis and lies to him. Not good. I hope it doesn't bounce back and bite him in the tush!
    Cute pics with T-rey. I hope it helped both of them.
    I love the flashback pictures with Haldir remembering Tyler as a toddler and Travis was such a good Dad to him helping him fall asleep peacefully.
    Cute pictures of him playing too.
    Splashing in the puddle looks like fun!
    @bekkasan : Thanks for commenting! <3
    Haldir feels very bad about lying, but he thought it would be the best. I´m not sure if Travis doesn´t know how bad Tyler´s condition is.....
    I don´t know what I would have done in that situation?
    It helped T-Rey more. But Haldir loves every living creature so if T-Rey felt better then he did so, too, I suppose.
    For this flashback pictures I had to learn to use gimp. God was that hard! :D And when I see them here I´m not satisfied with it´s looks but, well, I´m not good at this. :D this was my best result. :D
    Splashing in the puddle comes with this toddler mod you use, too. It gives a certain boost of fun for the toddler. And it is cute to watch. :)

Let´s see what the audience with Stein will be.
    After Tyler woke up again in the early afternoon Haldir told him that the audience with Stein was rescheduled because the other king had to deal with a problem on the mainland so he won´t be there on time at the island.
    Tyler was happy and went to the kitchen where he voluntarily ate some leftover from the evening.
    K0nlnSm.jpg
    T-Rey had followed his master like he did for the last weeks now to watch over him
    21UfifF.jpg
    so when Haldir called after him he was sure that his master was safe for now.
    8VAWrTL.jpg

Haldir wanted to move his feet a bit to release some stress and to think about his lie and how he should deal with it, because he felt that he was wrong in telling Travis that Tyler was good.
    Tyler was extremely and severely ill and he had better told his husband that there could be a chance that their son could die... But what did that change?
    He knew that Travis would have come to them immidiately and under normal circumstances this would have been the best for Tyler and himself.
    But who took care of Samuel? This little boy who was left by either his mother and his dad?!?!
    He couldn´t be passed to someone else... again...
    Travis was the only one who could take care for the boy without destroying Samuel´s self-confidence completely. He already began to ask Travis why his parents divorced and left and if it was his fault. And if it was his fault what he could have done to get mummy and daddy back. And when Travis told him the evening before on the phone that Samuel had asked if it would have been better if he wasn´t born, because then his daddy wouldn´t be so miserably and perhaps his mummy would still have been there, too, Haldir decided not to put even more problems on Travis´ shoulders by telling him that there was the possibility that Tyler would never come home again.
    So he took the chance to go for a walk with such an innocent and lovely creature like T-Rey was. It was so soothing just to be together with a living being with such easy feelings and thoughts.
    Before they left for a long walk he talked to Thore who came back from Alfarin´s place to sleep in the guest house, too. Haldir told his youngest son that he now had the chance to regain the ground he had lost with Tyler. He told him that he should be honest with his brother and that he should honestly regret his mistakes. Tyler would sense if he wasn´t honest!
    Thore promised his dad that he would have done everything for a better relationship with Tyler and that he would do everything to help his brother to get well again.
    Haldir took a deep breath and hoped for the good. He didn´t trust Thore fully yet but he had to go for a long walk so he just hoped that Thore didn´t mess everything up even more. Haldir knew that if Tyler would get better and he could turn on other things he had to work with Thore and his behavior and self-esteem problems...
    0pRjrpE.jpg
    iXt7Del.jpg
    Thore immidiately searched for his brother. He had a guilty conscience towards everything he had done to Tyler since he disappeared. He knew he was the culprit of his brother´s bad health so he wanted to try to help him as good as he could!
    When he found him he began to talk about a book he had read lately. He thought it would be better to begin a chat with something they both liked, reading.
    COU4G7w.jpg
    Lucky for him Tyler wasn´t as angry about him as he used to be so both of them began to tell the other about books they´ve read and which the other should read. Soon they were in a friendly and deep conversation about books.
    bCOsqCD.jpg
    qugcVFa.jpg
    jLWNgbZ.jpg
    They talked so long that Haldir had enough time to prepare a delicious dinner after he and T-Rey came back from their hourly long walk. He called them for dinner and was happy to see them together. At least they didn´t kill each other, he thought. But to be sure this mood stayed a bit longer he created an aura of soothing again.
    wlvWifQ.jpg
    4RmSuwf.jpg
    D9opTRL.jpg
    Thore was a bit concerened when he saw his brother leaving in the middle of their conversation but after Tyler was out of the room Haldir told him that Tyler certainly was overwhelmed with so much companion within the last hour.
    He was right. Tyler was stressed by so much conversation and people around him so he had to leave the table before everybody was ready.
    He hurried to his painting to sooth himself again. Painting always helped him to deal with stress and that day it wasn´t differently.
    And he had a lot to think about, because there was just something Thore had said in a sub-clause which had stuck in his brain and about which he had to think. He knew that his little brother didn´t intended this thought process but Tyler´s brain was working hard.
    CkD3uzR.jpg
    EceeYLZ.jpg

