Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Me Name My Sim Legacy Silly Names

Okay fellow simmers. I need your help yet again. I've never named sims silly names. I always go for unique or themes. I want something silly, but I am coming up blank.

I'm thinking something I can carry on for 8 generations... Something funny and goofy. Like, a last name of Money and I can name one sim Fast Money, another could be Lost Money, etc. But Money isn't funny enough and it's literally all I can think of. I have seen some really funny name schemes on these forums. Unforunately, I can't remember them.

So please help me come up with Silly names for my sims.

List all your silly name combinations, First and Last names.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I'm still too busy with my current game to do this, but I've been planning to have one centered on a family of aliens, who name themselves and their children after the interesting objects they see around them, like, oh, "Couch," or "PotatoPeeler," etc. Look around your place, your car, your workplace, see what objects are perhaps a little odd looking, or have names that might seem peculiar. ("Ruler" might be an amusing name, too.)

As for your Money theme, maybe you want to focus on the actual coins and bills? Dime, Nickel, HalfDollar?l

Given our propensity to name girls after flowers, maybe name your sims after less appealing plants or critters. Mold, Slime, Mildew. SkunkCabbage. Heh--Ginko--you ever smell a row of Ginko trees in flower? (Only the female trees flower, btw.)

How about Catfish? Fishcat?

Grab a thesaurus and you'll get even better ones!

As for last names, depends on whether you're going with a theme or just being random. If, for example, I named a sim Catfish, I might choose, oh, Dogfiddle for a last name. Hi, I'm Catfish Dogfiddle. Beats being Catfish Dogpiddle!

Or maybe you'd like Moonpie Creamcake instead. Poggle Dolittle. Grendlefot Hilchuck. Sissleberry Jac. Once you get going, you're sure to come up with something ridiculous!

Hope this helps! :grin:
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    My brother was doing something similar with his legacy and he did a last name of McGooberson and then just named his sims random names, like his founder was Goofy McGooberson. But, if you were wanting to do a themed one, perhabes naming them all after gemstones? There are some interesting and different ones out there.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I have a "Now" Family. Mother and Father both named Popular, shortened Poppie and Poh. And the kids are Nott Now and Till Now.

I've also done the Appleby's, with matriarch, elderly party girl, Candi Appleby.

Had a blue haired, red skinned family. Matriarch: Cherry Blue. Kids names were just weird, vaquely colorful: Trix, Jem, Rad. They could just as well have followed various flavors like Raspberry, Marshmallow, which now that I think about it would have worked better.

Finally, I like to just jumble letters together for aliens: my favorites of which are Qi' P'i and Bizclork Eppilledian. Both nonsense.

I plan to make a Pop family with matriarch Lolli Pop. Does seem like something that's been done tho.

There seem to be something of a food theme here...maybe I'm just hungry when I'm simming...
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Probably the most goofy name I've ever given a sim was "Boogie Man" - a fine sim with an afro that danced at the disco every night. Such a knee slap.

If you want a generation of silly names, maybe name your sims after themed foods.
    Apple Pasta, Pear Pasta, Plantain Pasta
    Gummy Sorbet, Cookie Sorbet, Breadstick Sorbet
    Anne Rice, Bean Rice, Lentil Rice etc.

Take inspiration from things in the game. Maybe you can name your sims after collectables, like the MySims trophies, the gems/metals/rocks, the frog species etc.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've always got a kick out of the real family name of Hogg featuring the sisters named Ima and Ura. You could elaborate on this and name kids;

Shesa, Hesa, Thera, Wera, Hedge

Could go the food route too. For instance, last name Bean;

Navy, Kidney, Chili, Green, Lima, Butter, Pinto, Mister

I actually liked where you were going with the last name Money. You could keep going with that and add;

Mo, Cash, Dirty, Lotta (or Lotto), Old, New

Where I live there was a real man named Pliney Stump. You could run with that too. For instance;

Burnt, Hickory or, well, can't think of anymore Stumps. lol But you get the idea. Just run with puny names and you won't be 'stumped' anymore. :)

I could come up with themes like this forever, but I've said enough for now. Hope something in this thread helps!

Happy Simming! <3
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Gross Weiner
    Big Weiner
    Small Weiner
    Old Weiner
    Hot Weiner

Jelly Bean
    Spring Bean
    Garbanzo Bean
    adding to @Karababy52 suggestion

Straw Berry
    Rasp Berry
    Blue Berry

Candy Apple
    Toffee Apple
    Red Apple
    Granny-Smith Apple
    Braeburn Apple
    Lady Alice Apple
    Sweetie Apple
    (literally googled different types of apples to get some of these)

Of all the ones I could think of - sausages are the only thing that I could make funny :D

tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2018
    You guys are all amazing and have given me great tools to get this family (and futures ones!) named! :) I'm gonna write all this down, and any others that get sparked for me.

Thank you for the names, too. So really, really great ones. I'm going with the last name Bean. :)

Thank you so much!

p8L4V6v.png
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @ChelleJo good choice! lots of options for Bean
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @ChelleJo good choice! lots of options for Bean

Thanks! :) And thank you for your help. You gave me some great names and ideas. I am writing them down for the future (and the Bean for now ;) )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Oh Cool, you're very welcome @ChelleJo and thank you for using my idea! Glad we were able to help. :) Have fun and hopefully you'll post a bit of your game play here or perhaps a link to a blog? I'd love to read it.

If not, that's cool too. Most of the time I just like to immerse myself in playing without worrying about getting screenshots for a story or anything. I still take a TON of screenshots though. Can't help myself. lol
  • ThisISMariaThisISMaria Posts: 104 Member
    Sumting Wong would be a great name for an asian child.
    Cute-Russian-Girl-Smiles-Waves-For-The-Camera-Russia-At-The-2014-Fifa-World-Cup.gif
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Glad to see you're all set! I made up a whole bunch of silly names last night, but of course I've forgotten them now! :lol:

However, I do have a couple suggestions for more sources for silly names: racehorses (maybe greyhounds too?), and any 3 year olds you know...make that grade school children! They'd probably love to help! :wink:

If you are going to make your gameplay public through youtube or blogs or such, you might, of course, wish to pay attention to whether or not the silly names appear to target or mock a particular ethnic group.