Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Coming To Consoles Nov 13th!!!! (Now Available)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sims by the way can give several types of gifts. One of my favorites is the romantic gifts. Also if you give a gift to a sim your not playing then change households and play them that gift is in their inventory so sim couples who are dating and not living together can give each other pics they took together.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    So excited! But a little nervous for my poor vulnerable plants. 😉

Me too, but even more worried about my poor vulnerable sims. I play different households on the same save. Don't want them freezing to death when I'm not playing them. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    > @JPNeko said:
    > Kimber_TAC_2 wrote: »
    >
    > So excited! But a little nervous for my poor vulnerable plants. 😉
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Me too, but even more worried about my poor vulnerable sims. I play different households on the same save. Don't want them freezing to death when I'm not playing them. :o

In Sims 3, I ended up creating a greenhouse for my plants when Seasons hit.
    Is that something we can do now? Or do we need to wait for specific pieces from the pack?
    And sorry about formatting; using my IPad and it doesn’t seem to want to play nice with the quotes lol
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Greens house already done ✅
    Going to increase the gardening skill of my sims before Seasons hit.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    edited November 2018
    LOW wrote: »
    Sims by the way can give several types of gifts. One of my favorites is the romantic gifts. Also if you give a gift to a sim your not playing then change households and play them that gift is in their inventory so sim couples who are dating and not living together can give each other pics they took together.

I thought gift giving was only under friendly?

There are several gift giving options. Gift Giving is under friendly,Give Romantic Gift is under romance,Give Love Day Gift is also under romance on Love Day,Other gift options are give Winterfest Gift under friendly and more. I can't remember them all.

Holiday gift giving options only appear during that holiday.

Oooh! Could you show us a picture? I checked on the “gallery” and couldn’t find any to use as a reference. I have such a hard time telling what has CC on the PC side.

• AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited November 2018
    So excited for Seasons! But I was hoping someone who has played it on PC can answer a question for me. I don't celebrate any holidays for religious reasons and I'm hoping that actual holidays aren't crammed down your throat in game? I heard you can make your own holidays (which sounds fun and I plan to do!) so I'm hoping that real life holidays are optional or just kind of there but not emphasized? Or have to be initiated? I'm having trouble wording this but I hope I'm being clear enough as to what I mean.

To be clear, I'm not so uptight/crazy that I need my Sims to not celebrate stuff for moral reasons or anything. I just tend to play the way I'm used to living, so I never throw birthday parties for example because I've never had one myself and it's all kind of foreign to me. (I wouldn't even use cakes if it were up to me but then the sims get sad if their b-day is "forgotten", and I'm hoping they don't get sad if I don't give them Christmas or something /sigh)

No matter the answer, I'm excited! I'm torn between preordering and waiting to see what the price is on Black Friday...I probably won't be able to help myself though X)
    You're not required to take the holidays and can even delete the premade ones from the calendar if you wish.

Oooh! Could you show us a picture? I checked on the “gallery” and couldn’t find any to use as a reference. I have such a hard time telling what has CC on the PC side.

Sure. I just made some screenshots. I'm no builder, so please hold your expectations :p
    So my current household live in Windenburg, in an old house. I built this modern structure (green house, for rare and exotic plants) which is attached to the house, it has glass roof, windows and all. I've added the terrace as well (to the left of the house, for common plants) and the front yard (for planting trees, terrain paint not done yet).

The%20Sims%204_20181107155727_zpsxdzwoj3o.jpg

The%20Sims%204_20181107155750_zps51htt7yb.jpg

The%20Sims%204_20181107155822_zpsgzr6id2d.jpg
    Oh nice! The roof looks really cool that way! And I like the tiles on the floor, gives it an outdoorsy feel.

So right now, one of the benefits of having plants outside is they don’t need to be watered? I think?
    I’m assuming some sort of sprinkler is introduced in Seasons so we don’t have to water them one by one if we keep them indoors.
    And they continue to produce fruit, even in off-season, right? If left indoors I mean. 🤔
    You're not required to take the holidays and can even delete the premade ones from the calendar if you wish.

Can you edit the pre-made Holidays?

Yes.
    5 Days Left!!!!
    So I made a perfect garden room, and uploaded it to my library.
    cGJc8oA.jpg

gHji3a7.jpg

Then I pulled it into my household and deleted the plants I didn’t need, and rearranged them somewhat.

MriCfuP.jpg

I left the roof off for now, but I think it’s going to be really fun.
    It’s really cramped in there right now, but I’m working on transitioning the fences around the rooms to actual walls. Once I have the rooms set, I can tighten the spaces, and leave a little more room for the greenhouse. That way my plants won’t clip through the walls. 😄
    4 Days Left!!!!!
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    I’m so excited for seasons !!! It will make
    Gameplay so much better !
    What can I do to prepare my sims for seasons ?
    Should I make my summer and winter clothes now or wait for the CAS items that come with seasons ?
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    Does seasons come with new sim families and lots in the galley for console ?
    I’m so excited for seasons !!! It will make
    Gameplay so much better !
    What can I do to prepare my sims for seasons ?
    Should I make my summer and winter clothes now or wait for the CAS items that come with seasons ?

I'd say wait as Seasons has some nice winter clothing but if you have Cats and Dogs I recommend using the Turtleneck as Cold Weather Clothing.
    Does seasons come with new sim families and lots in the galley for console ?
    No but then we just got both Lots and Households in the Update on the consoles Oct 31st.

Can you send gift in the mail with seasons?
    Not sure but I don't think you can however I think townies can send your sims gifts thru the mail.

3 Days Left!!!!

Fall,Winter and Spring comes to the consoles Tuesday!!!!!
    So hyped! I’m literally counting the hours lol!