And before he headed for bed he found enough courage to make a phone call.
    eeUgafc.jpg
    He was nervous and afraid. So unbelievably afraid.
    Then his dad answered the phone.
    "Papa?" Tyler asked with a very week voice.
    There was silence at the other end....
    "Papa? This is Ty..." he began again but was interrupted by his dad´s deep voice. "Tyly?!?!?! Oh, this is, I can´t..., oh, Tyly!" he could hear the joy in his dad´s trembling voice. "Papa? Can you forgive me?" - "Oh Tyler! There is nothing to forgive!" now he could hear that his dad was crying and Tyler began to cry, too. "Papa, I´m missing you and the boys so much! May I come home some day perhaps?" - "Tyler! Why do you ask such a question?" Travis repeated. Even through the phone and as numb as he was Tyler could hear the immense joy and happiness in his father´s voice. "Of course you can come home, we are waiting for you since you´ve left! This is your home and that hasn´t changed ever!" Tyler´s heart jumped. He had thought that he wasn´t welcome anymore since he left and now his father was happily crying on the phone. "Papa, I... I... I don´t know why I left. I... I... don´t know..." His voice died.
    Travis heart sunk. He could hear how confused, sad and frustrated his son was. "Tyler, have you asked daddy why you feel so bad? You know that he can help!" - "I... I am ashamed that I am so weak so I" - "Tyly! What do you think about him? That he would punish you?" - "I don´t know... He is so strong always and I´m such a looser, so-" -"Tyly! What makes you belive such a nonsense? You are no looser and you never were one!!! And daddy would never ever think of you as such!!!! He loves you sooo much! After he heard where you were he left immidiately to get to you because he missed you so much! He dropped everything he was about to do to get to you! Please, talk to him!" -
    "Do you really think that he doesn´t think bad about me, papa?" - "No, of course not my dear! He was in such a fear that he would never see you again and he never thought anything bad about you! He missed you so much that he couldn´t find relaxing sleep in the last months! Please, Tyly, talk to daddy! He can help you to remember and to heal!" - "He doesn´t hate me for leav-" - "Oh Tyler, of course not! Daddy would never hate you! He loves you as much as I do!!!! Talk to him! And come home!" -
    "A... aaand the... the boys? They must hate me, certainly!" - "They miss you! They just miss their daddy! They aren´t mad at you! They just miss you sooo much! Will you... do you want to talk to Seth? Taius and Samuel are roller skating at the park but Seth is at home." - "I... I... don´t know, Papa. Do you think that would be good?" - "Yes, Tyly, you should talk to him, please! Then you can hear how missed you are!" - "O-Okaay, but... I´m really scared!" - "You don´t have to be my boy! Just talk to him and you´ll see how wrong you are!"
    And then Tyler could hear the voice of his son and he nearly hung up. "Daddy? Daddy? Is it really you? Daddy I have missed you so much! Can you come home soon?" Seth shouted into the phone. "Hi my boy! Yeah, it´s really me!" Tyler answered his son, first with a trembling voice but as further they were talking his voice became stronger and safer. "Daddy, I have missed you so much and Taius and Timian and Samuel did miss you so much too! Please come back home! There is so much I have to show you! And Adelheid is always asking where her grandpa is! Please come home!"
    Tyler was trembling but he fighted the feeling of hanging up the phone. No, this time he wouldn´t run away, or avoid the situation again! After Seth calmed down a bit in his happiness to be able to talk to his dad again they talked a bit what had happened to the brothers after Tyler ran away. Seth wanted to know where his dad was in the last months but this subject Tyler didn´t want to discuss with his son now. But Seth already asked how he was feeling and that granddad told them that Tyler´s health wasn´t the best and so... Tyler told him that he just was a bit too thin, because he worked so hard on his paintings in the last few weeks that he nearly forgot to eat but that Haldir cooked for him and that he already gained some weight again.
    gBPSrHx.jpg
    YFyM9DV.jpg
    He then talked to his papa again who begged him to talk to Haldir. At the end of their call Travis told his son again how much he loved him. Then the phone call was over. Tyler didn´t know how to feel.
    q4nEoTS.jpg

