Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invalid Password/Launcher 2018

Normally after I clear browser(s) including IE -which i never use anymore & reset IE the launcher allows me to log in.
However the last bit nothing i have done has worked.
Has anyone had any success more recently with this ongoing issue.
I am using Windows 10. TIA
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There have been some threads about this on the EA AHQ board for TS3 lately. Seems like a new problem, or an old one that has resurfaced, which indicates an issue on EA's end beyond the usual IE cache getting clogged. This one might be a good place to report what you are seeing.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7131966#M232774
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Thanks @igazor I noticed some newer ones there as well so I will go add mine to the list. Weird as for so long I only occasionally had to clear ie browser and now that rarely works. Tempting to go on ebay and just buy an original base and by pass all this. Mine seems to have disappeared into the "world" of grandchildren. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not really understanding how a new base game disc is going to solve the problem, maybe I'm missing something, but it almost has to be with the server that is managing logins and account credentials on EA's end. If the intent is to get off of Patch 1.69, note that it now takes an all disc install (or Steam) to do that on Windows, just having a base game disc won't do it.

It's always going to be something with this game. Running such a complex game product whose design began over 10 years ago that somehow incorporates modern account servers to manage things (much more so on 1.69 than 1.67) and EA never taking the still different installation methods into account when they change stuff is never going to lead to a 100% issue free experience. But we (most of us here) love the game so much that we put up with all of it and do what we can to find solutions for these issues as they continue to pop up.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited October 2018
    Ahh I forgot about that having to use all the discs. I was just guessing on the 1.69 as I haven't had any other issues with it.

After multiple attempts this evening I managed to get logged in game. Wish i new if there was something different I did to make it log in. I did get cranky and just stayed logging in my password over and over when it all of a sudden took it and let me log in.
    Hopefully it will stay that way for awhile. :smile: Actually got some play time in.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SpykistensagaSpykistensaga Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I have an issue with sims 3 pets. It's a smal one but I still want the help. How do you put more than one "detail" or "marking" on a horse. I have a lot of cc like shaders and shine markings but when I but one on and then another, the previous one disappears. Does someone know the answer to this problem? Happy for quick answer! <3
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Spykistensaga - you have to add a layer for each new color by clicking the PLUS mark. I'm not in game now but here's pic from the Sims VIP site and a link to go to the site
    Cat6.jpg

You choose the color and the order of the layers (by dragging up and down on the UI)

Here's the link to Sims VIP Pet Customization.

Have a blast!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