Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game freezes at 4 am, also when I "reset everything" from NRAAS MC

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello guys. I have a problem in my Los Aniegos save. I tried to load up my save about 5 times now, everytime I try this the game freezes at around 4 am and doesn't get better even after 10-20 minutes. I keep going back to the same save and can't go past 4 am! I tried everything, even a "reset everything" from NRAAS master controller. Guess what happened. Yep, stuck when resetting. 20 minutes and counting. What else to do??

Edit: Also tried switching active family. Still freezes at 4:48.
Post edited by Zei on

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    When you said 4 AM, I couldn't think of anything big that happens then with how and where I play, but when you say 4:48, that's more like 5 AM, which is when all the garden plants reset. I know this because a lot of my sims are gardener/farmer types, and things come to a grinding halt sometimes between 5 and 5:15. Since my sims are up early gardening, late night activities aren't too prevalent in my games. Do some of the bars stay open that late? Farmers tend to head home by 10 PM. ;) I do see a lot of townies around town heading home when it's that late, so maybe if it's simply a world with a high population, that could be part of it.

You probably already know that Los Aniegos is very large and complex and a problem for many people.

I've never had reset everything take anywhere near that long, but it sounds like there must be an awfully lot to reset. Was it giving you a count of how many things were reset as it went along, or did it get stuck, or ?
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've had complicated, over-stuffed worlds take that long or longer to MC Reset entirely. A couple of mine then report over 60,000 objects were reset, which from what we have been told is quite a lot. It never appears to freeze up during the reset though, something always seems to be happening somewhere on the screen/map; I only run this while in Map View so I can watch if I need to.

But I would never even attempt long-term play in a world as large as Los Aniegos (nor Setra, Alpine County, others of that size). No matter how good our systems are, and mine was only ever mid-range at best, and no matter how many protective mods like those from NRaas we have in play, TS3 is still a 32-bit application and not very forgiving when the limits to what it can realistically handle are exceeded.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    But I would never even attempt long-term play in a world as large as Los Aniegos (nor Setra, Alpine County, others of that size). No matter how good our systems are, and mine was only ever mid-range at best, and no matter how many protective mods like those from NRaas we have in play, TS3 is still a 32-bit application and not very forgiving when the limits to what it can realistically handle are exceeded.

You are right. I'm considering moving my families to another world with NRAAS porter, but I can't think of any alternatives that would host my 250 sims and their various lifestyles. (farmer, celebrity, upper-class, lower-class...) Alpine County was one of my options, but it's probably going to give me the same problem in a few weeks' playtime like you said... Which worlds do you recommend for long-term play?

@suzses nope it didn't give me any count, and when it didn't finish after 20 minutes I just gave up and shut down the game from the task manager.

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    While not unheard of, 250 is quite a lot of resident sims for one world. And if allowed to breed but not be emigrated out of the game like EA's version of story progression tends to do to sims on us, the number would typically increase over the next generations. If you want to play them all forward within the same ongoing game, I would considering placing them in multiple Traveler mod connected worlds to be played in some kind of rotational manner.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    While not unheard of, 250 is quite a lot of resident sims for one world. And if allowed to breed but not be emigrated out of the game like EA's version of story progression tends to do to sims on us, the number would typically increase over the next generations. If you want to play them all forward within the same ongoing game, I would considering placing them in multiple Traveler mod connected worlds to be played in some kind of rotational manner.

I eliminated some of the older generations and moved the rest to Angel City today. Angel City is like the smaller version of Los Aniegos and with a fresh save, everything seems to work fine right now.