He went to bed early, later he was followed by Haldir who slept in his sleeping bag at the end of Tyler´s bed again.
    7m7q7lT.jpg
    For some reason Haldir dreamed about one of Tyler´s birthdays. But it was a strange dream because every time Tyler blew out the candles on his birthday cake he aged from a kid directly to a teenager.... A very serious teenager....
    YwAzIhk.jpg
    dnvXJIq.jpg
    FeuE6R7.jpg
    t416cnM.jpg
    But he had some heartwarming dreams about his little chubby cherub as well.
    7UKQf17.jpg
    dTD0XYD.jpg
    K2NPiLv.jpg
    ZVhwRFP.jpg
    Yk0uCvk.jpg
    aDnFFuD.jpg
    gl3IP56.jpg
    yRDc3Z5.jpg
    Jz9GsOz.jpg
    Both, father and son, could sleep very good this night.

@AlexaKry Progress! I know it will still take time but a glimmer of light in Tyler's sad soul. :heart:
    I'm glad he was able to talk with Thore even if the talk was mostly superficial. Sometimes that is needed and it sparked something that Tyler was struck by!
    So glad he called Travis and they had a wonderful talk as well as with his son Seth and he realizes how much he is loved and missed. I hope he will be able to talk with Haldir now as Travis suggests. That will help with his feeling of failure so much...at least I hope so.
    Love the remembrance pics. I think they look old and treasured. I've seen so many pics in my older folks homes and they are no longer sharp and perfect and have more grey tones so yours look aged and well loved.
    That jump from kid to teen is such a big one. My teens have at least two years (sometimes longer, depends on the story) as a teen and the first year they are young and behave as a young teen would. In the second year, they are allowed to start thinking about boys or girls and driving and uni as an older teen would.
    I'm looking forward to more! :smiley:
    @bekkasan : Thank you so much for commenting! <3
    Yes, it was good that the two brothers talked again! And it was even better that something whichThore said made Tyler thinking and taking some action. I´m happy that he talked to Travis and that his dad gave him such good advice!
    I really don´t know why Tyler thinks he is a looser, hopefully he´ll be brave enough to talk to Haldir about his feelings, I think that his dad can help him to overcome this feelings!

Thanks for the heads up for the remembrance pictures. I think they need a more yellowish tone, but I really don´t know how to do this! :D Maybe some day I fiddle it out. :D

I really dislike the gap between children and teenagers! It´s so implausible. But if they are teens then I don´t divide between early years and late ones as you do. I mainly just go "with the flow". Some of my teenagers are dating very early, others never. I´ll let them decide that on their own. The only thing which every teen gets to learn immidiately when some of the adults have time is driving. (It´s completely unrealistic, I know, but I like my Sims to discover their world and it´s better for me when the teens can drive fast to where they want to with their own cars. ;) )

There will be more to come! Much more! I already have thousands of pics and already moved much, much further in the game than what I have posted! B)
    In my game Samuel just became a young adult and Adelheid is shortly after him! And they had a very interesting and eventful childhood! >:)
    I "just" have to sort out the pics I´ll post....
    edited June 2020
    @AlexaKry You are way ahead of your posting in your gameplay. :smiley: Gosh Samuel and Adelheid were just born it seems. I can't wait to see them. I usually am way ahead, but work lately has been interfering with my gaming and posting time! :naughty::tongue: I started writing an update yesterday and have all the pictures ready for it. Gonna work on it after I have some supper. It will be a short one so perhaps can post it this evening if nothing else interferes. :lol:
    Post edited by bekkasan on
    @bekkasan : Great! Something to look forward to!
    I always love to read new updates!
    Will Adam be on his quest already or do they still stay in the realm?

:D it´s always hard not to blab something about the future happenings! And I always have to take care that my last screenshots in the thread don´t show too much of the future. :D
    For me it´s the hardest to pick out the niecest and most narrative pictures. I take too many screenshots and they look so much alike sometimes. :D
    I would have liked to post a picture of Samuel as a young adult, but the birthday party would reveal too much of the upcoming events, so I just can tell you that he looks so much like Haldir that if he has the same hair you only can reckognize who is who when you look very observingly.

