The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

launcher not showing my saved games

I open my launcher but it shows up with new game. I know I have saves

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Is it possible that your old game folder was moved into OneDrive? The recent Windows 10 update, and I think one or two before, have made OneDrive much more assertive in trying to take control over Documents, and whatever else it does. I keep mine completely disabled and don't even have an account synced, just to make sure nothing weird happens.

There was also some funny business with the most recent update deleting files, and I hope that hasn't happened to you. But that update was pulled a few weeks ago, so if your saves were in place since then, that probably doesn't apply.
  • redwingsgirl514redwingsgirl514 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm new to Windows 10 (and on a new computer!!!) so I'm new to all of this. But to the best of my knowledge, my OneDrive is empty. But I had to redownload all my purchases because all I had was my expansion packs. But that newest save isn't even there either now, and I KNOW I saved it. I saved it multiple times.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @redwingsgirl514 TS3 game folders often land in OneDrive despite players' best efforts, which is why the recommendation is usually to disable it entirely unless there's a really good reason for keeping it active.

Just to clarify, if it's necessary, you would need to redownload all of your store content into the new game folder that was created the first time you played on your new computer. Your saves would also remain on your old computer (in Documents\EA\TS3\Saves) unless you manually moved those files into your new game folder. None of this is saved anywhere but on your hard drive.

If this isn't the issue, and you're instead seeing new content go missing, you can poke around a bit and try to find out what's going on. In your game folder (Documents\EA\TS3), right-click on the file labeled deviceconfig and check the modification date. Does it match the last time you loaded TS3? If not, either your game folder is ending up in OneDrive anyway, or you have another folder somewhere that the game is reading instead of the correct one.

If it's the latter, you can try to track down that folder by loading the game, starting a new save, giving it an unusual name, quitting to desktop, and searching for that unusual name. When you find it, you should see the path to it in File Explorer. Then you can try to block TS3 from dumping its game folder there, either by deleting or renaming the folder where it's landing, or changing the permissions on that folder.