I can´t wait for your toddlers to grow up to children!
    King Stein and his family arrived at their summer castle early in the morning on the next day.
    FnA7Oyg.jpg
    Alfarin called Haldir and told him that he and Tyler could come around at any time. He wouldn´t be there because he had to get to the mainland to fill in for his father but that his father would be happy to meet them at any time.
    When Haldir put down the phone he was quite surprised that there wasn´t an official audience but an informal visit. He hoped that Stein had found out something about he asked him to research for him.
    As soon as Tyler woke up and the three of them had their breakfast Haldir called the limousine service to take them to the summer castle.
    When it arrived and they took a seat in the limousine he wasn´t sure if this chauffeur with this awfully dyed hair could take them safely to King Stein´s castle but he watched her with a distorted smile the whole ride, ready to intervene if needed.
    5bpAv8U.jpg
    W3JA1F4.jpg
    Tyler was lost in his own thoughts. He didn´t know why he had to come with his father but Haldir paitiently explained it to him several times that he had to meet Stein just out of respect.
    They were led into the kitchen of the castle, the royal family´s favorite room, and Haldir and Tyler just talked a bit until Stein and his daughter Sif entered the room.
    firc8qh.jpg
    nLZL9px.jpg
    Haldir was surprised that the king´s daughter came along with Stein and not his wife.
    But Stein told him that Sif wanted to get to know Tyler whom she just knew from observing his aura when he stayed at the little island in winter. She was fascinated by his aura and his story when Alfarin told her that his friend had ran away so she took her chance to get to see him face to face.
    When he turned to her she was even more fascinated by him. That he was still standing and that he still had enough strength to come here after all demanded her full respect. And when she saw his eyes she could see how beautiful he was.
    7DB0rei.jpg
    Tyler himself was a bit shocked that this beauty in front of him spoke to him.
    Xn4d16Y.jpg
    He could sense her strength even in his numb state which confused him much. (And it helped that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen that he felt even more flounderous!)
    When she began to speak to him he didn´t know what to say. Then he pulled himself together, it couldn´t be that this girl confused him so much. They talked about the weather and what they kind of profession they had. Just a light conversation, because Sif could see that Tyler still was a bit slow and unsafe and she didn´t want to expect too much of him. He was a very ill man and she could sense that clearly.
    While they tried to talk to each other Stein´s and Haldir´s topic to talk about was much more serious.
    QnfyOS9.jpg
    They talked about their children. Stein told his king that he trusted his son more now and that he began to give him more responsibilities for the kingdom. He wanted his son to be his heir so he had to teach him everything he had to know about ruling. Haldir asked him if the other king had considered to give the throne to his daughter? (Standing next to her he could feel her fairy power and was astonished that her power was equal to his own!) The older king took a quick look at his daughter, then he turned to Haldir again and told him that he considred it but that he decided against it.
    He told Haldir that he had a vision about her that she had a more important role to play in the future than being his heir. He went on and said that he talked about his vision with his wife and she advised him to concentrate on Alfarin and teach him all needed knowledge to be able to be an even better king than he himself was and let the fate lead their daughter to where she had to go to.
    Haldir was surprised and astonished! King Stein, whom he always thought about being imperious and self-centered, had actually taken an advice from somebody and really seemed to have changed for the better! He was proud of his new friend, that he really had been able to change himself in this old age! (King Stein was old, very old! Freia, Haldir´s mother was twice the age of Haldir who already was a few hundred years old, but she told him that Stein already was old when she was a young girl!) Being able to accept advice from a much younger person and trying to change himself for the better gained a lot of respect and love in Haldir towards the other king!
    Haldir knew now that he got a new friend and a loyal one, too. He was happy and knew that he would try to change the other fairy king´s and queen´s opinion towards Stein!
    They talked a bit more then Stein turned to Tyler. He wanted to get to know him and he wanted to search his soul for the dark spot as he was told by Haldir. (Haldir tried to penetrate this dark spot on Tyler´s soul himself and tried to break through the boundary but wasn´t sucessful. He knew that Stein hold much more knowledge of the old fairy secrets so he asked him to observe Tyler.)
    qmVGFcP.jpg
    vaQTNWH.jpg
    Tx6qB7h.jpg
    ykR3pMh.jpg
    Stein introduced himself to Tyler and they talked about his stay at the island. Tyler told him that he painted a lot and that he liked the litlle island a lot.
    UMfngxb.jpg
    3QJjLqE.jpg
    cRnCIsu.jpg
    Meanwhile Sif and Haldir were getting along very good. He liked this young beautiful fairy very much and was thankful for her to watch over his son. He told her that she was always welcomed in his kingdom.
    Then Stein asked his daughter to show Tyler the portraits of the family in the portrait wall because they talked about the paintings and Tyler was happy about the chance to take a look at such old masterpieces.
    Then he turned to Haldir again and got very serious.
    auNDrAG.jpg
    Just like Haldir he wasn´t able to break through Tyler´s pain. Which was new to him. He told Haldir that they had to search for a way to get through Tyler´s wall, if they couldn´t he would have never got the chance to heal fully. Nothing Haldir liked to hear!
    Stein told him that they could try to melt their minds with Tyler´s. This was an old fairy technique to get information out of an enemy which was burried deep down in their minds and souls. (not to be confused with the modern mind-melting students practise while being drunk on a student´s party! The fairy mind-melting was dangerous and could just be implemented of the kings and queens. If there was something wrong with the process it could be possible that both persons lose their mind!)
    VpilbZa.jpg
    itUjVh7.jpg
    Stein adviced Haldir that Tyler should drink some potions before trying to melt minds and told him that he would search for the best formulas and recipes in his archives.
    eF921QN.jpg
    2eAFeLH.jpg
    He told him that he would have to travel a bit because some ingredients were just to be found in different parts of the world.
    Fgqq8MU.jpg
    All that they could hope for was that Tyler had enough strength to fight his dark thoughts and this even more darker spot to not vanish fully in it during their search for a cure.
    Stein also suggested to Haldir to talk a lot to his son, he could feel that besides this dark spot there was something else Tyler tried to suppress.
    With a heavy heart Haldir drove back to the guest house, not very eager to tell Travis what they found out.

Tyler himself had made a decision. He didn´t want to look so scruffy anymore. When he came back home he didn´t want his sons seeing a bummer in him!
    QR4Nh2B.jpg
    Because he didn´t want somebody else to touch his head he tried to cut his hair by himself. He wasn´t too satisfied with the result, but after he had shaved himself he thought that he made a much better appearance than before.
    zf7exvE.jpg
    This night was the first night in which Haldir wasn´t woken up by screams of his son. This was the first night in months in which Tyler could actually rest and recover, guided by a beautiful multicolored bright light!
    ZpBoXLJ.jpg

@AlexaKry I enjoyed this update! It's great that the Kings are getting along so much better and have a better understanding of each other.
    I'm glad that Sif got to meet Tyler and that she thinks he is beautiful. He is! :smiley: She is gorgeous and I'm happy that Tyler thought so too.
    I'm sorry that Stein didn't find a way to help Tyler quickly, but hopefully, they will be able to help him in time with the things talked about.
    I think its a big step him caring enough to shave and cut his hair! I like the light beard on him too and the hair cut looks good.
    I would love to know the longer hair you used on him if you remember the name of it or where you got it?
    Hmm, wonder where the light came from? Sif?
    edited June 2020
    @bekkasan : Thank you so much for commenting! <3
    Stein and Haldir became friends I think. After Stein could overcome his pride he discoverd that even young people could be as powerful as he is. And that they could have knowledge, as well. And that perhaps, maybe!! :D , some are even more powerful than himself. And not so proud! :p

Stein has a big archive and a big library of old ancient fairy knowledge, even much more than Haldir and his folk has, so hopefully he can find a cure for Tyler. Both kings know that Tyler didn´t have just a nervous breakdown or was burnend out or such but that there is something more which prevents him from being fine again! :'(

The long hair on Tyler is this:
    https://ifcasims.tumblr.com/tagged/g+male/page/8
    NewSea - Chain Reaction for adult male & unisex toddler and children
    I really like the new look on Tyler, he looks a bit more groomed! His hair before was awful (for him! I like it btw)! :D It was time for him to care for his look again. Maybe it´s because he had seen his first woman within months??? :D
    Although this hair really looks as if he cut it himself!
    Thank you that you think that Tyler is beautiful! <3 I really love him and his look, too. (I like all my Helmquist males and their look! :D I think I a beautiful family! o:) )

I don´t know where his guiding light came from! I don´t know if fairies can actively appear in dreams? And why should she appear in his dreams?
    Post edited by AlexaKry on

@AlexaKry Thanks for the link. I do have the chain reaction hair in someone's retexture. I guess I just didn't recognize it. :lol: I've got way too many hairs!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top